What's new

A community tier list, with contributions from some TYM members

TamedLizard

Buff George
If wonder woman is the best,then why don't we see her in tournaments?
"Ya see Meg...these...these are the questions."

Maybe because she's harder to use effectively than most of the other top tier? I second her, and I still don't really know why tbh.

Either way, tournament representation is not indicative of tier placement (See A-List, SQ, DF Liu ect), matchup numbers are, and that's why WoWo is so high on the tier list.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Robin has answers to Bane but they're hardly comparable to characters like Fate or Batman.

Robin can't keep Bane out, and although he outfootsies him heavily, he's still taking a risk of an armoured read. Characters who beat Bane don't even worry about the 50/50 of grab or button

Also gaps and single hitting/not grab immune wakeups.

Cutting it short because work, but I don't think it's losing myself

For Scarecrow, I think saving bar for pushblock is a huge gamechanger since Bane is always build bar in that MU. SC's plus frames are laughed upon in venom and pushblocked otherwise since Bane can save meter effectively and still be dangerous
Robins best buttons, B1 B2, F2 are all grab immune in neutral, birdarang gives him a blockstring mix up from a distance and gives him meaty armor breaking oki, D12 dominates the counter poke meta, and swoop does fucked up things to big bodies.

For scarecrow they both have the same mixing gameplan but scarecrow has far better buttons and safety from being based in plus frames and grabs rather than baitable unsafe armor and grabs, D1 fearnado breaks armor, and stink trait prevents comebacks.

Ok so question. How does Bane lose to Canary?

Also would personally say that Atom loses to Beetle, and then most of them I agree with.

There's a few for both characters I'm kinda on the fence about, like Atrocitus for both, Scarecrow for Atom, or Leonardo for Bane. I don't really see how they're winning/even/losing respectively
Canarys wake up options cover multiple of banes oki options, forward roll, backroll, backdash, and airborn double hit cartwheel into full combo all have to be baited differently. In neutral she can abuse her movement options like cartwheeling constantly building meter for mb b3s into resets. Damage and mix potential is even.

Eldagrin

Add me on PS4 if you want to play some games
Man that chart makes Harley fall in the same place she was in for IGAU. I’d rather be a bottom 10 character in Injustice 2 than IGAU though. Supes vs Harley feels 5-5 though, but that MU is debated a lot anyways.

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy
Man that chart makes Harley fall in the same place she was in for IGAU. I’d rather be a bottom 10 character in Injustice 2 than IGAU though. Supes vs Harley feels 5-5 though, but that MU is debated a lot anyways.
Harley supes is def 4-6, she doesn't win at any range. He fucks everyone in the corner especially those with no good wakeup, plus her b2/12 gunshot whiffs on him.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
[/QUOTE]
Canarys wake up options cover multiple of banes oki options, forward roll, backroll, backdash, and airborn double hit cartwheel into full combo all have to be baited differently. In neutral she can abuse her movement options like cartwheeling constantly building meter for mb b3s into resets. Damage and mix potential is even.
yeah and cause shes mixxy as well bane doesnt get a significant advantage for getting in like the rest of the cast, also can use vortex style resets that bane can't armor which is like a key mechanic for him getting shutdown. Seems like a bad Bane match up for sure

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
I was just saying since Bane can armour out of S2 into overhead, as well as any delayed version of it. So he can just low block and option select armour. Obviously it can be baited but that's when the conditioning starts.

Personally I'd say Bane's ridiculous forward dash at the right range is a proper threat for Canary building meter but haven't played it enough clearly.

Also I was under the impression that back roll, backdash and forward roll were all stuff-able.

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
I was just saying since Bane can armour out of S2 into overhead, as well as any delayed version of it. So he can just low block and option select armour. Obviously it can be baited but that's when the conditioning starts.

Personally I'd say Bane's ridiculous forward dash at the right range is a proper threat for Canary building meter but haven't played it enough clearly.

