What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Acidic Acidic Alien vs the world

Snake Sound 222

Tonight, Tarkata feasts
I looked through the Alien forum and didn't see any Acidic matchup threads. I only saw a Tarkatan matchup thread and a general matchup thread from early April. So I thought we should have an MU thread for Acidic.

Which fighter (s) give you trouble?

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
Yup she can also punish everything he does meterless for 32% from ball roll reversal. Exo spray or sting whatever it's called is -8 and so is acid blood.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Yup she can also punish everything he does meterless for 32% from ball roll reversal. Exo spray or sting whatever it's called is -8 and so is acid blood.
She can't punish -8 stuffs consistently (she can't even punish Kotal's -10 F2). Roll takes time to travel. I'm not sure about all the -8 stuffs from Alien but if Alien cancel sting/acid blood from a string that creates distance, roll can't punish it

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Mileena roll does not punish acid blood off any cancel. Roll also has a hard time punishing acid spray unless you are point blank.

Hardest MU's for me are Hollywood, all Jax, Cyber/Cutthroat, Flame fist and Full Auto.
Jax is in the game?

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
Jax's energy wave zoning is still pretty good at trading with acid spray. He still gets a free punish on tail scoop and d4 at all ranges. Can still armor break fairly easily on knockdown. Still has the ability to anti air Alien's jumps. Still does more damage, has plus frames and gets in fairly easily.

Both characters got nerfed pretty significantly, but I still see this as a 6-4 in Jax's favor, outside of maybe Heavy Weapons.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
Hmmmm maybe I tested wrong I suppose. I was sure it could but I'll take you guys word for it I haven't touched acidic since may lol

@Thazeekster608 i meant the reg one

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
Also, EX Acid Spray has incorrect frame data in game. It is not +8, or whatever it says. It's somewhere around 0 off most cancels. Acidic can be slightly plus if done from the right range, but this isn't a pressure tool like some other ex projectiles.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
Vs Outlaw/Marksman, probably 6-4 Acidic's favor. Haven't seen or played anyone using these variations in a long time, but the new patch was pretty harsh to these 2 versions of Erron, and base Alien still has better footsies and can't be anti-aired in the MU.

Vs Gunslinger, 5-5. Nerf to EX Pounce and EX Low scoop hit advantage makes it a pretty pretty tough to deal with low guns. Gunslinger's SOS4 also wins trades vs acid spray, and knocks down. However, Alien can crawl/d4 under the bullets and still heavily outfootsies Erron. I can see an argument that Erron may win this MU, but I'm sticking with even for now.