What's new

After 6 years of working two jobs, I'm now a debtless owner of an apartment

Owerbart

I miss you
Hi! So yeah, what the title says. I have my own place now. All this time (i'm 26 now) I really didn't want to ask my family for anything, so here we are. The place is cozy, I already paid all the debts the previous owner left, and now I have a three room apartment (+kitchen +bathroom) for myself. I still don't have any furniture besides a table, but I should be able to get the whole place running before the end of the year. Sorry for the shitty pics, (i know it looks creepy now, I'm gonna give it a paintjob)

This is the living room:

The living room is 3.5m x 3.3m square, nothing fancy. It leads to a corridor and has this nice balcony:

The wooden curtain works like shit, I'll probably have to redoit from scratch. it is a second floor apartment, so i get this view:

and then, the two rooms:

yeah that's a trapezoid-shaped room. Weirdest thing ever. I'll probably make it my bedroom.

and then, the small room:

I suck at taking pics i know. But wait.

what's in this big black bag????

soon you will know :)

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Congrats man!

Out of curiosity, how big is the pad in m2? And how much did you pay for it? Is it located in central? Did you pay cash, or loan?

For comparison: I bought a pad with: one bed room, living room, kitchen and bathroom, build year around 1981, total size 42m2, in capital city of Poland, EU. Total value around 100k USD in cash

Owerbart

I miss you
Congrats man!

Out of curiosity, how big is the pad in m2? And how much did you pay for it? Is it located in central? Did you pay cash, or loan?

For comparison: I bought a pad with: one bed room, living room, kitchen and bathroom, build year around 1981, total size 42m2, in capital city of Poland, EU. Total value around 100k USD in cash
thanks man! Congrats on your find as well!

this building is from 1976. overall is 45 squared meters. If by pad you mean the balcony, it is hella small, like, 3 m2 at best. It is on the capital city (buenos aires) and it cost me 83 usd k. Its in a residential neighborhood but i'm close enough from a subway station so no biggie.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Congrats! Have fun decorating and take your time with it, make this place yours. I moved out from my parent's house 2 years ago and man, being alone is the best thing that ever happened to me lmao. I like the quiet, but it can get lonely sometimes so make sure to get out often too.

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Crossplay Username: ProbablyMinus
I've been debt free for 3 years both of my 17' & 18' year vehicles are paid off.

I'm married with a house at 24. Tryna pay off my house soon actually. The trick is dont go out to eat and no alcohol. But enjoy it man you can take it a step further and build your own furniture.

I made my own entertainment system for about 120$ and it looks great just pencil whipped it and it came out great.

Attachments

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I've been debt free for 3 years both of my 17' & 18' year vehicles are paid off.

I'm married with a house at 24. Tryna pay off my house soon actually. The trick is dont go out to eat and no alcohol. But enjoy it man you can take it a step further and build your own furniture.

I made my own entertainment system for about 120$ and it looks great just pencil whipped it and it came out great.
Love the dark wood in there! But those curtains gotta go man.

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Crossplay Username: ProbablyMinus
Lmao the curtains came with the house those are the only curtains I havent changed yet tbh.
I got some 2 x 10 and burned it with a torch and then I stained it with a deep blue. Its made out of lead pipes and flanges. Awesome 1 on 1 time with the wife making it.

Attachments

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
thanks man! Congrats on your find as well!

this building is from 1976. overall is 45 squared meters. If by pad you mean the balcony, it is hella small, like, 3 m2 at best. It is on the capital city (buenos aires) and it cost me 83 usd k. Its in a residential neighborhood but i'm close enough from a subway station so no biggie.

Pad, I meant flat/apartment. Cool. So it seems the prices are not so far away one from another. I love Buenos Aires, always wanted to visit and spend some quality time. Warsaw is cold, most of the year. Will post some pictures of mine later, though I'm ancient, 36 lol

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
Congrats bro. i know it feels so good. i bought my current home 7 years ago and i know how it's feel. Enjoy..

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
It's nice to be debtless:D at 25 I was like you then I started a family. Now I'm just under 10G's from being debt free for the second time in my life and house hunting for a 4 or 5 bedroom house.

Congrats.

OzzFoxx

Hardcore gaming poser.
Awesome job dude. The worlds full of people giving reasons why it’s impossible for this generation to get a foothold (school debt/lack of education, discrimination, competition, automation/etc). I love seeing young people that choose to not participate in that nonsense and focus on their opportunities. Keep kickin ass man

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Awesome job dude. The worlds full of people giving reasons why it’s impossible for this generation to get a foothold (school debt/lack of education, discrimination, competition, automation/etc). I love seeing young people that choose to not participate in that nonsense and focus on their opportunities. Keep kickin ass man
It's a reason why I waited a few years before going to college and worked in order to pay my own way. A lot of sacrifice comes with it, but it paid off in the end.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Congrats. Yeah, I'm trying not to worry about that right now but I live in NYC so not looking forward to paying off this house down the line lol. May sell but time will tell.

Owerbart

I miss you
thanks to everyone for the kind words! I currently have little more than air on my bank account so i'll have to save some money to buy furniture and stuff. I'm planning on painting a huge mk dragon logo in one of the walls. The small room will be a project that i'll reveal soon :)

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Congratulations bro!! I’m only a couple hundred dollars away from the SAME THING!! Once I clear my last small debts I’m gonna start investing and trying to secure passive income for the future. I’ve never been more excited for something to start in my life. Enjoy it bro!
That's basically what my mindset has been as well. I might have no debt, but I know that can change at any time so I've just been continuing my same habits that I had while in college, which is just saving up my money and doing my best to resist any impulse shopping. Might be a minimalist mindset, but when I actually see money in my bank account, I know I'm making the right move.