What's new

General/Other A Message to ANYONE That Thinks I Did The Shake Glitch Purposely...

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
So apparently i got pseudo-blown up last night on the Woolay show for using resets and doing a glitch. The resets i could care less about, but it's the second thing that bothers me. Unfortunately, i wasn't able to watch the stream so i couldn't defend myself so i do need to do it now.

I have people popping off when they don't even understand the glitch...

You need to dash cancel the shake the very MOMENT your opponent makes contact with you. Besides that, the Shake takes 28 frames to cancel, so there is no WAY i could have done this purposely...

Someone unnamed said, "When you do an Ex Shake, you have absolutely no reason to cancel it other than a down 4 or something of the sort" The glitch initiates by me cancelling it and doing ANY normal. Any since button. Re-watch the footage here at 8:29 That is EXACTLY what i tried to do.

You can see REO stops, dashes back, stands there for a moment, then most likely gets an input bug standing 3.

Seriously? Why and how would i be able to read his fail? Why would i even attempt this glitch that requires minimum 28 frame gap during Kabal pressure where you have under 12 frames? Do you honestly think i could react to a 17 frame normal, and dash cancel to it? How would i have known he was going to do a standing 3 of all things? He didn't do one that whole match; if anything it would have been a F3 and i would have been 5 frames too late. I can't time it during a, "barrage of Kabal pressure" because there isn't even a big enough frame gap to do so.

Listen, I'm not trying to put anyone on blast here, but there is NO WAY you could purposely do this glitch during Kabal pressure. The only reason this happened is because he dashed back and i thought he was going to poke so i tried to do a dash-back D3 to beat his. (@REO may very well have been trying to do a poke as i said, it may have been an input bug that got him the standing 3, but you'd have to ask him) and that is exactly how the glitch initiates.

After doing the glitch, i even paused for about 1-2 seconds, not realizing wtf just happened. I even apologized during and after our fight...

There is just no way i could have done that on purpose, even if i did it didn't change the outcome of the set, REO beat me fair and square. Why are people making such a big deal out of something that was accidental, and i don't even have a chance to defend myself.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I wouldn't worry about the trolls.. It was a fantastic performance, and we all believed you the first time :)

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Hey man. Don't even worry about it dude. You did your thing out there man and surprised a lot of people. People are always gonna find a way to make someone else look bad, but the way I see it, if you are hating on someone, then you are clearly jealous of something they have that you don't have.

You took REo to the limit. Not a lot of people can do that. Therefore, they are gonna hate on your performance.

At the end of the day, fuck what people think about you bro. What's done is done, and you are definitely a top player worldwide. If people wanna talk shit, let em, they are just making you even more famous man.

Lol..talking shit about a 15 year old. That's damn shame.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Who cares what everyone else thought man, Even if there was a way to do it on purpose, if its not officially banned in tourny, which I have not seen in any official tourny rules, then really anything is fair game.

Haters gonna hate xSmokex man, thats the way some people are in this community.

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
If anyone assumes you did it on purpose, it's because this glitch has never been done in an offline tourney before, you were the one to reveal it in the first place, and you sort of attempted to reset him after doing it.

But don't pay attention to what other people say. If you say you didn't do it on purpose, then there's no reason to believe otherwise. I mean, why deny doing something that requires gdlk execution on purpose? No reason to.

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
If anyone assumes you did it on purpose, it's because this glitch has never been done in an offline tourney before, you were the one to reveal it in the first place, and you sort of attempted to reset him after doing it.

But don't pay attention to what other people say. If you say you didn't do it on purpose, then there's no reason to believe otherwise. I mean, why deny doing something that requires gdlk execution on purpose? No reason to.
I understand that 100%. If i heard it i would think the same thing to be completely honest. But dude if you even watched the footage you could see... it was so slow and messed up, neither of us understood wtf was happening. He did break the combo i got afterwards.

I do give 100% props to REO for being such a good sport and competitor in the first place, he could have easily just have complained and had a re-played set. So i thank him for that.

Breaker

~AKUMA~
I don't think anyone in Toryuken had anything to say because our jaws were dropped for as long as Kabal was frozen. I agree with Jimmypotato 100%. Keep leveling up and build a mental shield against these trolls. As you get more recognition they tend to increase more. You are easily the best anyone has ever seen from Canada and arguably the best Smoke on the scene.

So apparently i got pseudo-blown up last night on the Woolay show for using resets and doing a glitch. The resets i could care less about, but it's the second thing that bothers me. Unfortunately, i wasn't able to watch the stream so i couldn't defend myself so i do need to do it now.

