What's new

A Quick Reminder About 3rd Variations by Ed Boon

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
This is really exciting. Can't wait for everything to be shaken up with the new variations. I wonder if they will be using online data to build them from looking at what people are using in game?

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
This is really exciting. Can't wait for everything to be shaken up with the new variations. I wonder if they will be using online data to build them from looking at what people are using in game?
My question is whether the new variations will come with a balance patch that affects the newly tournament legal moves? As it is now, there's some REALLY bad and REALLY good moves not available except in customs right now.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
yeah some of the customs are just broken!! haha... I think we can be sure that some of the crazy stuff like Kotals Regen Build is not going to show up : )

If they really want people to stop talking about customs, then what they can easily do is centralize characters by giving each character 8 specials moves with no more of this variation BS and call it a fucking day.

On top of that, announce it soon. Don't fiddle around.
So in other words, make a different game.
This will surely happen.

yeah some of the customs are just broken!! haha... I think we can be sure that some of the crazy stuff like Kotals Regen Build is not going to show up : )
I haven't seen anything in customs that is obviously broken. So many people just assume that customs will be broken but there's no way to know until the community as a whole sits down and labs these moves as well as tests them in ranked/tournament settings. A lot players haven't even touched the custom moves. Especially most of the serious players.

I've seen so many knee-jerk reactions to characters and moves in fighting games. So many times people assume something or some character will broken based on initial information but once people start playing matches they realize the characters aren't as good as they thought. I still remember people thinking Swamp Thing was going to S-tier based on his trait stopping people from jumping.

I think you could make that regen build legal and Kotal would still be mid-tier at best because, as a base character, he is missing so much of what is needed to be successful in MK11.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
1. MK11 had the worst viewer numbers out of all the main Evo games. Casuals (the biggest mk percentage group) doesn't want to watch handcuffed kombat with flash card combo system. Samurai Shodown had more evo reps, more crossover and more viewers with a top 8 filled with Genjuro.

2. Player crossover started off great, but has regressed since everything they advertised ended up being a lie. Where are the rest of the ninjas? Joker was more important i guess.

3. Most Characters currently after the patch still have useless variations, broken hitboxes, useless krushing blows, etc.

4. No matter how many variations are added, it still won't allow every player to play how they want. Something WILL be missing in a variation chosen.

5. A game that was said to be redesigned to be about the neutral game, but has these dumb mechanics like Fatal Blow, krushing blows on grabs and chip-kill with teched grabs, normal attacks and DOT is the total opposite of skill/real neutral.

Mk11 is masquerading as a legit fighting game currently.
People always try to act like the specific reasons they don't like the game is the reason that people don't watch NRS tournaments as much as other games. It was the balance before, but apparently that doesn't matter, casuals just want combos! Then it was it too much patching. Now the game's just not "a legit fighting game currently". I mean shit we could talk about the 1500 people who signed up to play this game but why not just be negative instead!

Just a long winded version of "Does anyone else think this game sucks?" that you see on every game forum

cavemold

BIG D POLE .
People always try to act like the reasons they don't like the game is the reason that people don't watch NRS tournaments as much as other games. It was the balance before, but apparently that doesn't matter, casuals just want combos! Then it was it too much patching. Now the game's just not "a legit fighting game currently".

Just a long winded version of "Does anyone else think this game sucks?" that you see on every game forum
QFT