What's new

Tech - Acidic Acidic vortex

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
Ending a combo with EXCrawl into 33xxAcidBlood will hit the opponent at the last active frame of the special move giving Alien enormous advantage.
He is so plus that he forces to block a jump in against big characters and b3 against females. Looks at least +25:

With this advantage Alien is able to do whatever move he wants after the combo and it will jail. This means he gets free pressure, a free 50/50 attempt or a throw mixup.
He can even go for another move into EXCrawl and recreate the same situation, resulting in a (super risky) vortex:

In some situations EXcrawl, 33xxacid blood will not work though, it's range dependent. In that case, going for EXCrawl, f23434xxacid blood is the best choice, since it will leave Alien at around +12 and he will still get free pressure afterwards:

It's also possible to get a +23 restand using 33xxacid blood after ex bf4

Hope you'll find these informations useful, the Xenomorph is looking good!

Edit: EXCrawl, f23xxacid blood gives an advantage of around +20 on hit and is super consistent, so when in doubt about EXCrawl, 33xxacid blood use that

Last edited:

Trustypatches

PSN: Boweeen, Twitch: rBoweeen
Great stuff. After you posted this in the other thread I looked at 33 xx acid against Kitana and saw that it whiffed after the restand, like you said it might against some characters. However I was able to guarantee both a f4 and b3 after I did f23 xx acid (from the same b11u4 combo you did ). It looks like that will be a better set up against some characters I'm thinking. Again, great finds!

Just tested, it also works on Jacqui so I'm going to assume it's universal. It looks at least +20.
Also looking at it further, it seems f23 xx acid will work off loads of different scenarios after Ex krawl (if not all) because of how f23 advances a lot.

Last edited:

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man
After bf1EX f23434acid and bf1Ex 33acid,the acid part can be blocked by certain characters like Kung Lao from my experience

Asodimazze

Great stuff. After you posted this in the other thread I looked at 33 xx acid against Kitana and saw that it whiffed after the restand, like you said it might against some characters. However I was able to guarantee both a f4 and b3 after I did f23 xx acid (from the same b11u4 combo you did ). It looks like that will be a better set up against some characters I'm thinking. Again, great finds!

Just tested, it also works on Jacqui so I'm going to assume it's universal. It looks at least +20.
Also looking at it further, it seems f23 xx acid will work off loads of different scenarios after Ex krawl (if not all) because of how f23 advances a lot.
Good stuff, f23xxacid blood might be a great alternative.
The fact that it works on Jaquie doesn't make it universal unfortunately (for example Kano is able to block the special of f23434xxacidblood but jaquie gets hit :/) , I'll test it against other characters.

After bf1EX f23434acid and bf1Ex 33acid,the acid part can be blocked by certain characters like Kung Lao from my experience
True, it's not universal so one has to know when it can be used before trying it in match

SkyratiK

The game session is no longer available.
Good stuff! I was messing around with this concept a little last night too. Unfortunately I haven't been able to play a lot due to my job. This variation is awesome.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

It seems the link of db4 depends of the distance you have when you start bf1 EX.
I tried with Jason because db4 linked sometimes with bf1Ex 33acid, sometimes not. The farther you are when you start bf1 EX, the most you seem to be able to link db4 at the end. At least with 33 db4 against Jason, testing with full cast atm

SkyratiK

The game session is no longer available.
After f21~acid blood, if you do b3~acid blood even though it says it's -8 it can still beat Lao's cyclone on reversal timing, allowing you to block and punish it while he is poisoned. If it hits you can go into more pressure. I tried this with b11 and f23, neither gives you time to block and you take the wake up for a full punish.

Edit: So for some reason it works against Lao but not Tanya's low drill kick, which has a slower startup. B11~acid blood works against Tanya, but not Lao. Thought I had something here but it appears to be character dependant like the link on 33~acid blood. I'm just going to keep testing the two on all common wake ups.

Last edited:

IsrA9x19

Noob
The fact that it works on Jaquie doesn't make it universal unfortunately (for example Kano is able to block the special of f23434xxacidblood but jaquie gets hit :/) , I'll test it against other characters.

True, it's not universal so one has to know when it can be used before trying it in match

Hmmm with the fj1 or fj2 i manage to make it work on Kung Lao , i tried other characters with a small hitbox like Jacqui and D`vorah and it works perfect with the fj2

IsrA9x19

Noob

i think i found out why the f23434xxacidblood doesnt work on male characters
there is a similar problem to Sub Zero b12 ex clone cancel , if you switch stance with your oponent it will work .... because all the switch stances during the combo it wont connect , when you switch stances and perform the f23434xxacidblood you and your opponent end in the same stance but is impposible to have this result for some reason

Asodimazze

i think i found out why the f23434xxacidblood doesnt work on male characters
there is a similar problem to Sub Zero b12 ex clone cancel , if you switch stance with your oponent it will work .... because all the switch stances during the combo it wont connect , when you switch stances and perform the f23434xxacidblood you and your opponent end in the same stance but is impposible to have this result for some reason
Yeah, it could definetely be a stance problem...you are probably right.
I'm just using f23xxacid blood against them, to avoid any kind of problem lol