What's new

Strategy AAs (Anti-airs)

Psyken

GG XRD / MKX Player
What are some good ways to AA? I'm having a problem trying to D>2, I always get stuffed. I don't feel safe using D.B>1 either because I feel like I need to read the opponent before I attempt it.

Am I just scared about using the whip? Does she have a good anti-air I don't know about?

Answer:

Sultani "
Reading a jump and winning an air to air trade with pre emptive j1 works well. I've also found that jumping backwards and doing j2 works well depending on the spacing. Plus j2 has pretty decent range and allows for a pretty big air to air punish. If you don't pre emptively jump and use one of these, DB1 if the spacing is right.

Your other option which people seem to have forgotten about is D,D+3, 1 (cat stance, cartwheel kick). Works for closer jump in attempts and leads to a very good punish. You could also use F3 MB as others have said, or back dash and throw them when they land, or backdash and either B12D3 or F3 MB when they land for a decent mixup. Will make people think twice about empty jumping towawrds you or jumping at all to close space.

Catwoman has TONS of AA options. It's jsut that you need to use the right one in the right situation."

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
MB f+3 or if you guess they're going to jump preemptively jump yourself and air to air them with jump 1.

Psyken

GG XRD / MKX Player
MB F+3 moves her forward though doesn't it? I shouldn't "have" to MB for a AA either.. I know you're just providing an answer.. Just I get annoyed with "Just DP". lol

J1 is better than D.B>1.. Thanks!

Reading a jump and winning an air to air trade with pre emptive j1 works well. I've also found that jumping backwards and doing j2 works well depending on the spacing. Plus j2 has pretty decent range and allows for a pretty big air to air punish. If you don't pre emptively jump and use one of these, DB1 if the spacing is right.

Your other option which people seem to have forgotten about is D,D+3, 1 (cat stance, cartwheel kick). Works for closer jump in attempts and leads to a very good punish. You could also use F3 MB as others have said, or back dash and throw them when they land, or backdash and either B12D3 or F3 MB when they land for a decent mixup. Will make people think twice about empty jumping towawrds you or jumping at all to close space.

Catwoman has TONS of AA options. It's jsut that you need to use the right one in the right situation.

Psyken

GG XRD / MKX Player
Yo.. Godlike response. I love it! I'll test these out in training mode and go from there.. I did forget about D.D>3>1..

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
have you played any with Shazam or Flash? I'm trying to decide which of the three (shaz flash cat) is the highest pressure character

Flash most likely. All 3 are not really continious pressure characters like Cage though. They're all about landing their 50/50.