What's new

Advice for the MK2 to UMK3 Transition??

uaphysx

Noob
I haven't played UMK3 in like 5 years... I am actively addicted to MK2 in the pSN and recently made the 360 purchase for the sole reason of playing UMK3... So far. i have found the controller to be fucking me up in the most retarded ways.. i think i have like a 20% success rate for Kabal's B - F - LK Spinner... WTF??????? Anyways... Im really considering the Arcade in a Box stick. ANyone Else struggle when transitioning from mk2 to UMK3 that has any advice?

HAYRON

Noob
As far as the transition from MK2 to umk3, my advice is don't turtle, always pick someone from the top half of the tier list if your playing to win, and play with people better than you over and over and over.

I did find another fix for the xbox 360 dpad I'm going to try out sometime soon.
I'm traditionally a dpad player and can't afford a stick right now anyway, so I'm hoping this works. It's been said that the sanding in this tutorial isn't necessary, so I'm just going to try the spacer portion.

http://www.instructables.com/id/DIY-Fix-the-d-pad-on-the-Xbox-360-control-pad-mor/

My only problem with this is that my wife already gets irritated with all the "clicking those buttons" and they say this makes the dpad louder.