What's new

a couple of random questions

yea so i have a couple of random questions about some combos and so on and so forth...

ermac:
whats his easiest 50% + combo of a normal popup?
i do pop up, jk, tele, tks, hp, hp, projectile (don't know the name)

who are the easiest characters to relaunch?
i think i have my timing down pretty good with classic sub with relaunching, so im just wondering who are the characters that its realistic for me to consistently relaunch.

Stryker:
trying to do his cross screen but when i do the pop up, riot gun, run in, then get to the high punches, after the high punches i can't get the riot gun to come out.... so what am i doing wrong?

any help on any one of these questions would be greatly appreciated!

Kaiba

Noob
Ermac- TKS, aaHP,HP, JK, TP, TKS, aaHP, HP, fireball

Robots and Sheeva are "easiest" to do but its harder to get them unblocked.

Stryker- After the gun, you do a wiff dash, don't run in. And try doing aaHP, pause, aaHP, then gun. The gun has a time limit in between reps.

Houzi

Noob
I thought with stryker you had to GC or something. Like "wiff dash" in and then aaHP, HK(gc), aaHP, then riot gun?? I may be wrong but it works for me. haha

With ermac it's almost as easy to do a jump kick. You should be able to get three hps on most characters (aahphp, cancel, hp, jk/fireball).

Add nightwolf and kung lao to the relaunch list.

With Stryker cancel the two high punches every time it is possible, then gun as fast as you can. If you can't cancel the two punches (like on robots, nightwolf, sheeva, sindel, sonya, kang, lao, tsung) do the hps as fast as you can, wait until they are at a reasonable level, and do the gun again. Basically, if the game allowed you to do the gun immediately after the two hps then the character would keep going up. This almost never is possible, so wait until they fall to the initial level they were at before you hp'd them and then do the gun again.

Use the same strategy you apply with the nightwolf three axe combos. With him you press down, hold forward (to walk forward just a bit) and then press lp to get the third axe to hit. When you initially pop a character up I would advise to press back, walk forward a bit, then press hp. It makes the combo a lot easier.

Long story short - wait a little bit longer.

I have a question also, with stryker's corner inf is it possible to just walk in and hp twice then gun and repeat instead of jk hp gun?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I have a question also, with stryker's corner inf is it possible to just walk in and hp twice then gun and repeat instead of jk hp gun?

No. The first HP would push you out.

The reason you do a Jump Kick, then HP, is to let the two or so seconds pass where the Gun is disabled after use. If you just tried to walk in and HP then Gun, it wouldn't come out.

yeah, fuck robots and sheeva. they're hard to hit w/ ermac, i'd rather do a basic combo into a relauncher on them because they're hard to TP on...

you have to dumb down combos on sheeva, and with robots...you gotta walk in before the JK TP or it will NEVER hit. maybe one in 6

With ermac it's almost as easy to do a jump kick. You should be able to get three hps on most characters (aahphp, cancel, hp, jk/fireball).

Add nightwolf and kung lao to the relaunch list.

With Stryker cancel the two high punches every time it is possible, then gun as fast as you can. If you can't cancel the two punches (like on robots, nightwolf, sheeva, sindel, sonya, kang, lao, tsung) do the hps as fast as you can, wait until they are at a reasonable level, and do the gun again. Basically, if the game allowed you to do the gun immediately after the two hps then the character would keep going up. This almost never is possible, so wait until they fall to the initial level they were at before you hp'd them and then do the gun again.

Use the same strategy you apply with the nightwolf three axe combos. With him you press down, hold forward (to walk forward just a bit) and then press lp to get the third axe to hit. When you initially pop a character up I would advise to press back, walk forward a bit, then press hp. It makes the combo a lot easier.

Long story short - wait a little bit longer.
Nail got hit on the head there.

listen to him on the stryker advice, he knows what hes talking about.

I didn't totally get the press back, walk forward a bit, then press hp. that's EXACTLY the way to hit robots with the gun, and get a little more forward on those fucks...

question about the three axe strat....

wtf? lp? you mean hp or cancel the walk in or what??
or are you saying the axe axe aalp axe.
i don't get the axe axe axe...i just cant do it, i try running in and I can't hit that third axe, even on jax....yeah
so please elaborate..

dubson

Noob
mistaKM add me, i sent you a FR,

and on ermac your saying
pop, jk, tele, tks, hp, hp, hp, jk, fireball?
He is saying do either

Pop-up, JK, Tele, TKS, aaHPHP, HP, JK

or

Pop-up, JK, Tele, TKS, aaHPHP, HP, Fireball

When he said JK/Fireball he just meant use either one

yeah..was about to say the same thing...

Either the JK or the Fireball...if you have em high up enough....do the Jk...

if they're falling to aahp aahp, hp fireball

yeah...dubson said it anyway

..... Half the time you do that on them your teleport right through them.. Their harder than other characters...

He was talking about the robots and sheeva being easiest to relaunch, lol.

Dubson said it right about the Ermac combo. Sheisse have you ever seen anyone end an Ermac combo with aahphp hp jk fb>!>!>??

Another thing about Stryker's combo...if you're canceling the punches and the second one is not hitting, make sure that inbetween the two punches you continue to walk forward. This is most likely to happen against Kano for some reason.

I mentioned something about Shang Tsung earlier but ignore that...all you can do on that [ban incoming] is gun, wiff dash, uppercut, or whatever the fuck. No inf on him for stryker unless he's in the corner.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Did you check any of the combos listed here?

http://www.ultimatemk.com/cguide.php?character=ermac&game=umk3arcade

As for Stryker, one of the keys in doing his cross screen inf aside from using the Dash instead of run, is make sure you hit the back forward motion with some kind of dexterity, he has a tiny window of unavailability due to time restrictions and if you don't hit the buttons at the right speed it just won't come out sometimes.

yea ive checked the combo list, its just that the non punisher combos that work on everyone arnt 50% and sometimes i have trouble visulizing what those combo lists are talking about...... but anyway i dont think the launch, kick tele, tks, aahp hp jk is 50%.

Im just lookin for a pretty much universal 50% (anything that works on male ninjas and the like, no need for female ninjas, sheva, shang or the likes) so that i can wina round with 2 mistakes

and on the stryker combo, i find its easier for me to run in for the first riot gun and connect the punches, is there anything worse about running in?

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Ermac's 50% combos off a knee lift are very difficult to ensure on characters other than the male ninjas, Jax, Striker and Kano, maybe a couple others.

A very hard example is, HK, LP, TK, aaRH, TP, TKS, otg, HK, LP, aaHP, fireball = 50% exactly, but the 2 hits between TKS's is extremely difficult to get consistently and on top of that the otg combo, which while more reliable than 2 hit TKS buffer, is still annoying at times.

Something you might want to try is

HK, LP, JK, TP, TKS, otg, HK, LP, deep JK (no bleed), standing HK, that's just over 52% and the hard parts are the otg and hitting the last two hits correctly.

The most difficult and damaging Ermac combo starting with a knee lift I can come up with is probably

HK, LP, TKS, aaRH, TP, aaHP, gcTKS, otgHK, LP, dJK, aaHP, Fireball - almost 61%

new question,
when im trying to learn to do nightwolfs longer combo
(auto combo, axe, axe, lp, axe)
but for some reason the last axe is missing because the other char is to far away, but it seems like if i were to run in after the lp that he would fall too low, any help?