What's new

A community tier list, with contributions from some TYM members

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
Tbh idk if that is even true since he's so bad I literally forget he is in the game altogether

Did anyone actually WANT raiden in the game? Like I'm talking before the shadow-figure DLC thing was released where it was CLEARLY him, did anyone buy this game on release and was like "Yeah, I really hope they add Raiden as DLC"
Raiden was the only reason I bothered with the game at all... so yeah.

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
Raiden was the only reason I bothered with the game at all... so yeah.
Before or after his reveal? Genuine question because when I bought the game I was 100% convinced that Sub was gonna be released as DLC but Raiden was a shocker for me.

I don't understand his addition to the game at all. Same with turtles tbh. Hellboy was cool enough for me to enjoy.

I just feel bad for Raiden more than anything since he's the worst character in the game.

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
Before or after his reveal? Genuine question because when I bought the game I was 100% convinced that Sub was gonna be released as DLC but Raiden was a shocker for me.

I don't understand his addition to the game at all. Same with turtles tbh. Hellboy was cool enough for me to enjoy.

I just feel bad for Raiden more than anything since he's the worst character in the game.
I tend to think of things in a financial way. NRS are there to make money and they will do whatever (reasonable things) it takes to get it.

I suspected that they would have another MK character in the roster as it makes sense financially. Raiden was the obvious choice given that Scorpion, Raiden and Sub Zero are undoubtedly the three poster boys and most marketable in the franchise.

While I was shocked by the Turtles (it was really random) it makes massive sense financially and would have brought in a whole new audience. Smart move.

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
Tbh I kinda agree with the top 10 but I'd take out Wowo, Flash, and RH and replace them with Atom, Batman, and.... idk. Maybe Flash can stay in.

In no particular order either
RH only loses 3 mus at the highest possible level.

Cursa

I’m not offended but what are you insinuating?
I'm putting him in the same boat as Wowo that for a character who is currently really high on the tier list his representation in both tournament play and in just random online matches is super low, relatively.

I'll be the first to admit I'm wrong if proven otherwise but this tier list doesn't prove that, which is part of the problem, as I think I mentioned before. There's just too many MU's to go through for RH to convince me. Same with literally every character

Which is part of the reason why tier lists like this don't really work out too well. I prefer just going "Here's my top 10 and here's my bottom 10. My opinion. Don't take it hard, don't try to justify my stuff because it's just an estimation"

Which is what tier lists should be imo. Estimations

Cursa

Tier lists are an attractive idea but poor in practice when you think about it

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
I'm putting him in the same boat as Wowo that for a character who is currently really high on the tier list his representation in both tournament play and in just random online matches is super low, relatively.

I'll be the first to admit I'm wrong if proven otherwise but this tier list doesn't prove that, which is part of the problem, as I think I mentioned before. There's just too many MU's to go through for RH to convince me. Same with literally every character

Which is part of the reason why tier lists like this don't really work out too well. I prefer just going "Here's my top 10 and here's my bottom 10. My opinion. Don't take it hard, don't try to justify my stuff because it's just an estimation"

Which is what tier lists should be imo. Estimations
Presence has little to do with positioning.

People will agree and disagree on things as they see fit because tier lists are always subjective.

The tier list you see before is but opinions of several people. It’s not to be considered fact for what it is at face value. If some mus were disagreed upon and if it was on me, I’ll discuss and own up to it.

If it’s somebody else’s number then there is nothing I can do but hope they turn up. I just wait for my character getting discussed and that’s about it.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Tier lists are an attractive idea but poor in practice when you think about it
The idea is fine in theory and practice. The reality is that Injustice 2 is balanced and primarily consists of 5:5 and 6:4 match ups so creating an accurate tier list is difficult, particularly when the vast majority of the community is ignorant about many match ups. I bet that the community cannot even agree on which character is the best whereas in previous games characters like Kabal and Martian Manhunter beat at least half the roster 7:3 so creating a tier list was simple and far less controversial.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Disregarding where RH is on the tier list, this line of logic is a fallacy and reminds me of when people kept saying that Summoner Quan was bad early in MKX because no was placing with him.

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy
Nice to see that everyone came together & helped to make this happen!

#Respect
This whole thread of replies reeks of millennial want it without working to explain BS. They call shit on the tier list as though their own personal vision is better. EVEYONE'S VISION IS DIFFERENT, of course it is... If you think that your vision is better, argue your point matchup by matchup as we all did, it's more than welcome. No fucking point crying when we ask the same meticulous level of explanation out of you as we all needed to. An MU won't change because someone calls shit out.. These guys be like "dude this list is smelly eww change this or this MU to suit my belief". Like wut. if you wanna effect change in the MU chart then argue the point MU by MU as we all did when creating the list. The list is not perfect, it will never be perfect, no tier list is ever fucking perfect, but this is the only list that has the opinion and mutual collaboration of multiple (50+) people. You're all very welcome to make it the best list it can be. But cut the crap and just argue your MU with real reasoning,

Last edited:
Reactions: JDE
The idea is fine in theory and practice. The reality is that Injustice 2 is balanced and primarily consists of 5:5 and 6:4 match ups so creating an accurate tier list is difficult, particularly when the vast majority of the community is ignorant about many match ups. I bet that the community cannot even agree on which character is the best whereas in previous games characters like Kabal and Martian Manhunter beat at least half the roster 7:3 so creating a tier list was simple and far less controversial.
Fair points all around. However, (aside from Raiden), would you say that every character is viable as a main, or are there characters (other than Raiden) that should just be avoided and never looked at again?

