What's new

Tech Advantage off of Standing 1, air gotcha.

LEGEND

YES!
You can do the same with standing 1 gotcha grab but its impossible to land in a real fight but it gives you a free x-ray so i use the one tyrant uses sometimes.
WTF are you talking about?
Free Xray?
Same thing with 1-Gotcha. . . how? and why is impossible to land in a real fight?
-
my guess is you have no idea whats going on

LEGEND

YES!
Then you do another standing 1. Its 8 frames... lol

11111111111111111111111 :(
standing 1 only hits duck blocking if I jail you into it with a Jip or + frame off F3, F41 or F4-EW on hit

i know you know this, stop being emo sir

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
So the airgrab creates a longer stun? Can`t you just standing 1 jab without the airgrab and then follow up with whatever you want anyway? What exactly is the theory behind this? I`m curious.

LEGEND

YES!
So the airgrab creates a longer stun? Can`t you just standing 1 jab without the airgrab and then follow up with whatever you want anyway? What exactly is the theory behind this? I`m curious.
1 on hit and block is neutral
1-AGG on hit is +23 but -23 (iirc) on block

Trying to think of ways you can option select the 1DB1

If I dont misunderstand.

most normals are + on hit, by canceling a move with a special youre taking away the recovery of the normal you hit the oponent with.

for example if a move would be +10 on hit, you wont actually be +10 if the move you used has 5 frames of recovery, making it +5 in reality. by canceling that move you will actually get the +10 or almost the +10 at least.

kronspik

Noob
1 normally has a duration of 22 frames and +0 on hit. Why would cancelling it into something make it +23 on hit? That's a mindfuck.

kronspik

Noob
I guess the reason behind this is because cancelling a normal changes its hitstun (and maybe blockstun) properties sometimes. It's just how the game works?

Ryheem

LIN-KUEI STUDENT
WTF are you talking about?
Free Xray?
Same thing with 1-Gotcha. . . how? and why is impossible to land in a real fight?
-
my guess is you have no idea whats going on
WTF i think you dont know what im talking about and im not talking about. Do you really think you can space a standing 1 into gotcha grab. Not the anti air one. The one on the ground ok. My guess is i think you dont know what im talking about.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
a perfectly spaced 1~gotcha grab on hit in which the grab whiffs will grant you a free xray

Beginner0k_TwM

https://www.twitch.tv/beginner0k_twm
RDK|Tyrant Good stuff, I use this option as a punishment, for example reptile elbow dash: 1~d,b+1 => b+1,2,4 in block chip damage. misses all the characters in the block and without block

Last edited: