What's new

A Petition for Cary - Hiroyuki Tagawa to be the Shang Tsung of MK11

leoj89

Noob
Dude WB and NRS do not care and it takes several thousands of dollars to make a character. Give it up jeez.

He already is the face of Shang Tsung in MK11. No need for a petition. Look closely at the d'vorah reveal video. You can see his face in the background

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
At the Kombat Kast they said they have a dedicated petition room and take them veeeeery serious so there is a chance. :DOGE

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
look at the d'vorah reveal video. Before Ed boon mentions D'vorah you can see a character in background who looks a lot like Cary Tagawa
Are u talking about the guy in the background getting stabbed in the face? I thought that he looked a bit Kung Lao-ish

Are u talking about the guy in the background getting stabbed in the face? I thought that he looked a bit Kung Lao-ish
Yeah he looks a lot like Tagawa to me. But Sassolino made a good point about it being a shot taken at the reveal. So maybe it was maskless Scorpion. But i still have faith he will be the face of Shang Tsung in MK11

stokedAF

casual kahnage
I guess you didn’t catch the kombastkast where they basically mocked your petitions lol.

Don’t get me wrong, I think it’s a great idea. To me he IS the real life Shang. Petitions are useless though, especially with a game developer. There is actually an NRS employee here so this thread probably has more of an impact than some random online petition. I’m sure he likes movie Shang as well.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Whether he will be the face of Shang in MK11 or not, was decided long ago (like the roster of the game), so petitions make no sense. Stop and don't waste your time.

Last edited:
I mean I heard Tyler on stream, but ,honestly, can you even compare the silliness of asking for Shaggy with something iconic like that.
The fact that the idea as stupid as that was at least mentioned on stream because of the petition shows that it did make some impact.
So a worthy idea maybe has a better shot. Some people here were going on and on about Shaggy and it got less negativity than this.
But anyway I did it just for fun. People speculate here left and right about the not yet existing gameplay of the yet to be revealed characters ( or never to be revealed ones). That is my way of speculating about a concept of a character and seeing how many people find it appealing.

I also get that the game is probably finished for the most part, it is just a cool idea that deserves some attention (definitely more then the inclusion of Shaggy). And there is always a chance for a future DLC skin or even the next game.

Despite all that negativity my petition is officially Hollywood status being retweeted by Cary Tagawa himself, and now being mentioned in Dynasty's YouTube video)))))

I mean if anything if this thing got a lot of votes, it would at least show how many of us fans are out there appreciating Tagawa as an actor and his role as Shang in our favorite franchise.