What's new

Strategy - Jason Voorhees about Jason's input throws...

They can whiff over crouching opponents. Not sure how I feel about that. Tbh I know how I feel. I don't like it! Dang I thought he was going to be a grappler... Any thoughts on relentless and unstoppable? I'm trying to avoid using slasher because I know everyone will be using it.

Upon further study, I find that the faster throw is the one that whiffs so the more punishable throw can connect. Interesting.

Last edited:

Immortal Reaver

Team Sub-Zero
So what's the point of having two command grabs? DBF2 hits people even when they are crouching (maybe not when they are neutral crouching) but DBF1 doesn't. but they both hit standing. Trying to figure out why to use DBF1 over DBF2 in certain situations.

So what's the point of having two command grabs? DBF2 hits people even when they are crouching (maybe not when they are neutral crouching) but DBF1 doesn't. but they both hit standing. Trying to figure out why to use DBF1 over DBF2 in certain situations.
And better yet... They both throw behind. Commando kano has two command grabs, but they throw in different directions, so it gives you the opportunity to control where the opponent is on the stage. Jason, though, has two backward command grabs... And one hits high... I don't get it. Is it frame data that makes them different? I know they aren't the same damage.

UPR_Nova

Noob
Essentially the dbf1 is for punishing with baits. For example, I read that D'Vorah will reversal with her ovipositor rather than poke after I purposefully relinquish pressure. I can b1,2,2 then wait for the punish and immediately armor dbf1. Dbf2 will get beat out in this instance because it is slower. I know this isn't a great example but it will put you in the correct mind frame when thinking up how you can utilize each throw successfully.

zoofs

bless
having a command grab you can duck doesn't mean he isn't a grappler, they most likely put it in as a high so you can interrupt block strings into a tick throw

I honestly thought it was a matter of distance. dbf2 has a MUCH longer range than dbf1, able to grab from about the same distance that you start out the match in, while dbf1 is alot shorter but ALOT faster. So 2 would be better for footsies while 1 would be best for mixups because it comes out so quick.

Unless they duck. : (

D4G

Win At All Cost
Just found out B122 is completely Duckable as well. This is ass NRS, seriously. It's like Kano is the only one who gets to break the rules of being a crappy grappler.

DF1 is high and is used for combos as it does the most damage. That's it. You could try to use it as punishes but it gets stuffed often. DBF2 grabs mid and is slower but is a lot easier to into due to the extra startup