What's new

General/Other - Aftershock Aftershock Variation Discussion Thread

So I started to use earth shake more and it's actually really good. Mid screen after a bnb with a db1 ender I use earth shake and it applys pressure to you opponent even tho it's not that bad for them they jus have to be patient and block the low but there is really no point in not using it if your are playing aftershock. In the corner I always use ex earthshake now because if u do it correctly after every combo with the db1 ended u have enough time to use ex earth shake and d1 to stuff any counter poke or wake up. After that u have options to do a guaranteed mixup after the d1 on hit. You can also do d4 into db1d. And if u think they are going to block you can go for f121 db2d breaks armor and hard to block. 21d4u4 shatter cancel into the same string which gives guaranteed chip. There's a lot of options once you get you opponent to start respecting the earth shake. These are a couple. After a d1 on hi gaurenteed 12 db2d which I hunk breaks arm our and is hard to block. There is also 123 db1d which if they get hit by the db1d is a 41% combo it's safe and actually leaves you plus by a little. There's a lot of options honestly. There's a misconception that his move is really bad but it's truly not. It's an amazing tool for aftershock that u should be using if u, u this variation
Now once you get people to respect it, you can finally use the day 1 tech from Tremors OG days. The ex dd1 into grab. Everybody thought this was completely useless because I can't happen in a real match but it can once u get people to respect your d1 cuz it leads to a mix up.
Hi guys.
Old post but I did not find any more recent about that topic.
I have picked Aftershock and beein playing with Crystalline for a while. I am just an average player who has fun not for tournament. :)

Please, help me how to utilize DD1 full screen after D1 ender.
I could not figure out how I can do anything useful after the setup. How can I get respect to do anything?
My discrespectful opponents always mess me up (especially my Raiden friend) and I feel me much worse than without the DD1.
I do not want to give it up but learn and have more fun (despite the fact that I feel Chrystalline more solid for my gameplay - but learning new is always good).

Thanks. :)

There are some match ups where using DD1 after DB1 isn't much of an option. Particularly against characters who have wake ups that travel half screen. At that point after the DB1 you're almost better off using the Air DD1 low to the ground so if he does do a Superman Dive you'll have plenty of time to block and full combo punish. Or, if he's using Displacer you'll be able to block in time to cover the Teleport.

Thank you for the response.
Fortunately DD1 is safe against superman wake up if I block immediately. But doing this I lose my time to do anything useful if he does not wake up. Then he jumps out of the earth quake and he does air superman too to countery any zoning tool attempts. :)

Yeah, probably it is better not to do DD1 but anyhing else like you recommended (or move up for pressure).

For baiting superman or any wrong move I probably will try DD1 sometimes - being versatile is not bad at least the opponent is forced to react differently.

Against Raiden exDD1 in the corner is quote strange too as he has -2F block adv. armored wake up so it is not worth the baiting, either meh. :)
But what else to do in the corned with my lot of advantage time? ex/UpRock? At least that hits the armor wake up and still safe if I want to bait.

Chrystalline covers Raiden's wake up strenght better but that is fair against my friend haha.

Last edited: