What's new

Aftermath DLC Story Mode spoiler discussion

Gamer68

Fujin!
Just wanted to go ahead and start this thread because I'm already seeing potential spoilers for the new story on Reddit. Figured we could use a thread to try to contain all spoiler discussion in one place, similar to the story thread for the base game.

Any comments below may include leaks/spoilers for the Aftermath DLC Story Mode.

If you post, please use spoiler boxes for the first page or so!

You've been warned!

Last edited:

Gamer68

Fujin!
Fact me til I fart.
Were the leaks cool?
Where are the spoliers? I wanna see?
Honestly, it's not a lot. The main reason why I started it was so when we know more about the story (leaks or not), we can discuss it here without spoiling everyone on the site that doesn't want to see it yet.

What I saw has already been posted in the other thread at this point, and like I said it's not very big, but here it is:

A character model of Shang Tsung with Kronika's crown has been datamined. We don't really know anything beyond that but obviously you could imagine what Shang would try to do if he was in control of time and not the heroes.

He made a thread for spoilers if they happen to come out. I don’t think he should be banned for that. I understand why you said it tho lol

and I’ll say it now, IF YOU CLICK ON THIS THREAD AND GET UPSET AT WHAT YOU SEE, YOU’RE AN IDIOT AND BROUGHT IT UPON YOURSELF.
Nah b, they swiftly banned me. Didn’t investigate, didn’t ask no questions. Ban the OP just like they did me.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Nah b, they swiftly banned me. Didn’t investigate, didn’t ask no questions. Ban the OP just like they did me.
Leaks have always been allowed on TYM unless some rule changed. Not sure where you posted it but leaks aren't allowed in status updates if you did that. Not saying it was justified because I really don't know what happened, just saying.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
Who cares? They’ll fuck it up again. That being said, I think it’ll lead to Liu Kang losing his powers so that he comes back as a regular character in MK12. If he doesn’t get killed again. Stupid NRS

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
if this is truly the last MK for sometime, I hope they leave it in a somewhat satisfying way, the base MK11 ending didn’t do that for me, it rather enraged me, so I’m hoping there’s more meAt to it, but i remember thinking the Mk11 story was going to be totally different based on the way they cut their trailers so i have low expectations

Leaks have always been allowed on TYM unless some rule changed. Not sure where you posted it but leaks aren't allowed in status updates if you did that. Not saying it was justified because I really don't know what happened, just saying.
Nope. Ban or nothing.

Lord Snotty

Lord of the Bletherrealm.
Honestly, it's not a lot. The main reason why I started it was so when we know more about the story (leaks or not), we can discuss it here without spoiling everyone on the site that doesn't want to see it yet.

What I saw has already been posted in the other thread at this point, and like I said it's not very big, but here it is:

A character model of Shang Tsung with Kronika's crown has been datamined. We don't really know anything beyond that but obviously you could imagine what Shang would try to do if he was in control of time and not the heroes.

Of course this would happen and I'm here for it!

Benlo

PrayforSareena
Well, it kinda makes more sense Shang Tsung being in charge of the timeline at the end of MK11. I think he will bring back both the good and the bad ones.

It does not really make sense Liu Kang controlling the hourglass : why would he bring back the vilains like Shao Kahn or Quan Chi, or his other ennemies ?

Shang Tsung like the fight between the others.

Probably will build up a cliffhanger for MK12 like how MK9 and MK10 ended up with.

That why this story expansion is made anyway.

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
Apparently there is a complete story summary thats sounds pretty legit on 4chan. Beat by beat and every fight.

The most important thing i gathered from it is

FUJIN KILLS SHAO KAHN.

DONT FUCK WITH THE WIND GOD

thank god they dont do my boy dirty

Last edited:

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
Apparently there is a complete story summary thats sounds pretty legit on 4chan. Beat by beat and every fight.

The most important thing i gathered from it is

FUJIN KILLS SHAO KAHN.
who doesn't at this point....he is free for everyone.:(

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Scorpion gets killed again? How is that possible!

Sindel vs D'Vorah sounds promising.

Some things are so weird that are actually believable. The ending is like that moment in Armageddon where all the major villains joined forces, but this time they replace Onaga with Daegon.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
if this is truly the last MK for sometime, I hope they leave it in a somewhat satisfying way, the base MK11 ending didn’t do that for me, it rather enraged me, so I’m hoping there’s more meAt to it, but i remember thinking the Mk11 story was going to be totally different based on the way they cut their trailers so i have low expectations
I felt the same way after i finished the storymode in MK11. That game has the worst story of any MK game. Time travels (again!), many different timelines making for a messy story, bringing back killed characters (yet again, for the umpteenth time), at the end of the story everything we knew and loved about MK, except two characters, was erased. Really?!

Last edited: