What's new

Guide - Kenjutsu Aaannndddd.. We're back! Kenjutsu living guide! (Updated March 2nd, 2016)

Lokheit

Noob
Didn't want to start a thread just to point this out but it seems like Kenjutsu's DB1 hit advantage is the same than pre-beta, for some reason they reverted it back apparently. I'll check with my unpatched PC game but I thin it's the old one instead of the beta one.

It seems to be easier now because D1 is 1 frame faster but if you try with s1 you will notice it's the same as it used to be.

At least now it's more consistent but you still drop stuff every now and then because it's still one of the tightest juggles in the game.

It still puzzles me why they insist on making this link so hard to connect, the launcher has a pretty bad damage scale and Kenjutsu is faaaaar from being a tournament machine of any kind so it's not like making this one easier to connect would make him a top tier monster, he would just be a bit more fun to play as.

Drey8

Noob

You can only link it after a JIP? Can you post a video of you attempting to do it? You might be mistiming it.
Yes only after a JIP because I guess it gives me more time to buffer the DB1. Not sure how to record or post videos on XB1. I think my problem is that i am unable to input the DB1 after B3 quick enough :/

Bleu231

Tohan playing shotgun
Yes only after a JIP because I guess it gives me more time to buffer the DB1. Not sure how to record or post videos on XB1. I think my problem is that i am unable to input the DB1 after B3 quick enough :/
In that case, you should try practicing the timing of B3xxDB1 using that video of mine that you quoted on your last post, I do all starters (including B3) on there. If you think that you're not inputing B3xxDB1 quick enough, then keep practicing until you get the timing right.

Drey8

Noob

In that case, you should try practicing the timing of B3xxDB1 using that video of mine that you quoted on your last post, I do all starters (including B3) on there. If you think that you're not inputing B3xxDB1 quick enough, then keep practicing until you get the timing right.
I figured it out. On Xbox1 pad B3, diagonal rather than down, then back 1 works for me