What's new

A silent TYM theme announcement, introducing "TYM Portals"

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Find me high-res MK11 backgrounds and we can make it happen. I want the one from the MK11 title screen..
Someone posted it along the MKX background in another thread. Maybe it wasn't hi-res enough?

I have it here:

Edit: For some reason it keeps telling me there's been an error when I try to upload it. D:

Last edited:

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Premium Supporter
Looks neat, though I still prefer the default dark theme. Any word on when the issues with the status updates will be fixed? And is that update for pro members not seeing ads only for that portals theme?

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Okay yes. YES. YES!! I'll take that. Yes sir. I love that theme. THAT is what you call a sick looking website. Love it.

I'd like it if I didn't have to scroll to the bottom of the page to see all status updates though! :p

EDIT: Turning off sticky sidebar makes it pretty good. I don't often have to use the status updates at the bottom of a page or whatever, I don't mind scrolling up for it. I just mind scrolling down for it y'know haha.

Last edited:

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
I'm testing it out and it looks more like classic TYM. Looks cool.

Above all I'm really glad this doesn't have the double bars on top of the page which was triggering me in the default theme (I hope you'd fix that.)

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Premium Supporter
Love the silence man, you should totally retitle (ASMR silent new TYM vid) :) I find this quite relaxing dude. Thanks for the update.

Three things:
  1. Awesome job on the upgrade.
  2. Will other themes have the live updates at the bottom like this portal theme?
  3. This theme automatically gets the mobile version if on mobile right? As in you don't have to go into preferences etc?

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up
Royal Contributor

A few things to note also:
*TYM Pro (Dark) will remain optional and will be fixed.
*Premium Members and Royal Contributors NO LONGER view ads effective today
*The mobile version of this theme is also very nice. I was testing it out today.

BTW this is a "silent" video as don't have a completely quiet house today and I didn't want to wait longer to release this. Have fun and enjoy.
You have successfully made this forum my favorite place to hang out. Well done! I'm even more motivated than before to grow with the community in the upcoming game.

LawAbidingCitizen

MD| Soberless (Cyrax Loyalist)
Love the green reply bar and the grey is my color. Aren't we all a little grey inside? Portals is my new theme for sure

That's it on mobile. BTW I think it's going faster for me now?

Last edited:

GLoRToR

You're my fan if you can't stop shitposting me.
@STORMS The only issue I have is that the background image gets grainy as you scroll down. Any chance we could make it optional and have a pure black background to choose from as well?
EDIT: nvm found it

Great work here.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Looks really good. It does gets a little jittery when you scroll up and hit the top of the screen.

The site is starting to come together, all we need now is easy and intuitive access to the character sub forums.

LawAbidingCitizen

MD| Soberless (Cyrax Loyalist)
Looks really good. It does gets a little jittery when you scroll up and hit the top of the screen.

The site is starting to come together, all we need now is easy and intuitive access to the character sub forums.
We do have easy access through menus, what I do is search to find older threads. Keyword MK9/MKX > Mileena ect.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
We do have easy access through menus, what I do is search to find older threads. Keyword MK9/MKX > Mileena ect.
You shouldn't have to do that though, and it doesn't matter if you can find it, you've been on TYM since 2016 so you know how things should work. We want the user experience for people new to the site/community to be good and intuitive - right now the sub forums are a bit buried and are hard to find unless you know exactly what you should be looking for. We should just have a button in the forums drop down menu that goes straight to this screen - would probably good to have a similar button for injustice as well.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
right now the sub forums are a bit buried and are hard to find unless you know exactly what you should be looking for. We should just have a button in the forums drop down menu that goes straight to this screen - would probably good to have a similar button for injustice as well.
Couldn't agree more. After this recent update the site is near perfect imo. The only change I think that is truly necessary is an easier/immediate access link to character sub forums by clicking the "Forums" tab. In its current form, it is an extra step for regular members like us, but may not be user friendly for the new members we will be receiving post-release.

STORMS

Owner / Director
Administrator
You shouldn't have to do that though, and it doesn't matter if you can find it, you've been on TYM since 2016 so you know how things should work. We want the user experience for people new to the site/community to be good and intuitive - right now the sub forums are a bit buried and are hard to find unless you know exactly what you should be looking for. We should just have a button in the forums drop down menu that goes straight to this screen - would probably good to have a similar button for injustice as well.
Working on this. FYI.