I have people popping off when they don't even understand the glitch...

You need to dash cancel the shake the very MOMENT your opponent makes contact with you. Besides that, the Shake takes 28 frames to cancel, so there is no WAY i could have done this purposely...

Someone unnamed said, "When you do an Ex Shake, you have absolutely no reason to cancel it other than a down 4 or something of the sort" The glitch initiates by me cancelling it and doing ANY normal. Any since button. Re-watch the footage here at 8:29 That is EXACTLY what i tried to do.

You can see REO stops, dashes back, stands there for a moment, then most likely gets an input bug standing 3.

Seriously? Why and how would i be able to read his fail? Why would i even attempt this glitch that requires minimum 28 frame gap during Kabal pressure where you have under 12 frames? Do you honestly think i could react to a 17 frame normal, and dash cancel to it? How would i have known he was going to do a standing 3 of all things? He didn't do one that whole match; if anything it would have been a F3 and i would have been 5 frames too late. I can't time it during a, "barrage of Kabal pressure" because there isn't even a big enough frame gap to do so.

Listen, I'm not trying to put anyone on blast here, but there is NO WAY you could purposely do this glitch during Kabal pressure. The only reason this happened is because he dashed back and i thought he was going to poke so i tried to do a dash-back D3 to beat his. (@REO may very well have been trying to do a poke as i said, it may have been an input bug that got him the standing 3, but you'd have to ask him) and that is exactly how the glitch initiates.

After doing the glitch, i even paused for about 1-2 seconds, not realizing wtf just happened. I even apologized during and after our fight...

There is just no way i could have done that on purpose, even if i did it didn't change the outcome of the set, REO beat me fair and square. Why are people making such a big deal out of something that was accidental, and i don't even have a chance to defend myself.
No worries bro. I was confused when they said "he did the glitch but there going to play through it." As if u purposefully glitched Reo. Ive nvr seen it before but theres no way in tournament, in the moment anyone could do it on purpose. Don't sweat it man.

Sent from my LG-US670 using Tapatalk 2

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I just watched that entire match again...

even though I KNEW what was gonna happen, it was still ridiculously hype! Good shit Smoke.

Kayamek

On a break
I'm rewatching the woolay show and two things the ONLY person that complained about you doing reset was a salty cyrax player that when he does resets with a lower tiered everyone boo him and when you did with a great charater everyone praised your resets and execution. In short it was just character salt.
They in the end concluded it was an accident and they even said you were such a nice guy with everyone while playing casuals that you couldn't have done it on purpose curbo even stepped up in your defense

DarKNaTaS

Retired!
xSMoKEx fuck that shit if it was me i would have done the damn glitch and let kabal stay in the air till the round was over. its not banned so fuck it let it rock just like all the damn resets in the game.

SZSR

Noob
why is it a big deal if smoke did it on purpose or not?? is it a banned thing??????
No, it's not banned universally. I heard last night though on the Woolay show that ECT4 will have the glitch banned, the TO's will handle the details but apparently you lose a round if you do the glitch during a match. (I don't personally agree with it, but oh well).

Also Smoke, screw the haters. You won each match fair and square, you proved there how Smoke could and should fight Kabal. Not many people can say they went 2-2 with the #2 player in the US, especially in one of Smoke's purported bad matchups, jealous people try to bring you down by making mountains out of molehills.

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
I'm rewatching the woolay show and two things the ONLY person that complained about you doing reset was a salty cyrax player that when he does resets with a lower tiered everyone boo him and when you did with a great charater everyone praised your resets and execution. In short it was just character salt.
They in the end concluded it was an accident and they even said you were such a nice guy with everyone while playing casuals that you couldn't have done it on purpose curbo even stepped up in your defense
No no no, you're misunderstanding me. This was not a shot at the guys on the Woolay Show, i met some of them and they were very nice people. It was just i heard about it there and i didn't want people to get the wrong idea.

This was not to blow them up, it was just to explain exactly what happened and why so that people understand exactly what happened. If they took offense to this i am sorry, but that was not the point of this thread.

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
says who i dont see that anywhere and it wasnt in the rules at ufgt8
Well I don't know the rules at UFGT but I've heard countless times that it's banned not to mention listen to the conversation after he did the glitch, not to mention I remember watching the stream and they were justifying why he did the glitch saying things like "It's his first tournament and he probably doesn't know it's banned."