Also I was under the impression that back roll, backdash and forward roll were all stuff-able.
They are, but you have to alter your timing for the read. Which means Bane is just doing regular character oki instead of Bane oki. Anytime Bane can't run his standard oki game, there's problems.

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
They are, but you have to alter your timing for the read. Which means Bane is just doing regular character oki instead of Bane oki. Anytime Bane can't run his standard oki game, there's problems.
Sorry, what I meant was I was under the impression they were all stuffable by a well timed D1. Same timing

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Sorry, what I meant was I was under the impression they were all stuffable by a well timed D1. Same timing
Back roll you have to walk forward d1, forward roll you have to delay b1/b2, to stuff her wake up double hit flip you have to do a true meaty. True meaty loses to backdash and both rolls, delayed buttons and armor lose to wake up flip which goes into a full combo into standing reset. The risk reward just isnt there. Banes gameplan is having his moves cover multiple of his opponents wake up options at once ( elbow covers backdash and wake up, grab covers blocking and wake up, b21/b23 cover meaties and delayed wake up etc). Vs canary her options cover multiple of banes options when she is knocked down, thats no bueno

This is an unrelated topic, but this may be the best place to ask. How do I get a hold of @BillStickers? We were hoping to retroactively include all of NRS's past games. Since the MK9 chart has already been put together, we wanted to get BillStickers' approval to incorporate the data into a MK9 tier list.

Skedar70

Noob
This tier list is really bad. First the game doesn't have this many tiers. At the most there is just 3 o 4 tiers. I think most of the characters are in the middle except for Raphael, Donnatello, Deadshot and maybe Raiden who would be at the bottom. The community is wrong about Grodd he is not a low tier character (stop it) he is in the middle with most of the cast. I don't know who the top are and I no longer feel any character is too OP.

This tier list is really bad. First the game doesn't have this many tiers. At the most there is just 3 o 4 tiers. I think most of the characters are in the middle except for Raphael, Donnatello, Deadshot and maybe Raiden who would be at the bottom. The community is wrong about Grodd he is not a low tier character (stop it) he is in the middle with most of the cast. I don't know who the top are and I no longer feel any character is too OP.
But.... but.... Wonder Woman is number one!. Me seeing Flash's and Firestorm's at top 8 at current tournaments. And zero Wonder Woman's in top 8's ever. LOOOL.

But.... but.... Wonder Woman is number one!. Me seeing Flash's and Firestorm's at top 8 at current tournaments. And zero Wonder Woman's in top 8's ever. LOOOL.
Criticizing the placement of characters in a tier list without making mention of their match ups (the fundamental determinant of their ordering) is a quick and easy way to make a fool of yourself.

Criticizing the placement of characters in a tier list without making mention of their match ups (the fundamental determinant of their ordering) is a quick and easy way to make a fool of yourself.
And your argument is... to insult?. Matchups are determined with proofs. A character that has not been see it in a top 8 ever should never be considered top 1 ever!. But noo!. Call someone a fool for expressing his opinion!. That should teach him!. LMAO.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
And your argument is... to insult?. Matchups are determined with proofs. A character that has not been see it in a top 8 ever should never be considered top 1 ever!. But noo!. Call someone a fool for expressing his opinion!. That should teach him!. LMAO.
We’ve seen canary and cold win tournaments and they’re not even top 15. What’s your point?

Sazbak

Noob
We’ve seen canary and cold win tournaments and they’re not even top 15. What’s your point?
That's the SonicFox effect though. He can make some characters shine despite their tier placing.
Has anyone else reached good results with these two on a major?

They are mid tier at best.. This game has a lot of mid tiers. I'm not saying that Wonder Woman is bad. But... the number one character in the game has to have a huge dominance... Like The Flash for example. Remember: Second at EVO. And not nerfed ever.

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
Tournament performance doesn't contribute to a character's position on a tier list as much as you think it does.