What's new

A community tier list, with contributions from some TYM members

Wetdoba

All too easy...
posting match up numbers and getting mad when u have to explain them

never change tym
"Some TYM members contributed to a matchup chart but didn't post it for us to rip on... for shame people, for shame."

That is the very first sentence of the OP in this thread. You do realize that the people that worked on this were not the ones that posted it correct? Dont be surprised when you dont get an immediate explaination on any given match up you call out, because frankly, the list wasnt suppose to be posted in the first place and is still a work in progress. Just an FYI to everyone in this thread bitching about the same thing

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy
"Some TYM members contributed to a matchup chart but didn't post it for us to rip on... for shame people, for shame."

That is the very first sentence of the OP in this thread. You do realize that the people that worked on this were not the ones that posted it correct? Dont be surprised when you dont get an immediate explaination on any given match up you call out, because frankly, the list wasnt suppose to be posted in the first place and is still a work in progress. Just an FYI to everyone in this thread bitching about the same thing
I genuinely got caught up in this and legit forgot that point even though it was my first reply to this thread.

It helps immensely to have the TYM member provide real feedback so the rep has something to work with.
Yup, pretty much this. In other words, the burden of proof ought to be equally distributed. I guarantee that any inquiry will be better received and more quickly responded to if it's backed properly.

We finally got a proper inquiry for the Flash vs Cold match up and lo and behold, it was addressed within hours of its posting.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
We finally got a proper inquiry for the Flash vs Cold match up and lo and behold, it was addressed within hours of its posting.
yeah but no thanks to you who fought it every step of the way. Bacon came in with one post and got it done right afterwards, during the point of which you continued to get butthurt that someone dare ask in the first place

Yup, pretty much this. In other words, the burden of proof ought to be equally distributed. I guarantee that any inquiry will be better received and more quickly responded to if it's backed properly.
You're the one making a statement. The burden of proof is on no-one but you to explain it when asked. What burden of proof is on the person asking lmfao? And if they don't have an understanding of the match up? You have a separate person for each character and two or more per each match up, theres no excuse lol you cannot expect anyone to take your list even remotely seriously if you cant answer a question on it.

"here's my numbers - now you gotta prove why their wrong to get an explanation"

lol

Last edited:

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
It is completely within reason to expect that a tier list got put together based on specific, detailed input, therefore it should be easy, even if it's not "the rep," (this is a tier list, not a congressional hearing) to at least provide the explanation that was given at the time for the matchup number.

If each characters' numbers were put together in closed rooms and then just offered up with no discourse whatsoever to create a list, then what's the point? Isn't the point of data collection to find nuance, not avoid it? I don't care if the tier list is made of randoms or good players, I just care that some thought got put into it, not "Well, Cold got nerfed, so we should probably change the Flash matchup to reflect that unless proven otherwise"

PLAY FOR KEEPSIES

No backsies

agreed,can you imagine the audacity of a guy to ask a question without already knowing the answer, and then respond graciously when someone said they were going to answer it? someone needs to put him back inline

God Confirm

nobody complained that they would have to wait for a response, in fact I even said that was reasonable here. This was never a matter of impatience so don't pretend it was. My complaint was getting told that I wouldn't get a response AT ALL unless I write a paragraph on the match up for you to deconstruct just to be able to answer the question. Which by the way is a tactic that just has "we don't actually know how we landed on these numbers!" written all over it

You guys just keep deliberately rewriting my posts into something else though, so thats how we can tell you know you're wrong

That doesn't go to anyone like Bacon or others just casually answering questions when asked. Just the shitters who got upset about people asking for an insight to your numbers.

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
I like Honeybee's new tier list aside from;
  • Supergrill is too low
  • Captain Cold is too high (Still haven't seen enough to convince me he's jumped like 25 places)
  • Flash too low, top 10 imo.
That's what I'm sure about for the moment

God Confirm

w
I like Honeybee's new tier list aside from;
  • Supergrill is too low
  • Captain Cold is too high (Still haven't seen enough to convince me he's jumped like 25 places)
  • Flash too low, top 10 imo.
That's what I'm sure about for the moment
where is it, give us a link

Cursa

also, I'm certain there is a zero percent chance that Cold placement isn't directly linked to the skullfucking Sonic gave HoneyBee last week. HoneyBee almost outright says as much in this video.
My thoughts as well. I also think Bio's recent success with Bane puts him a little higher than it should but I will not complain.

As soon as Honeybee said that he doesn't care how hard lightning kick is to punish I got triggered. Like it's either -12, he does a backdash, he delays it, he does MB pound, he just staggers his 50/50, RMS cancel?

-12 is good block advantage when you have all this to keep in mind.

God Confirm

My thoughts as well. I also think Bio's recent success with Bane puts him a little higher than it should but I will not complain.

As soon as Honeybee said that he doesn't care how hard lightning kick is to punish I got triggered. Like it's either -12, he does a backdash, he delays it, he does MB pound, he just staggers his 50/50, RMS cancel?

-12 is good block advantage when you have all this to keep in mind.
i think its a two way street, it does definitely make it harder to punish consistently, but at honeybees level you will see good players punishing it a lot, so I can understand what he's saying there. Delaying it to be safe makes it not combo and still gives up his turn so eh.

Cursa

i think its a two way street, it does definitely make it harder to punish consistently, but at honeybees level you will see good players punishing it a lot, so I can understand what he's saying there. Delaying it to be safe makes it not combo and still gives up his turn so eh.
I get there's a risk with every version of his 50/50, but I think you'd be hard pressed to find a person who consistently punished each option every time. I don't have a major problem with punishing lightning kick after I spent an hour in the lab but it's just mixing in all the options on top of the fact you're already having to guess whether he does overhead or low.

Idk the type of pressure he can get off of conditioning you to even think about a lightning kick or a MB pound is really good. That's when you start having to guess multiple 50/50s in a row

Cursa

Also for the record I don't think Flash is top 10 free but I doubt people who say he isn't a strong contender. If he's not top 10 then it's likely because there are 10 better characters, not because he is a bad character

God Confirm

Also for the record I don't think Flash is top 10 free but I doubt people who say he isn't a strong contender. If he's not top 10 then it's likely because there are 10 better characters, not because he is a bad character
I think he's definitely top 10