What's new

General/Other - Aftershock Aftershock Variation Discussion Thread

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
If crowds during majors don't fist pump Jersey Shore style when Tremor does his D,D+1 in Aftershock, I'm going to be really disappointed.

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
The earthquake (DD1) can be interrupted if you get hit or.... even you block!! Thats soo bad because it limits the DD1 option as a combo ender because any wake up can interrupt it even you block it :(

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Every time you have any space, do the ground pulse. Then, quickly do the long range overhead. Then, go in.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
His variations are throwing me off. The moves seem the same, but just different colors.
I havent played MKX in a week because my roommate is always on Smite as well.
I hope Tremor is a good backup for Cassie

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Who need the long range overhead if you have an unblockable? What we need is something to punish jumps
I didn't say it was the answer to everything. I just said it's a good way to start your offense. It was getting me in the upper 40's.

Plus, you can set the pulse, do the overhead, then move in.

kruderf

Noob
Do Any combo in db2d JF2 123~dd1 you should be able to block those slides.
I tried using it as an ender like you suggested and it does work against raiden's torpedo, but it's very inconsistent. Sometimes I can block but mostly dd1 doesn't recover in time. It definitely will not work against reptile's ex slide. Make sure to set the opponent to tech-roll when you test it.

I think that b32 xx db2d xx njp xx f3 xx db2 (30%) then immediately doing dd1 is best as an ender because it gives you a little time to move before the opponent can wake up.

Also when I mentioned that f121 xx dd1 is 100% safe midscreen, I only tested it by itself. Not sure if it will work as an ender in combos.

Alakai

Noob
If you do dd1 and then time a f2 properly the f2 hits and the aftershock otgs.I'm sure there is a much more viable application but I just wanted to make sure this was known.
Edit: this also works with 33 so I'm pretty sure it'll work as long as it's a hkd

Last edited: