What's new

Question - Sub-Zero AA with sub

llabslb

R1D1_998
Neutral jump 3, it's up to if you wanna do an ice clone afterwards or you can stick with an uppercut.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Meter comes somewhat easy in this game. 1/3 for an amored AA20% run combo is decent. Be thankful you get to AA on reaction, most chars dont have that luxury!

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox
What is the go to AA other than burning a meter with ex ice bomb?
A well timed 1 or 1,1. It hits high and has a decent hit box. I've seen players like DJT catch people jumping crossup on him. I think you have enough time to freeze off 1,1. Also depending on your scenario a back dash is excellent. Sub-Zero has one of the best back dashes with speed, distance and don't forget there is some invincibility on it.

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
A well timed 1 or 1,1. It hits high and has a decent hit box. I've seen players like DJT catch people jumping crossup on him. I think you have enough time to freeze off 1,1. Also depending on your scenario a back dash is excellent. Sub-Zero has one of the best back dashes with speed, distance and don't forget there is some invincibility on it.
Jump-ins are a different problem than cross-overs. The hit-boxes on aerial attacks in general are kind of goofy to me. Because of that, you get some opportunities on cross-overs to land something like s1 or d1. But then set up your AI to JIP and try to beat it clean with s1. A lot of times, it's all you can do just to get a trade. I'm not convinced on back-dashes. The vast majority of the time I've tried to use the invincibility properties of back-dash, it doesn't seem to matter much. I end up getting caught on the tail end of an attack or from the following multiple hits of a move/string. Then you can't break.

I haven't worked on it, but the idea of running underneath a jump-in and whiff punishing might be the proper option. Although, even if it is, I can't see it being universal. Some characters like KL or KJ don't have to be as deep to initiate their JIP's, so maybe you get smacked for trying to run through. I don't know.

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox
Jump-ins are a different problem than cross-overs. The hit-boxes on aerial attacks in general are kind of goofy to me. Because of that, you get some opportunities on cross-overs to land something like s1 or d1. But then set up your AI to JIP and try to beat it clean with s1. A lot of times, it's all you can do just to get a trade. I'm not convinced on back-dashes. The vast majority of the time I've tried to use the invincibility properties of back-dash, it doesn't seem to matter much. I end up getting caught on the tail end of an attack or from the following multiple hits of a move/string. Then you can't break.

I haven't worked on it, but the idea of running underneath a jump-in and whiff punishing might be the proper option. Although, even if it is, I can't see it being universal. Some characters like KL or KJ don't have to be as deep to initiate their JIP's, so maybe you get smacked for trying to run through. I don't know.
Oh yeah I forgot running under. It actually works pretty well.
Run under NJP etc. Sliding under them can work too. It's fast and gets very low. Almost no recovery so you can turn around and run at the opponent.

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox
@crosshair271

Yeah, Slide is another idea. Not to punish, but just as a "get away from me" option. Is that your video?
Nah my youtube is Shindukess.

I was doing some general testing and you can react late with the standing 1/ 1,1. It works pretty decent. Standing 4 at a further distance works too. Uppercut feels the best though. If you're fast enough a counter FJP or FJK works since they want to press FJP late to get the combo. Although Kung Lao is a noteworthy issue with that so you just have to adjust for him.

Last edited:

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Kotal Kahn jip, omg. Every time he jumps in I feel like I'm living in Hiroshima, watching the bomb drop.