What's new

About time I joined...

SquidlyB

Noob
Hello everyone!

Like so many others who join the community I was a long time lurker prior to joining (about 6 years). I've been playing NRS games since mk9, but the game that got me really into the scene was injustice 1. From the dc characters, to supers and stages, injustice 1 got me hooked on fighting games and the overall competition. As someone who quit sports before high school, fighting games gave me a new path to be competitive while in high school (and now as an adult). By no means am I a pro, I'll admit it, I'm a scrub (online warrior, no in person tourneys), but my main reason for joining TYM was to connect with other players and to improve. With every game that comes out, IN1, mkx, IN2, I've been able to expand my fighting game knowledge further but not to where I currently want it to be. In the past year I've been playing a lot of sfv, and it's actually improved my play quite a bit. Not necessarily because sfv has "better fundamentals", but because I've been able to practice with my friends through cross play (I play on ps4, friends play pc). In the past year I've realized the best way for me to improve is to run sets and get my ass handed to me. Obviously knowing frame data, neutral ect is huge, but I think it's important to play those who have a higher skill than you to continue building fundamentals. Now that mk11 is around the corner I look forward to playing the game and improving further. Can't believe it took me this long to finally join TYM.

psn: SquidlyBillups

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
welcome , dude ! .... have fun (and patience) on your journey through TYM forums ! :D

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Welcome @SquidlyB ! Pardon our "growing" appearance... still working out some kinks.

I'm glad you finally joined up!