What's new

Question A couple basic questions regarding baraka.

Vagrant

Noob
So I've been studying all of the "fish" lately. Because well.... When you don't... One can knock you into/out of losers... and I'm in no position to learn that lesson the hard way (Tip of my hat to tetra btw. The amazement in CD and Bradys voices @ NEC was hysterical)

Couple questions.

How the hell is anyone landing 221+2 b31 b31 f4 midscreen?

Can someone just give me the "go to" combos off of each string? There are multiple ones in the guide and I'm not sure which to use.

What is the theory behind when to reset vs when to combo?

Any other knowledge you guys wanna drop is welcome. This character fascinates me.

Toxic

Noob
So I've been studying all of the "fish" lately. Because well.... When you don't... One can knock you into/out of losers... and I'm in no position to learn that lesson the hard way (Tip of my hat to tetra btw. The amazement in CD and Bradys voices @ NEC was hysterical)

Couple questions.

we're not. that was changed you get single b31 now.

Can someone just give me the "go to" combos off of each string? There are multiple ones in the guide and I'm not sure which to use.

damage vs reset off either. want damage 2212 b31 4 charge or b31 x3 b11 charge or 4 charge. that b11 is hard to get in there.

Depends on what situation calls for. also how your opponent is conditioned. you can train them to block low awhile and reset into high for free usually. Its usually up to whether or not you want the guarenteed damage, or you need to build meter. if done right you can pretty much guarentee the mass damage off the reset anyways. Also positioning...if near corner its worth a shot to reset usually.

Any other knowledge you guys wanna drop is welcome. This character fascinates me.
You dont know what you're in for =p

Add me on live....STB Toxic

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
lol. I've been playing Baraka for nearly 2 years now. He really isn't as bad as people claim. I always end with a reset unless I can finish a match with a combo.

A combo I do often is 221+2 - b31 - f4. If someone isn't use to this you have a shot at a 50/50 afterwards with f2 cancelled into slices or b31. This can really keep the pressure going.

Also, if you connect a d4 you can follow up with f44. I haven't played in a couple of months so my memory is getting rusty.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Couple questions.

1.that combo midscreen is hard to do,even on the larger hitbox chars.
debated putting that in the corner only section in the guide but it can be done midscreen so i just didnt want someone pointing it out to me later that its possible midscreen.

2.by go to combos i take it u mean ones that shouldnt drop so...
midscreen.
B31,B31,B11~blade charge
221+2,b31,4~blade charge
(on those two combos you can use f24 as combo ender instead of a normal canceled into blade charge if want keep opponent close)
b32~chop,d4~blade charge
f44,4~blade charge
b1f1~chop,d4~blade charge

corner
b31,b31,b31,b11~spin,spin
221+2,b31,b31,121~spin,spin
f2~ex slices,b31,121~spin,spin
b32~ex slices.b31,121~spin,spin
f44,4~chop
b1f1~chop,4~chop
u3,b31,b31,b11~spin,spin

3. the theory? well basically its do i want do give up some damage on the combo im doing at the minute to take away my opponents wakeup options and put them into a guessing game for more possible damage or will i take my full damge combo and work off the oki/knockdown of the combo ender.
as in when to do which, its all situational.

as for any other knowledge,
if ya have any other questions though id be glad to try help more

XXFleshtrapXX

imma eat choo!
Highest damage combos off 2,2,1+2 and B3,1 without meter at midscreen. Personally I've been playing Baraka for awhile, and never been able to land 2,2,1+2, B3,1, B3,1, 4, blade charge once. Not at midscreen anyway. I'd love to try and figure it out.

2,2,1+2, B3,1, B1,1, blade charge 34% 37% with a jump in punch. I used to think this combo way to difficult to be practical but if you time the b3,1 to connect when the opponent is nearing the ground it works most of the time.

B3,1, B3,1, B3,1, B1,1, blade charge 37% 40% is really timing specific and utterly pointless to attempt online, you have to connect all three B3,1's at about the same height just above Baraka's knee and just below his head. The blade charge hits them when they are very close to the ground. If you attempt this off a jump in punch you only lose 1% less than the same combo ending with 4, blade charge, even if the charge whiffs. Strangely enough, I can land this combo 9/10 times on CSZ.

My personal opinion, most of the time just go for the reset especially if your playing against a character that doesn't have armor. Even if they guess right and block properly, the chip damage that Baraka can follow up with afterwards well give you just as much and in some cases more damage than his highest damaging midscreen combos. Plus the meter build.