What's new

About Subzero(s)

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I thought so before, but now i'm sure of it.

The Subzero in game in MKX is Bi-Han, because:

1. The Subzero in the first comic is dressed like Kuai Lang circa MK3, and is given his signature scar, this time by Kano. The Subzero in the game does not have this big red scar over his eye.

2. Kano clearly caught this Subzero(Kuai) and has been confirmed to be working for Quan Chi. Quan Chi tells the Subzero(Bi-Han) in game "I have your brother's soul", putting two and two together one can figure out that Kano brought Kuai Liang to Quan Chi after capturing him and the Kamidogu.

3. The Subzero in game has a Lin Kuei medallion, the one in the comic doesn't and wouldn't unless he won the Lin Kuei back from Sektor. Turns out, a Subzero is totally doing that, and they're dressed almost the same as the one in game, who doesn't have the scar.

Last edited:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Ed Boon must be loving you guys pulling out your heads for these, oh well, only 3 months left to go. :rolleyes:

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Eh, the facts add up.

The only other answer at this point is that they bullshitted up a 3rd brother because fuck canon(as seen in MK9 with Quan Chi and Mileena).

Couldn't be another Lin Kuei Subzero, Sektor has clearly converted them into the Tekunin already as you can see in that preview.

Everything I posted was fact based and with evidence. Of course there is still room for leeway, but even if i'm kind of wrong there is no way i'm 100% wrong.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I think Kuai needs a rest(I was honestly hoping he'd stay a cyborg, as it was like having a new Subzero IMO).

Bi-Han was Noob Saibot longer than he was Subzero as far as the games(but not the canon) are concerned.

We barely know anything about him, besides the fact that he's a real hardass who doesn't care much for anyone but himself, unlike his brother. Mythologies gave us something, but not much.

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
It's possible Quan Chi could use Kuai Liang to control Smoke as well.

MK9 his whole story revolved around helping him in MKX I dont see that changing.

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
Yeah I thought the same. So the soulnado in MK9 probably purified Bi-Han, making him Sub-Zero again. Also, all the so far revealed dialogue between the characters (most noticeably with Scorpion) hint at him being Bi-Han as well, since this Sub is angry and kind of pissed, which is not really a characteristic Kuai Liang has, but Bi-Han does. In any case, I'm pretty sold on the idea of Sub being Bi-Han. :) Still would prefer Kuai though, I like the more heroic Sub.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
I really think it's just going to be a brand new Subzero, and the 3 variations could even be 3 different subzeros.
In this interview Boon literally says "there is a sea of Subzeros in the Lin Kuei"

TRMK: When we last saw Sub-Zero he was made a Cyber ninja at the end of MK9. Lots of fans are asking why he appears to be a human form again. Is this something you are willing to elaborate on at this time?
Ed Boon: Yeah, that's easy. The thing about Sub-Zero is that there have been many Sub-Zeroes over the years. So the Sub-Zero that you see can be anybody because the Lin Kuei has a sea of Sub-Zeroes. We do explain it in the story.

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
I really think it's just going to be a brand new Subzero, and the 3 variations could even be 3 different subzeros.
In this interview Boon literally says "there is a sea of Subzeros in the Lin Kuei"

TRMK: When we last saw Sub-Zero he was made a Cyber ninja at the end of MK9. Lots of fans are asking why he appears to be a human form again. Is this something you are willing to elaborate on at this time?
Ed Boon: Yeah, that's easy. The thing about Sub-Zero is that there have been many Sub-Zeroes over the years. So the Sub-Zero that you see can be anybody because the Lin Kuei has a sea of Sub-Zeroes. We do explain it in the story.
I really think Boon just said that to keep the suspense and excitement, he just doesn't want to reveal who it is yet and let us experience ourselves (or maybe in some hype video). I could be wrong of course, that's just my guess.

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
I still say it's a third Sub-Zero. I'm not reading the comics and all that other stuff. Makes sense to me from what we've seen/heard in the game and from interviews.

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
I'm going to be honest with you guys, of all things that have occurred in the series, a random third Sub-Zero would be the most absurd and ridiculous. I never liked the new Sub-Zero (the heroic pain in the ass one) so I gladly welcome the return of the original even at the expense of Noob Saibot. Bringing in someone else would be ridiculously tacky.

Whatever, I am Team Scorpion anyways.

trufenix

bye felicia
Did you not read his first and second points?
And if the scar heals (Raiden says it will) in 15 years then both points are moot. There is no "have your brother's soul" line. It was a misinterpretation by Kombat Tether. The only evidence of in game sub zero's identity is that he's grand master (a position previously held by Kuai) and the lines
"I grow tired of maintaining our innocence" : Bi Han would never say this to Scorpion
"your brother succumbed to me" : Noob succumbed willingly to Quan Chi, Kuai was stabbed in the face by Kano.

Bi Han said he was literally devoid of flaws as Noob, and he could give two shits about his brother. Why would he go back to being Johnny Lin Kuei?

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
The one in the game is clearly Bi Han. He says I tire of maintaining our innocence, which is a reference to the story of MK9 when Quan Chi transformed into him to kill Scorpion's clan. Also Bi Han is a better nemesis for Scorpion. They're both badass and ruthless. I hope it's him. And Noob Saibot can always return as only the shadow part. I doubt he'll be in MKX though.

LinKueiLegend

The true Grandmaster
As much as I think this is Bi-Han I wouldn't be surprised if this Sub Zero is a new person. I mean we look at the big details all the time. But what about something as simple as how he fights? His moves and the way he does his moves are different than any other Subby we've seen. One handed iceball. Throwing ice clones. Making much more than just a sword. Idk it could also just be the developers making him look badass haha. I think it matters though and if he is new I bet he will be stronger than Kuai and Bi-Han

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
Didnt Sir Ed mention that we are getting a "new Sub" or that there was a "new Sub" in MKX ?

I got a hunch (could be totolly wrong) that Takeda turns into the "New Sub" somehow...

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.

You mean that literal sea of nothing but robots? The Lin Kuei has been automated by this point, as shown in that comic panel.

Also the answer he gave to that question doesn't actually deconfirm it being either brother.