What's new

A community tier list, with contributions from some TYM members

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Some TYM members contributed to a matchup chart but didn't post it for us to rip on... for shame people, for shame.

I don't know all the details but @Insomniac FGC organized a community tier list that had contributions from various players, with one or two players contributing to a matchup chart of the character they play. A nice little site was even put together to host the chart and list. https://nrstierlist.com/ The list of who contributed and the overall tier list can be found on the site but I'll just post the matchup chart. It seems like lot of work went in this chart, and I believe it's the most comprehensive matchup chart for Injustice 2 in existence. So shoutout to the efforts of all who contributed, good stuff. That said, like any good matchup chart, there's bound to be some differing opinions. Personally I think a couple characters charts are suspect, but I'd rather hear what TYM thinks. I bet people have major questions such as:

Why the lack of top 5 Poison Ivy?

Do the authors of the list know that Flash has no neutral?

What will @Braindead think of his objectively bottom tier character's placement?

Hopefully this thread will answer all those questions and more.

(Upper left is highest tier. As you go down or to the right you go down the tier list.)

Is there a match up on the chart that you disagree with? Argue your case here:

https://www.nrstierlist.com/forums/topic/match-up-disputes/

Edit: This matchup chart should be updated but Marinjuana is lazy

https://nrstierlist.com/games/injustice-2/tier-list/

https://nrstierlist.com/games/injustice-2/match-up-chart/

https://www.nrstierlist.com/forums/topic/match-up-disputes/

Edit: Added the updated chart for easier reading and the matchup disputes forum link.

New edit: Newer chart

Last edited:

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
I think the key thing to remember is everyone isn't going to agree on every match up and a lot of these match ups are the result of compromises and lots of debate. I think the other point is I don't think for the most part the placements are that far outside of the general consensus. I enjoyed taking part in this process.

Top 1 Wonder woman?. I am sold. Now seriously!. Swap green arrow place with Wonder woman, Flash to second. Firestorm to third. and Captain Cold is two tiers higher because the buffs. That's all.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Brainiac with ten 6-4s his way is an interesting development, I wonder which Brainiac player contributed to this list lol.

But what do I know I don't even play this game anymore.

Just posting to say it's really hard to look at this tier list though. You should color code column edges so that the eyes can keep track of it better while scrolling up.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
It's crazy to me the amount of up play Harley gets from some people, and I'm glad to not see that reflected here. Her chart's looking grim af, and I'm only seeing a couple things I disagree with, but not entirely. Supes could be 5-5 and Bats could be 6-4. I've gone back and forth on those numbers for a long time.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Brainiac with ten 6-4s his way is an interesting development, I wonder which Brainiac player contributed to this list lol.

But what do I know I don't even play this game anymore.

Just posting to say it's really hard to look at this tier list though. You should color code column edges so that the eyes can keep track of it better while scrolling up.
I know in Excel you can make it so that either the top row or first column will stay visible as you scroll, something similar here would really help readability.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
This is great, I dont know about the accuracy but I could be down with the SZ numbers. Don’t really play much anymore though.

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy
It's crazy to me the amount of up play Harley gets from some people, and I'm glad to not see that reflected here. Her chart's looking grim af, and I'm only seeing a couple things I disagree with, but not entirely. Supes could be 5-5 and Bats could be 6-4. I've gone back and forth on those numbers for a long time.
Harley player's have known this for many many months, it usually takes the rest of the community time to catch up, especially when you're considering a character as seldom used as harley. I'm glad that it has finally been reflected in this universal matchup chart.

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
I know in Excel you can make it so that either the top row or first column will stay visible as you scroll, something similar here would really help readability.
Freeze panes > Freeze top row/column for those concerned

I know because I'm at work doing it right now

Cursa

I see a few I don't like but overall good. Not sure Bane loses to Robin or Scarecrow personally

Also thinking Grodd V Aquaman is like 3-7 at best

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I see a few I don't like but overall good. Not sure Bane loses to Robin or Scarecrow personally

Also thinking Grodd V Aquaman is like 3-7 at best
Haven’t played Bane or the game in a while, why might he go even with Robin? I also don’t necesarilly think he loses to Scarecrow either though.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
I know this was probably pre patch but even then I don't think grodds matchup chart is far from being that bad.

Cursa

Haven’t played Bane or the game in a while, why might he go even with Robin? I also don’t necesarilly think he loses to Scarecrow either though.
Robin has answers to Bane but they're hardly comparable to characters like Fate or Batman.

Robin can't keep Bane out, and although he outfootsies him heavily, he's still taking a risk of an armoured read. Characters who beat Bane don't even worry about the 50/50 of grab or button

Also gaps and single hitting/not grab immune wakeups.

Cutting it short because work, but I don't think it's losing myself

For Scarecrow, I think saving bar for pushblock is a huge gamechanger since Bane is always build bar in that MU. SC's plus frames are laughed upon in venom and pushblocked otherwise since Bane can save meter effectively and still be dangerous

Cursa

Ok so question. How does Bane lose to Canary?

Also would personally say that Atom loses to Beetle, and then most of them I agree with.

There's a few for both characters I'm kinda on the fence about, like Atrocitus for both, Scarecrow for Atom, or Leonardo for Bane. I don't really see how they're winning/even/losing respectively

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
A few of these FS MUs seem sketchy to me, was this pre patch? There's a few like Adam, Batman and Hellboy that were probably 5-5 pre patch but I'm not sure if they still are after the nerfs. And there's a couple of 6-4s that should maybe be 5-5s.

I really appreciate the effort that went into this though, something like this is long overdue.

Sazbak

Noob
This sucks. I always accidentally pick up these SS tier characters so I can't make excuses when I lose.
First Supergirl and now WoWo...I need to pick up some low tier characters to occasionally be able to claim the moral high ground.

Cursa

This sucks. I always accidentally pick up these SS tier characters so I can't make excuses when I lose.
First Supergirl and now WoWo...I need to pick up some low tier characters to occasionally be able to claim the moral high ground.
Moral high ground doesn't seem very high when your face is in the fucking ground all the time from fighting a 13/-4 matchup