What's new

About Rousey's Vocal Performance...

Honestly guys she doesnt have a lot of range. It's a clear step down from past performances of Sonya. I really don't know what they were thinking.

That's just my opinion, watch the vid and decide for youself.

It's as of she's merely speaking lines and less like she's acting. Every other actor seems to be hitting much farther than she is. She sounds thoroughly outclassed here.
I agree it's terrible, but you can't say they don't know what they're thinking. Just mass media hype.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
I'm kinda holding out hope that they'll release a skin down the line that is voiced by someone else. Like Carl Weathers' Jax when Predator came out.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I'm indifferent to Rousey's voice acting. I don't think it's terrible, but it's not great. I also don't know how much of the performance has to do with the writing and directing.

However, if I could pick an actress for Sonya, I'd go with Keri Russell.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
It's difficult to judge Ronda's performance against trained actors, all of whom ACT their parts. The one thing I can say, that I've always said about Ronda, is that she sounds how I imagine Sonya would sound in real life. She sounds like a tough as fuck fighter - which is what she is, really.
She sounds like someone I'd let punch me in the face.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
She's not an actor, which is painfully obvious in everything she tries to act in. She was an average looking person and an average fighter in a weak division and laughed all the way to the bank.

Good for her, we all use what the gods gave us.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
She's not an actor, which is painfully obvious in everything she tries to act in. She was an average looking person and an average fighter in a weak division and laughed all the way to the bank.

Good for her, we all use what the gods gave us.
Honestly, it's a publicity/marketing stunt with the Rousey thing(as you and most can tell she's horrible at VA) As an amateur voice actor myself, this gives me faith I can one day get a pro gig(as long as I have luck and connections) WB and NRS asked her to be involved so she had it easy, most of these jobs you have to audition you can tell she didn't clearly lol.

Tricia approves this post !! :p

Damn, now THAT'S a hot Sonya lol. Her and Kerri mmmm. Great Sonya's and gorgeous in real life.