What's new

Tech - Acidic Acidic vortex

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Yeah alien is sick

loving using
as a backup. seams to have a great neutral that Cyrax doesn't have.
imagine if tag kombat was back,a dn Alien Acidic/ Triborg - Cyrax was on the same team, OMG

MadeOfMetal

Small update, using 33xxacid blood it's possible to get a +23 restand after starting with bf4 ex or njp:

Alien loses some damage, but sometimes the restand into guaranteed 50/50 attempt or pressure (or throw) could be better than an extra 10%.
hey man, do you ever try using F4 instead of B2 or does it never work for ya?

i sometimes use B3 and F4

but it doesnt seem there is much that go off them without meter.

whats your thoughts?

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
hey man, do you ever try using F4 instead of B2 or does it never work for ya?

i sometimes use B3 and F4

but it doesnt seem there is much that go off them without meter.

whats your thoughts?
I don't really use b2 in match, I used it in the video just to show how plus is Alien in that situation.

After a restand my personal preference is going for B3xxacidblood (to pump up the damage as much as possible, keep them standing and continue the pressure with other damaging options) , or F4db3 to keep them on the acid pool.

If I know the opponent is aware of my patterns, I mix it up with throws, f134 pressure, or something not easy to block (for example b3, bf4).
F4db2 seems to be good if you want to be very safe and keep the opponent far from you even if they manage to block.

MadeOfMetal

I don't really use b2 in match, I used it in the video just to show how plus is Alien in that situation.

After a restand my personal preference is going for B3xxacidblood (to pump up the damage as much as possible, keep them standing and continue the pressure with other damaging options) , or F4db3 to keep them on the acid pool.

If I know the opponent is aware of my patterns, I mix it up with throws, f134 pressure, or something not easy to block (for example b3, bf4).
F4bd2 seems to be good if you want to be very safe and keep the opponent far from you even if they manage to block.
On the B3~AcidBlood
are you RC'ing before that or are you doing B3~ExoSting?

Asodimazze

On the B3~AcidBlood
are you RC'ing before that or are you doing B3~ExoSting?
There is no need to run before doing b3xxAcidBlood, it hits pretty far...It surely works after the EX Crawl, f23xxAcidBlood setup.
If you are too far to connect with the acid blood, b3 exo sting is a great idea too

MadeOfMetal

There is no need to run before doing b3xxAcidBlood, it hits pretty far...It surely works after the EX Crawl, f23xxAcidBlood setup.
If you are too far to connect with the acid blood, b3 exo sting is a great idea too
ohh i ment the F4 sometimes i have a problem reaching after EX acid blood so i rc to get in range for vortex 50/50 and for sum odd reason i do the same with B3 even though it reaches from afar?

out of these what would you use (when and where)

Punishers? 8 frame punishers/starters. (when and where do you use it)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

B1 (plus 2 on block) 9 frame startup

B11

B113

B11U4 (i seen you use this alot

i use all these alot cuz its a great 9 frame starter. and mixup with BF4

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

B2 being 22 frames startup, i can only use it Mid ranged, curious how you implement it in every situation?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

D2 7 frames of startup, but does it work well as an Anti air and anti Crossover? i feel it has a wierd jump before the hit is active, and it seems to cause some issues for me when timing the Anti airs/CO's, is this the same for you?

and if so, what do you use as an Anti Crossover and Anti Air?

and how much do you use:

F134 or F13BF4 mixup into Crawl combos?

Asodimazze

ohh i ment the F4 sometimes i have a problem reaching after EX acid blood so i rc to get in range for vortex 50/50 and for sum odd reason i do the same with B3 even though it reaches from afar?

out of these what would you use (when and where)

Punishers? 8 frame punishers/starters. (when and where do you use it)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

B1 (plus 2 on block) 9 frame startup

B11

B113

B11U4 (i seen you use this alot

i use all these alot cuz its a great 9 frame starter. and mixup with BF4

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

B2 being 22 frames startup, i can only use it Mid ranged, curious how you implement it in every situation?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

D2 7 frames of startup, but does it work well as an Anti air and anti Crossover? i feel it has a wierd jump before the hit is active, and it seems to cause some issues for me when timing the Anti airs/CO's, is this the same for you?

and if so, what do you use as an Anti Crossover and Anti Air?

and how much do you use:

F134 or F13BF4 mixup into Crawl combos?
As punishers, I only use b11u4 and 112.
112 is particularly good in the corner, since you can get a decent meterless combo out of it :

112xxdb2, d1, b11xxacid blood. It does around 22% if I'm not mistaking

-------------------------------------------------

I don't know how to use b2 effectively, I never tried to implement it in my game to be honest :/

--------------------------------------------------

B1 is one of the best anti crossup in the game. If you react fast enough, it beats everything.
D1 is easier to use and amazing too, it works as anti crossup and standard anti air
df3 and u3 are good when you want to hit people out of the air, but they are not too close

---------------------------------------------------

I play my whole game around f134 mixups, it's by far Acidic best string and is pretty safe against a lot of characters. Be careful when using f134bf4 upclose though, in certain matchups (like Kano, Cassie) you'll get punished everytime.

