What's new

Match-up Discussion After a Blocked Slide...

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I decided to open this thread for a in depth discussion with this tool because this is where non Skarlet players believe so blindly that this is where her mind games ends.

And also gather more data and experience from you guys who manage the use of this tool after a block string because they always block low and think its their turn to do something.

So without taking this blah blah blah for long and since "some of us fools who believe she is 5-5 with kabal", lets discuss and get to know what to do after someone blocks a slide.

I've heard and seen by own experience, players saying that they can bait EX dash with a poke(d1/d3), since is kinda risky to do a grab attempt or a string after a blocked slide, others players think that by doing d1 after a blocked slide we will Ex Dash trough and try to punish with a up slash.

So i'm Asking, who actually thinks this is nonsence, who Skarlet player actually do that in first place?
Do you Ex dash trough a d1 even if you know he will do it?
Do you Ex Dash after a blocked slide just to be on control?
Do you wait and screw up his d1 game by conterpoke and slide on to his toes again?

The objective of this thread is to share your experience and get to know properly what to do after someone blocks a slide.

So lets discuss this

Khaotic_xShangx

Fear the Skulls
from my experiences, people try to d1, uppercut, throw, or start their own pressure after a slide thinking that i cant do anything else. I usually never ex dash after slide so my main thing i do is d1 to daggers or just a simple d1. Now if i do ex dash it is just to scare them and i start my pressure again with block strings. Nobody said i have to do a downslash or upslash just because i ex dash. You catch alot of people just sitting there and blocking when they see an ex dash coming so you get free pressure or a throw for 1 bar of meter. Ive also been working on d1 canceled to ex slide cause everyone knows to counterpoke a d1 so as soon as they see a d1 they automatically poke you back but cancel it with a ex dash and they get blown up. I wouldnt suggest doing this alot and this is still in the testing phase.

ryublaze

Noob
I block since anything I do afterwards will get beaten. If I block a poke then I'll poke back with something like D1 Red Dash slide or D3, D4, Red Dash slide. I EX Red Dash sometimes and if I see them blocking I'll just end with slide or stop the EX Red Dash and start pressure.

AssassiN

Noob
Sometimes I like to do an instant close air dagger. If they try to d3 you, the dagger will hit and you can do some blockstrings again.
Never used ex dash after a blocked slide, you have enough other options certainly when you know that 70% your opponent will try to poke.

Khaotic_xShangx

Fear the Skulls
Sometimes I like to do an instant close air dagger. If they try to d3 you, the dagger will hit and you can do some blockstrings again.
Never used ex dash after a blocked slide, you have enough other options certainly when you know that 70% your opponent will try to poke.
i use to use that to but if they see you doing that alot they will start to uppercut the hell out of you so i stopped doing that unless i delayed my slide which put us a neutral. It is fair game then.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I decided to open this thread for a in depth discussion with this tool because this is where non Skarlet players believe so blindly that this is where her mind games ends.
I don't. I think I'm the only non-Skarlet player that actually realized a while ago that blocked RD slide sets up the same scenario as Sonya on blocked cartwheel, only riskier.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I don't. I think I'm the only non-Skarlet player that actually realized a while ago that blocked RD slide sets up the same scenario as Sonya on blocked cartwheel, only riskier.
Exacly. You don't because you used to do Skarlet back in the day :p

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Exacly. You don't because you used to do Skarlet back in the day :p
I never really used her, ever, actually. I learned how to dagger cancel and do some of her early BnBs and that was it. I just realized how stupid slide mixups are if she has a bar when I saw the frame data.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I never really used her, ever, actually. I learned how to dagger cancel and do some of her early BnBs and that was it. I just realized how stupid slide mixups are if she has a bar when I saw the frame data.
I only got the DLCs after the patch, so i don't know how Skarlet was back in her glory days of the slide followups glitch ^^

Khaotic_xShangx

Fear the Skulls
I only got the DLCs after the patch, so i don't know how Skarlet was back in her glory days of the slide followups glitch ^^
they were godlike eddy. you probably can find some old combo videos but after a slide you could ex downslash for extra damage on combos. her dagger cancels were as fast as the ex daggers cancels are. i didnt know how to fully use her tho so i stopped and picked up shang instead. 3 months ago i decided to pick her back up and i love it.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
they were godlike eddy. you probably can find some old combo videos but after a slide you could ex downslash for extra damage on combos. her dagger cancels were as fast as the ex daggers cancels are. i didnt know how to fully use her tho so i stopped and picked up shang instead. 3 months ago i decided to pick her back up and i love it.
In the next installment those slide followups should come back as Ex Move from slide, and should be easely fuzzy guarded and balanced to not be a broken tool.

Khaotic_xShangx

Fear the Skulls
In the next installment those slide followups should come back as Ex Move from slide, and should be easely fuzzy guarded and balanced to not be a broken tool.
that would be a nice addition for her since the slide has no ex version. that would be up to the community to decide. Also i hope she is in future MK series. I would hate to lose her.

I find good examples after blocked slide are d3 or d1 since both have good startup. Uppercut is a solid option too. And if you saw my snipe tech vid, cancel into d3 after blocked slide when they duck for snipe tech grab option. And my last two cents, if they get impatient, after slide is blocked, delay a df2 for their late jump out attempt. Lol shujinkydink does that a lot with db2.

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
Block and counter poke.

Also, I call bullshit on the idea that you can't counter poke online. Its certainly less reliable than offline, but I still get em in often. I love fishing for poke after slide, counter poke for advantage, back to work.