What's new

General/Other - Smoke A Quick Analysis of Smoke

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Maybe they need another session of spamming to give us a good showing
and and alot of others told derek he was incompetent at using characters.. that we needed someone who didn't yolo all round and drop combos... i wasn't a complete dick.. said i like him as a person and he is great for the kast.. but asked him to please let someone better play Smoke.

they better show him next time.

IDYLEHANDZ

Slave to burgers
Triborg is awesome looking, but the smoke variation is the best looking (appearance wise) imo. Tri seems to make up for Pleatherface.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Theres enough time to go invisible?
the smoke bomb string is special cancelable, so if you go into ex invisible or just invisible, you're actually plus enough to sneak a invisible Oh starter or invisible low starter in the process.

As i said before, smoke combos will end up with harpoon being canceled into SB string so he can sneak a 50-50 or an invisible 50-50

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
the smoke bomb string is special cancelable, so if you go into ex invisible or just invisible, you're actually plus enough to sneak a invisible Oh starter or invisible low starter in the process.

As i said before, smoke combos will end up with harpoon being canceled into SB string so he can sneak a 50-50 or an invisible 50-50

We don't know this yet, but I'm hoping it will be the case

nugava

Noob
Low/oh starter combo into restand then invisibility then 50/50
Why do you need invisibility if you have a 50/50 ? Since the definition of a 50/50 is that's unseeable ?

(Well, if it's to extend a blockstring into EX invicibility and have frames to sneak up a 50/50, like someone said, then it's useful...)

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Why do you need invisibility if you have a 50/50 ? Since the definition of a 50/50 is that's unseeable ?

(Well, if it's to extend a blockstring into EX invicibility and have frames to sneak up a 50/50, like someone said, then it's useful...)
You can't read them if they are invisible and they can wait to see which way you'll block. Like if there's a + on block string, or any quick 2 hit string, he can do that into a 50/50 seeing where you blocked. If they decide to knock you down you can't see so you have to take risks. Etc. Plenty of uses.

nugava

Noob
Yeap, but people talked about doing invisibility after spear reset... That serves no purpose... Maybe build meter... I imagine some kind of Raidenesque resets with the spear... Like you do spear and a string ++++ on hit and then you have your vortex... (I mean, I am a Raiden player so, I end my corner combos with b14 fireball cancels 21 (That leaves them standing and I am at +21 frames, so I have my 13 frames low/overhead corner vortex)... That would be fun if the smoke string is enough + on hit to get your standing resets after the spear...

and and alot of others told derek he was incompetent at using characters.. that we needed someone who didn't yolo all round and drop combos... i wasn't a complete dick.. said i like him as a person and he is great for the kast.. but asked him to please let someone better play Smoke.

they better show him next time.
They dont need to show him , Why cant you just wait for him yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.