I try to get a ex crawl restand almost everytime I have a bar available, it's the best chance the character has to put up great damage and can easily turn the round in Alien favour. Even spending 2 bars after starting with exbf4 might be worth in some situations

MadeOfMetal

As punishers, I only use b11u4 and 112.
112 is particularly good in the corner, since you can get a decent meterless combo out of it :

112xxdb2, d1, b11xxacid blood. It does around 22% if I'm not mistaking

-------------------------------------------------

I don't know how to use b2 effectively, I never tried to implement it in my game to be honest :/

--------------------------------------------------

B1 is one of the best anti crossup in the game. If you react fast enough, it beats everything.
D1 is easier to use and amazing too, it works as anti crossup and standard anti air
df3 and u3 are good when you want to hit people out of the air, but they are not too close

---------------------------------------------------

I play my whole game around f134 mixups, it's by far Acidic best string and is pretty safe against a lot of characters. Be careful when using f134bf4 upclose though, in certain matchups (like Kano, Cassie) you'll get punished everytime.

I try to get a ex crawl restand almost everytime I have a bar available, it's the best chance the character has to put up great damage and can easily turn the round in Alien favour. Even spending 2 bars after starting with exbf4 might be worth in some situations
its always nice to have someone else's input.

SkyratiK

The game session is no longer available.
The only time I use b2 is after a 33~egg setup if they're conditioned to respect you on wake up, but even then it's risky so you can't overuse it. As far as AA goes for meterless I do b1, run f2~acid blood to start his 50/50. You can also do b1, d4~ex crawl, f23~acid blood for decent acid damage into 50/50. I'm sure its not optimal but it's easy to pull off and effective.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Doctor Rektangle

Think outside the Box
Everyone on my stream said Alien was OD. So since I hadn't fought any I didn't believe. So after my KP2 purchase I've played the Quadborg. I've played the Leatherface and the BRC. All had their pros and cons and everyone still kept saying "Wait till Alien Dawg." "The mayor of 50/50ville".

So I did last night. And all I'll ask Ed Boon if I ever meet him is. "WHO MADE THIS?".

All salt aside. Ending in the corner with acid blood on a typical 29-34%BNB Then following up with a throw that does 19-23%. Is just nuts while still having the option to go for the 50/50 on hit stun. Also the acid ticks being able to kill... I've won too many matches like that even interrupting an Xray.

Then the checka yourself before you Rekka yourself.

I'm just like, this character is 100% fanfiction. Although I'm upset there is no Queen Cameo.

TKB

Noob
Everyone on my stream said Alien was OD. So since I hadn't fought any I didn't believe. So after my KP2 purchase I've played the Quadborg. I've played the Leatherface and the BRC. All had their pros and cons and everyone still kept saying "Wait till Alien Dawg." "The mayor of 50/50ville".

So I did last night. And all I'll ask Ed Boon if I ever meet him is. "WHO MADE THIS?".

All salt aside. Ending in the corner with acid blood on a typical 29-34%BNB Then following up with a throw that does 19-23%. Is just nuts while still having the option to go for the 50/50 on hit stun. Also the acid ticks being able to kill... I've won too many matches like that even interrupting an Xray.

Then the checka yourself before you Rekka yourself.

I'm just like, this character is 100% fanfiction. Although I'm upset there is no Queen Cameo.
There is a queen cameo! She's in one of the fatalities

Asodimazze

The new patch didn't really affect any of Alien ex crawl setups or the ex bf4, 33xxacid blood setup. The vortex guide is still valid :D

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
The new patch didn't really affect any of Alien ex crawl setups or the ex bf4, 33xxacid blood setup. The vortex guide is still valid :D
looks good to me. im working on a acidic guide anyway. i was waiting until they did something to him and im glad i waited. If anyone wants to contribute please let me know

SkyratiK

But how can you follow with any low/oh when youre only at +1? Personally I feel like making a special +1 on hit is kind of silly but Ill stay calm.

Asodimazze

But how can you follow with any low/oh when youre only at +1? Personally I feel like making a special +1 on hit is kind of silly but Ill stay calm.
It's not +1, it's distance dependent.
Do any combo into ex crawl, f23xxacid blood or 33xxacid blood and you are at least +18

Last edited:

SkyratiK

Yeah I just noticed that. I was also thinking, if you do b3/b2 after ex crawl it doesn't link, but it jails. If theyre expecting f23~acid blood you should be able to completely catch them off guard.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
So how does it work ? More distance when it hits=more + ?
It is worth to still use ex flip j2 run b11xxblood ? ir just go for dmg and do ex flip run up b11u4 f23xxstrike

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
thx a lot man ,its a lot easier to do and more + in cost of 1% dmg . I'll take that ;) Great stuff .

SkyratiK

Made this video for a friend's guide but I figured I would share it here as well.