A new NRS game that ISN'T a fighting game?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Blade4693, Dec 4, 2017.

?

Would you like to see NRS make an adventure game?

1. Yes

24 vote(s)
    31.6%
  2. No

30 vote(s)
    39.5%
  3. Maybe

9 vote(s)
    11.8%
  4. Bring back Tobias

13 vote(s)
    17.1%
  1. Blade4693

Blade4693 ....

Remember playing through Shujinko's journey during MK Deception's Konquest mode? I have a ton of nostalgia for that mode in particular. Shaolin Monks was cool too but I didn't like it as much for whatever reason but it was still fun.

Do you think NRS will ever make a game similar to those?

I just think about what a current game like that would look like with WB's money behind it. Can you imagine exploring the realms with current gen graphics and WB's budget? It would be amazing!

They can make it over the top action like God Of War or even go the Dark Souls route and slow it down and make it tougher I don't care but I would pay top dollar for another game where I get to explore the realms 3rd person again. It would be a great way too dive deeper into the lore of everything and not only expand the MK universe but the MK brand as well.

DownfouralitY, Jelan and Marinjuana like this.
  2. Slymind

Slymind Noob

I would like to see them try other styles, preferably an original universe/franchise outside of MK or DC, they have the talent, however, they are a studio, so i believe their next project will be what their next employer will require of them.

3. JBeezYBabY

JBeezYBabY Mr. Righteous

Ummm they tried this already...and it bombed lol

HASHTAG/SpecialForces

Blade4693 likes this.
  4. Blade4693

Blade4693 ....

That was kind of a special case though lol IIRC the brains (Homeboy Tobias!) and others left during production and it was rushed out to become the turd we know today lol

We got WarnerBros money now boys! Look up some Darksouls or Bloodborne screenshots then imagine that, but in Outworld or the Netherrealm!

Boon please!!! I need it!

TamedLizard and TopTierBarry like this.
  5. TopTierBarry

TopTierBarry Top tier player. Free'd up Knicks live on TYM
    Premium Supporter

its a massive struggle that goes for years after release just to help them get their fighting games working and in a decent state, and they've been making them for 25 years. Let's not push these guys for too much now

South, Blade4693 and JBeezYBabY like this.
  6. JBeezYBabY

JBeezYBabY Mr. Righteous

Hell, they still don't even have Injustice right lol.

7. Blade4693

Blade4693 ....

Lmao that is a fair point.

I won't give up hope though!

DubiousShenron likes this.
  8. Slymind

Slymind Noob

Shaolin Monks was their last non-fighting game(i think), and people love that game(seriously i only hear good things about it). Their games works very much fine from day one, and if it wasn't the case, it wouldn't have the reception they have, on both critics and public alike. If you are talking balance, that's another situation altogether, and that's something that fighting games overall will forever struggle with, and that discussion is linked to the pro-scene as well which is a small fragment of the overall public.

The_Tile, Parasurama, Jelan and 3 others like this.
  9. Baconlord

Baconlord HOLD THESE BEAMS SON

The more likely senerio is that they out source mk and let some other company make it. And i would pay good fucking money for a shalon monks sequel made by platinum games.

10. TrulyAmiracle

TrulyAmiracle Bane bombs & Vine drills & Stardust
    Premium Supporter

2B and MGR Raiden DLC guest characters.

Legit tho I was playing Shaolin Monks this summer with the Misses and we were having a blast.
    The gameplay still holds up to an extent but man it did not age well in the look department.
    It's still amazing though and definitely a game any MK fan should play through, especially if you have someone to play coop with coz that's when the game truly shines.

The_Tile, TamedLizard and Blade4693 like this.
  11. Blitzace10

Blitzace10 The Aquatic Ace

PSN:
    Blitzace10
    Steam:
    Blitzace10
    I always think if you do something so well, why do anything else?

12. Eldriken

Eldriken Apokoliptian Overlord
    Forum General

PSN:
    Eldriken
    Y'all aren't trying to factor NRS' balance history into whether they could make a good game that isn't a fighting game, are you?

I mean, if you're criticizing them for something else like games full of bugs, glitches, etc, what game(s) have you been playing?

NRS have made good quality games (balance is a non factor here) since they started. I see no reason why they'd be unable to make a good game of another genre.

I'd love to see them take the leap and make a game like Bayonetta, Ninja Gaiden, Devil May Cry, etc. I think they could do a great job.

Nexallus, The_Tile, Darth Mao and 4 others like this.
  13. foxof42

foxof42 Thanksgiving corner game, going ham and stuffing

I NEVER preorder... But I'd hella preorder that. If PlatinumGames ever partnered with NRS, holy Batman, I'd pee a little.

Eldriken likes this.
  14. Vengeance135

Vengeance135 Saltiest Joker Player

It would be the most unbalanced RPG of all time.

HellblazerHawkman, foxof42 and South like this.
  15. Playing a game with only guest characters would be tight.

16. Jhonnykiller45

Jhonnykiller45 Shirai Ryu

PSN:
    Jhonnykiller45
    Steam:
    JK45
    Because single player games are known for being balanced...?

Eldriken and Slymind like this.
  17. Superman Rz

Superman Rz Superman is fair.

I could see WB doing a MK game thats not a fighter but not made by NRS

18. Mikemetroid

Mikemetroid MK Mythologies: Injustice 2
    Moderator Premium Supporter

MK will always be a better adventure game than a fighting game lol

19. Dankster Morgan

Dankster Morgan Don't let your memes be dreams

Give Rocksteady or Monolith (Batman: Arkham / Shadow of Mordor) the MK lisence for an adventure game, both of those are also WB studios.

20. GLoRToR

GLoRToR Glorthrog the All-Seeing

World of Mortal Kombat mmo with fatalities and shit. Shaolin Monks on a 2020 level? Sure thing.

The_Tile, Eldriken and Blade4693 like this.
  21. foxof42

foxof42 Thanksgiving corner game, going ham and stuffing

Stobbit, you, you're making way too much sense. Tbh though, if either took over that kind of project, I don't see how it wouldn't turn into a "Scorpion's Creed: Revengeanance" semi open world psuedo stealth sort of schlock.

...not to say I wouldn't still play the crap out of it.

Eldriken and Dankster Morgan like this.
  22. THTB

THTB #IDoMachines

XBL:
    x THTB x
    Shaolin Monks literally exists and y'all go "They can barely make fighting games right!"

[​IMG]

23. Bad execution a bad idea does not make. Even Nintendo who makes adventure games all the time has some flops. Give Boon and co a second chance, they might surprise us. Wasn't Shalon Monks also an adventure games? I hear people praise it on TYM alot and wishing for a second one.

24. Marinjuana

Marinjuana Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes

I wouldn't mind seeing them try their hands at a 3D Fighter either.

Also, some people just like propagating old and outdated memes with NRS. You still hear people say they are horrible at balancing, that they "kill characters" with nerfs, that they always release broken DLC and complain that the females faces are shite when non of that is true at this point.

I have the upmost faith that NRS could produce fantastic games in many different genres.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
    Blade4693 likes this.
  25. Darth Mao

Darth Mao Prophet of Rage, Booyah Militia Commander

Shaolin Monks 2 please!

MKF30 and Blade4693 like this.