What's new

Tech - Lackey A little bit of corner dirt by Doombawkz

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Ok so this is nothing particularly special, but I feel like it could help us level up our corner games.

As you can see, in the first combo Sub-zero lands in front of us. This seems like the standard situation, and thanks to the gravity system the last Torryuken gives us a fast-stand which is always handy.

The interesting part is the second combo, where sub-zero ends up behind us also in a fast-stand state. Depending on when you do the uppercuts, you can force the opponent to one side or the other with minimal time to react if they aren't prepared.

These are just two short videos showing set-ups you might possibly do into it from something like a f.3 opener at the beginning of a match. I'm not insisting its this flow-chart, nor is this a full-proof idea. Rather, this is just to show the potential, with a few gaps inbetween the parts of the set-up to show the ranges of our b.2 and f.2 options out of the same starter (which is also a fast-stand). This also shows the possible follow-up on unsuspecting opponents who aren't prepared for the fast stand, or mess up their inputs due to the reversed directions.

This is sadly only available in this form in the Lackey variation, but I hope you enjoyed this example and take something from it to either improve your game, or improve this tech for the future.