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
This whole thread of replies reeks of millennial want it without working to explain BS. They call shit on the tier list as though their own personal vision is better. EVEYONE'S VISION IS DIFFERENT, of course it is... If you think that your vision is better, argue your point matchup by matchup as we all did, it's more than welcome. No fucking point crying when we ask the same meticulous level of explanation out of you as we all needed to. An MU won't change because someone calls shit out.. These guys be like "dude this list is smelly eww change this or this MU to suit my belief". Like wut. if you wanna effect change in the MU chart then argue the point MU by MU as we all did when creating the list. The list is not perfect, it will never be perfect, no tier list is ever fucking perfect, but this is the only list that has the opinion and mutual collaboration of multiple (50+) people. You're all very welcome to make it the best list it can be. But cut the crap and just argue your MU with real reasoning,
The funny thing is the even when people didn't want the match up number changed and just wanted an explanation, y'all still couldn't explain yourselves, lol. You turned this list into the meme it became

Last edited:

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy
The funny thing is the even when people didn't want the match up number changed and just wanted an explanation, y'all still couldn't explain yourselves, lol. You turned this list into the meme it became
At every point you've failed to read plain English, I can't tell if you're a troll or just plain stupid. Multiple people have said throughout the duration of this thread, any MU dispute would be answered as long as the rep is a member on TYM. There's no more we can do on this particular platform.

Though we did create a platform for TYM members to get the answers they are looking for without signing up. Anyone who wants an explanation or wants an MU changed can visit https://www.nrstierlist.com/discord-server/

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
At every point you've failed to read plain English, I can't tell if you're a troll or just plain stupid. Multiple people have said throughout the duration of this thread, any MU dispute would be answered as long as the rep is a member on TYM. There's no more we can do on this particular platform.

Though we did create a platform for TYM members to get the answers they are looking for without signing up. Anyone who wants an explanation or wants an MU changed can visit https://www.nrstierlist.com/discord-server/
"you can't read plain English", says the guy who saw "explanation" but read "match-up dispute"

Cursa

Disregarding where RH is on the tier list, this line of logic is a fallacy and reminds me of when people kept saying that Summoner Quan was bad early in MKX because no was placing with him.
The difference is that RH has only had nerfs since he came out and has only been played by one person that I can think of.

I'm quick to agree that placement =/= representation but I find it extremely difficult to believe that RH has been a top 10 character since his release basically (At least since the other top tiers got nerfed) and only one person is playing him. Same with Wowo.

That's all I'm saying on the matter

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy
There's ya problem
Unfortunately we can't forced unpaid volunteers to sign up to the forum and answer your questions. However a channel has been created to address any queries. None of us will state with 100% fortitude that the MU chart is perfect. We didn't actually post the list, we wanted to finish it first, but the list got posted early. All we've ever wanted is for the entire community to get involved, but this became a shit show.

Cursa

Unfortunately we can't forced unpaid volunteers to sign up to the forum and answer your questions. However a channel has been created to address any queries. None of us will state with 100% fortitude that the MU chart is perfect. We didn't actually post the list, we wanted to finish it first, but the list got posted early. All we've ever wanted is for the entire community to gt involved, but this became a shit show.
If what you say is the case then ya can't really blame the community for it.

I've already stated why posting this early was a bad idea. Multiple reasons, actually. It being early is just one of them.

I would've cut my losses and made a new thread when the tier list is finished. It would've been the smarter choice imo, but we learn from our mistakes. I don't really like the idea of such an in-depth tier list in a game like IJ2 where MU numbers and character placement are usually pretty subjective, but if you guys finish the tier list and make it work properly, then more power to y'all.

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy
If what you say is the case then ya can't really blame the community for it.

I've already stated why posting this early was a bad idea. Multiple reasons, actually. It being early is just one of them.

I would've cut my losses and made a new thread when the tier list is finished. It would've been the smarter choice imo, but we learn from our mistakes. I don't really like the idea of such an in-depth tier list in a game like IJ2 where MU numbers and character placement are usually pretty subjective, but if you guys finish the tier list and make it work properly, then more power to y'all.
None of us posted it. It was posted by someone who wasn't involved in the list.

Cursa

None of us posted it. It was posted by someone who wasn't involved in the list.
Doesn't matter who posted it. I, personally, would not have tried to make this thread work

It's not representative of your team's work. But now, we're left with this mess of a thread, and to be fair there are people on both sides to blame, myself included, and stained the reputation of the thread.

This tier list was posted early, not finished, posted by someone who wasn't involved in the list, and you guys tried to make it work.

Is all I am saying