What's new

About Rousey's Vocal Performance...

Some lines are passable. I guess they picked a good character to do this with because Sonya's pretty spartan in the enthusiasm department to begin with.

I appreciate how she's helping to hype up the game, but alot of lines are pretty rough...

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
I don't really mind that Rousey is Sonya's VA, the thing is that Sonya's voice on MKX (don't know the name of the actress) fitted the character so well, I just hope it won't give the feeling of being a "different" character. That being said, I can forgive the fact that the voice acting is a bit lacking. Rousey wanted to voice Sonya so bad, if one day I'd have the opportunity to voice a MK character in my language, I'd do it without hesitation. And here a lot of people would say the same thing so... I can't blame her for taking the opportunity lol
Yeah you could tell she was genuinely stoked, just super excited about it when they were on stage.

I heard that Shang Tsung's face will be from Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa. That has me hyped.
I don't care about Sonya's voice. Her face needs to be changed, Dang Sonya ugly.

Thracian_Priest

The troll awakens...
Tricia Helfer gave a similar uninspired performance if we’re being honest.
I respectfully disagree.

Sonya sounded like a proper mix of tough, cranky, and serious (with a pinch of mom) in MKX.
Even more respectfully, I agree.

At least none made me cringe. All in all, Ronda did better than I expected
Same here.

it's annoying, but still better than having 4 guests.
We're not having 4 guests?! Not a safe bet, not a safe bet at all. We could be getting not 4, but 6 guests... *shudders*

JGillette

My thirst for knowledge cannot be quenched
Tbh i dont know anything about her acting skill but she kinda appears to have done a good job on voicing sonya

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
I think the term "performance" is giving a bit too much credit. I got nothing against Rhonda, and she seems to legitimately love MK, but damn, she's a much better fighter than voice actress.
She's not much of a promo either but I give her credit for trying.

VA complaints in the franchise that brought you such stellar lines as "gragggghaaannnannama" & "Johnny's in the car" & whatever the hell liu kang says. .
So far its too early to tell...its not omg bad though. but I have seen plenty of articles in mma, sports & , wwe circles about her being in it so the publicity part is for sure working.
maybe she was even cheaper then Tricia, she is a huge fan & could have done it for less just to be a part of it who knows
To this day I believe with 100% certainty that in mk9
Quan Chi yells "how do you know my name"
Kitana "skip to my loo"
Raiden "flying upside down"
So yeah.

Then there's the "bitches get stitches" line from Sonya and I'm like.... That's Cassie.... She already took her fucking flip kick. Stop taking her personality.

Last edited:

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
She's not much of a promo either but I give her credit for trying.

To this day I believe with 100% certainty that in mk9
Quan Chi yells "how do you know my name"
Kitana "skip to my loo"
Raiden "flying upside down"
So yeah.

Then there's the "bitches get stitches" line from Sonya and I'm like.... That's Cassie.... She already took her fucking flip kick. Stop taking her personality.
Maybe it’s actually an inside joke from the story. A phrase that Cassie says a sometimes, and eventually Sonya, trying to be the “hip” mom, starts awkwardly saying it after some comedic buildup of failures.

Alright I guess that’s a bit of a stretch.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Maybe it’s actually an inside joke from the story. A phrase that Cassie says a sometimes, and eventually Sonya, trying to be the “hip” mom, starts awkwardly saying it after some comedic buildup of failures.

It would make sense because my first thought when I heard it was 'wow that's not really motherly, Sonya.' I love headcanons, but yeah it is a bit of a stretch XD

Oh God, did they switch bodies like in Freaky Friday? Cassie's gonna be the serious one and Sonya's gonna be a giant douche.

Alec

Noob

I actually like Sonya, but that would literally be the cutest she has ever been on MK's entire history.
I kinda want "cute mom" Sonya now :oops:... well, we always have Johnny.

Whippoorwill

In my hater era
Sonya is now a mother yes, but motherly? Just not part of her. And you have to think that if anything, Cassie would get mannerisms from her parents, not the other way around. Anyway, I think she matured a bit through MKX so it's gonna be interesting to see her now.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
So listening to more of her lines ehh .Yeah honestly, and not hating on her here but I think she should stay in her lane career wise like the pro fighter told the nerds in the Science of Sub-Zero head shatter. lol. Her vocal performance leaves something to be desired for sure. But when WB and NRS invites you and says "hey wanna be in the next MK game?" Who in their right mind would say no?

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
From what I've seen so far she seems fine. The writing doesn't seem to do her any favors.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
I used to not be feeling it, but I kind of like it/it grew on me.

It was the: "partial....maybe full vasectomy" line that brought it home for me.

I'm not wow'd, but she gets the job done and I've fully warmed up to her.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Sadly I don't think they cared about the quality of the performance when they knew they could attach her name to the game. I do think she's pretty bad, the last two actresses who played Sonya did a much better job.
This.