What's new

A community tier list, with contributions from some TYM members

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
Leap is riskier than people give it credit for

Like in that previous post that I didn't bother quoting about the GL MU where the risk between a ~10% projectile vs a ~35%ish Cheetah leap combo isn't the only risk. GL might just straight up anti-air you, or air to air you, and then you're the one eating maybe 30%.

Likely into GL oki which is extremely underrated and super scary.

Not talking about GL v Cheetah MU so don't flame me for it, it's an example

Last edited:

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I'm just saying for a character that supposedly has 26 winning MUs and 4 losing, we sure don't see a lot of Wowo
The NRS tier list does not coincide with reality. Wonder Woman aside, Atom apparently beats Hellboy but loses to Aquaman. LOL. Absurd.

The HoneyBee and BioHazard tier list accurately represents the current meta in offline and online tournaments as well as everyday casual sets between high level players if you follow the streams.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
I'm impressed with the Honeybee tier list. Having only A and B tiers is spot on and that's how the game feels right now; quite balanced. No S or S+ and C tier bullshit.

The only thing that surprises me is Aquaman. I didn't think he'd be that low. I didn't think he'd have many bad MUs in this game.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I'm impressed with the Honeybee tier list. Having only A and B tiers is spot on and that's how the game feels right now; quite balanced. No S or S+ and C tier bullshit.

The only thing that surprises me is Aquaman. I didn't think he'd be that low. I didn't think he'd have many bad MUs in this game.
Imo he does have a good amount of bad MUs and the thing about Aquaman is he’s pure defense and footsies and has arguably the worst comeback potential in the game, so it’s a lot harder to fight a losing matchup like Aquaman because it’s not like if Flash of Canary lose a matchup or get lamed out, Aquaman doesn’t get big rewards really for getting in on zoners, Aquaman only thrives if he locks out the other character

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Imo he does have a good amount of bad MUs and the thing about Aquaman is he’s pure defense and footsies and has arguably the worst comeback potential in the game, so it’s a lot harder to fight a losing matchup like Aquaman because it’s not like if Flash of Canary lose a matchup or get lamed out, Aquaman doesn’t get big rewards really for getting in on zoners, Aquaman only thrives if he locks out the other character
I could say the same about Wonder Woman, that's why it's hard for me to imagine how Aquaman struggles that much. I probably would have to play him myself to experience it.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
In order:

HoneyBee tierlist > Eventhubs tierlist > this tierlist
Its too perfect, the NRS tierlist has assumed the role of eventhubs, literally in every situation where you would normally see an eventhubs tierlist linked in like youtube comments etc. the NRS tireless will be linked instead.

Cursa

I do really think that honey bee is downplaying flash though
He does but not as badly as he did when the game first came out. I think he even said Flash might be top 10 in that video but I don't remember for sure.

Tbh Flash might not be top 10 but anyone who says he's a bad character (Which Bee doesn't really do anymore) are the real downplayers. The same people who think Flash fighting a character with a projectile as a losing MU are the problem.

I thought so too but it kinda makes sense when u think about it. The big one that makes him lose a chunky amount of MU's is characters who can punish FTD from like half screen which just fucks him up so hard. On top of the characters who can zone him out to begin with, combined with his shite mobility and pretty average-ish damage?

ew

Raphael is the only c tier char right now in my opinion. And I feel Raiden is very underrated... He's rather hated because He's the second MK char in this game. He's better than it's credited for.

Cursa

Raiden versus DC DLC that fans asked for is a definite 7-3 match up. No chance, no options.
Tbh idk if that is even true since he's so bad I literally forget he is in the game altogether

Did anyone actually WANT raiden in the game? Like I'm talking before the shadow-figure DLC thing was released where it was CLEARLY him, did anyone buy this game on release and was like "Yeah, I really hope they add Raiden as DLC"

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Note that the matchup chart has been updated multiple times since this thread was posted, it's now updated as of June 26th, 2018.

I like the effort and think it's pretty solid for most characters but paying attention to this has made me become more disillusioned with MU charts. It all gets too subjective and it seems to lose it's meaning or importance. For example, looking at WW's chart just makes me think that whoever made her list is quick to give a 6-4 for even a slight advantage. Nothing wrong with that necessarily, but I don't think the WW chart is weighed in the same way another characters is, and naturally, that makes sense.(Give that it's a collaborative list.) And as other's have pointed out it gets really wacky when you consider stuff like 50/50s.

Cursa

Note that the matchup chart has been updated multiple times since this thread was posted, it's now updated as of June 26th, 2018.

I like the effort and think it's pretty solid for most characters but paying attention to this has made me become more disillusioned with MU charts. It all gets too subjective and it seems to lose it's meaning or importance. For example, looking at WW's chart just makes me think that whoever made her list is quick to give a 6-4 for even a slight advantage. Nothing wrong with that necessarily, but I don't think the WW chart is weighed in the same way another characters is, and naturally, that makes sense.(Give that it's a collaborative list.) And as other's have pointed out it gets really wacky when you consider stuff like 50/50s.
Tbh Wowo community just can't give us a real answer, I don't even think Wowo players know Wowo

Cursa

Tbh I kinda agree with the top 10 but I'd take out Wowo, Flash, and RH and replace them with Atom, Batman, and.... idk. Maybe Flash can stay in.

In no particular order either