What's new

General/Other Accidental Catclaws

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
Hello, I've come here a lot and read a lot of advice and tips, but I have one common problem. a lot of times I try to do F112dash, but end up doing 11 Claws. My normal reaction is to do another 11 caws for about 19%. Is there a better set to do after the first accidental claws?

Meterburn the claws. B3, F3, 1F2.

I don't think you can connect that F3 into F2, catdash; so is probably the easiest damage you could get out of that mistake.

LockM

Noob
B3 anyway, it's tighter than the catdash but with a bit of practice it's no problem.
Also you should focus on not getting the claws accidentally, you are doing the bf too early and that is why the 2 from the 112 is considered an input for the catdash.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
Try turning off release check and see if that helps at all...
Release check is off! I think it comes down to me putting inputs in too fast.

and thanks first and lock, I'll take those to practice and see if I can manage it

Reborn

Noob
Release check is off! I think it comes down to me putting inputs in too fast.

and thanks first and lock, I'll take those to practice and see if I can manage it
Yeah you must be inputting your back forward too quick. You can usually input strings super quick with no issues, but you must be extremely deliberate with what you input.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
ah alright, I guess I could try to slow down, but I feel like there's a very precise timing on some segments, the B12D3 to Dash specifically

Reborn

Noob
Honestly you can input starters into specials however quickly you want and have no issues. Some moves like claws into b3 need to be timed pretty precisely. The only thing with Catwoman that you should be getting inconsistently is the double wiff f3 because that takes some real execution (which I lack). Anything else you are having trouble with should be grinded out in practice mode until you get it 20 times in a row easily.

Justice

Noob
If you're doing that string and getting Cat Claws you are either doing the Dash motions stupendously early or you're mashing buttons and getting a 1 where you're not supposed to be. Either way it comes down to sloppy inputs.

ah alright, I guess I could try to slow down, but I feel like there's a very precise timing on some segments, the B12D3 to Dash specifically
You're looking at training all wrong. When you are learning something new, accuracy is the most important thing. The last thing you want to have happen is to have your muscle memory remembering lazy inputs. This will only make things worse down the road.

If you're like me and execution is an issue, go back to the beginning and take it one step at a time. Do the inputs really slow (so slow that the special or kombo doesn't come out) but make sure that you are doing them correctly. Remember that accuracy is key here because you are training your hands to do the motions without any thought from you. Then slowly speed up while maintaining 100% accuracy. Be honest with yourself here since lying to yourself won't help you. You will be amazed at how fast the speed will come by doing this.

I also like counting it out like on sheet music. Think of games like Rock Band, Guitar Hero, Dance Dance Revolution et.al. where the button you need to press comes at you and you need to press it at a certain time. Then you can count it off in your head as you are doing it which should help to slow you down and keep things organized. Here is an example:

1- F1
2- 1
3- 2
4- BF2
5- B3
6- JF
7- 1
8- F1
9-1
10- 2
11- 3

That works out to: F112 xx Cat Dash, B3, J1, F1123

See how everything is laid out simplistically and ordered? This is a method that works for me and it may not work for you, you just have to learn what does work for you.

Anywho, I hope this helps!

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
Thanks a ton Justice! I just started with that, but I feel like it's a good way to finally get comfortable with the B12D3 anf F112. Though I don't think the sheetmusic idea will work on me, but I am counting each move out loud, and it seems like it's working.

Have this shoddily made gif as thanks