What's new

Tech - Hollywood AA NutPunch massive advantage (?)

Poto2222

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015.
First of all, sorry if this is old news, but I haven't seen anyone discussing this in other threads.

Every time your opponent tries to do a crossup JIP, you can AA him with a NutPunch. The thing is, when this happens, Cassie is at a HUGE advantage, something close to +20 or even more. I'm not sure if it's a glitch or something, but it's AMAZING.

Here's a video showing the advantage after connecting the AA Nut Punch:

Thoughts?

Fergus

Like Father, Like Daughter
That is pretty interesting, wonder what's the cause of that. Sounds like a bug.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
That is pretty interesting, wonder what's the cause of that. Sounds like a bug.
Nope, not a bug. You're essentially hitting them with a meaty nutpunch, therefore you recover quicker giving you more frame advantage. At least that's what I got from it.

Fergus

Like Father, Like Daughter
It's a hitgrab though. I dunno if it applies that much, at least not from +3 to +20 onwards.

Idk, NRS thing I guess xd

piemaster

mortal hater
My guess would be that Sub Zero doesn't start recovering from the nut punch until he hits the ground. While Cassie recovers at her normal time. Which would be giving you more advantage. Not sure tho

N-Zalo

Noob
My guess would be that Sub Zero doesn't start recovering from the nut punch until he hits the ground. While Cassie recovers at her normal time. Which would be giving you more advantage. Not sure tho
That's nothing new in MK, restanding moves sometimes depend on the height at wich the character is intercepted with the string/special. Skarlet players from MK9 should remember that her restanding 1,1,2 frame advantage depended on how far from the ground was the opponent when the string hit.