What's new

A community tier list, with contributions from some TYM members

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
I'm sorry about the inconvenience and I'm working on getting a write up for you. please keep in mind that a lot of cold's numbers have been under review since the patch so his numbers will most likely change in the near future
No worries dude, just looking for an explanation of the perspective =) I understand they are going to change in future, was simply curious why it was at 5-5 right now though is all

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy
I'm sorry about the inconvenience and I'm working on getting a write up for you. please keep in mind that a lot of cold's numbers have been under review since the patch so his numbers will most likely change in the near future
Sooo... the squeaky wheel does eventually get the grease. Thanks for pandering to him, maybe now we can get actually back on topic rather than going round in circles

It was a misconception on my part. I took your statement at face value. I realize that when you said...

universally agreed up till now as a 3-7 at best, for being one of Flash's worst / Cold's best
...that I should not have read that and thought that you would be able to back that statement up. I mistook your inquiry as a match up challenge.

YOURE the one putting forth match up numbers. I'm asking a question. I'm not trying to prove anything. The fact that you guys get so unbelievably defensive when asked to explain it just makes it clear you have zero idea what you're talking about.
It looks like we have a difference in philosophy with how we run this project. I feel like this should be handled as more of a two-way street. Both sides should be able to back up their statements before challenging the other. It shouldn't just be us handling this project as a thesis defense. I feel like we earned that on merit of just taking the time to put all of this together. Don't get me wrong, I very much appreciate the effort that you put into scrutinizing the match ups that we compiled. I'm glad that there are many members of the community that want to ensure that this project is as accurate as can be. At the same time, I want to assure you that these match ups have been looked into already.

God Confirm

It was a misconception on my part. I took your statement at face value. I realize that when you said...

...that I should not have read that and thought that you would be able to back that statement up. I mistook your inquiry as a match up challenge.

It looks like we have a difference in philosophy with how we run this project. I feel like this should be handled as more of a two-way street. Both sides should be able to back up their statements before challenging the other. It shouldn't just be us handling this project as a thesis defense. I feel like we earned that on merit of just taking the time to put all of this together. Don't get me wrong, I very much appreciate the effort that you put into scrutinizing the match ups that we compiled. I'm glad that there are many members of the community that want to ensure that this project is as accurate as can be. At the same time, I want to assure you that these match ups have been looked into already.

Hmmmm it might be a severe comprehension issue as I feel like a broken record, but again I'm going to have to repeat that I'm not challenging your statements or scrutinizing your match ups.

You made a statement that this match up is a certain number, I asked why. That's all. It's very possible you're correct I barely play this game and I was looking to learn.

However, you've made it unmistakably clear you don't have half a clue what you're even talking about since you can't even answer a question lol.

This thread is straight asscheeks

God Confirm

Here is a few sources of people having the opinion on this match up. What I'm gonna be able to do for you right now on mobile is firstly pointing out that even Cold players in this thread are saying its wrong. I'll also give you a couple of high level sources on top of that

HappyPow saying Cold is one of Flash's only 3-7's
https://testyourmight.com/threads/flash-facts-matchup-discussion.64675/#post-2304496

Sonic showing how one sided this match up is vs HoneyBee's flash (from a week ago)

And here's a screenshot of Espio and TJ, two well respected players on here and both contributors to this very tier list, also questioning the logic of these numbers, to put it gently, from the other week when I mentioned on discord I couldn't even get an answer to why

Is that enough to get you to stop making excuses and just you know, explain your statements, or do I literally have to take a consensus?

To restate, again, for the thousandth time, I'm not saying you're wrong - simply asking for an explanation, it's possible you guys are entirely correct and that I might learn something new about their MU. This post just the PROOF that you demanded that this is a commonly held opinion, which really is besides the point. It's fine to disagree. I was just curious why. The fact that I had to go to this length just to justify asking an explanation for a match up at all shows how trash this shit is lmao

Last edited:

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy
@God Confirm I'm not sure why you feel the need to be so hostile. This isn't a you against the system thing. People who have genuinely stated their reasons for their MU changes have been considered. The information has been passed along to the relevant representatives and changes enacted accordingly after scrutiny by the relevant reps.

What you've asked demanded for the past few pages was for us to give clear reasons for the MU being 5-5. And we told you at every point that a rep would come back to you if they are a member here and/or have the time or for you to give some reasoning behind your dispute. Bearing in mind we're not being paid for any of this, and are doing it genuinely for the community and because we enjoy the process.

Now you've finally provided some modicum info we'll be sure to relay it to the cold and flash reps. The dispute system is the same for everyone, there shouldn't be any preferential treatment for people who "shout the loudest", or go round in circles the longest.

God Confirm

@God Confirm I'm not sure why you feel the need to be so hostile. This isn't a you against the system thing. People who have genuinely stated their reasons for their MU changes have been considered. The information has been passed along to the relevant representatives and changes enacted accordingly after scrutiny by the relevant reps.

What you've asked demanded for the past few pages was for us to give clear reasons for the MU being 5-5. And we told you at every point that a rep would come back to you if they are a member here and/or have the time or for you to give some reasoning behind your dispute. Bearing in mind we're not being paid for any of this, and are doing it genuinely for the community and because we enjoy the process.

Now you've finally provided some modicum info we'll be sure to relay it to the cold and flash reps. The dispute system is the same for everyone, there shouldn't be any preferential treatment for people who "shout the loudest", or go round in circles the longest.
first time i casually ask about a flash cold match up being 5-5 i get no response

Second time I ask a few pages later, you say I CANNOT GET A RESPONSE unless I give a better reason or breakdown for the match up to get a response

Third time I ask I'm ignored again

So next time I ask a few pages later I put the reason that it's commonly seen as a 7-3, and then I get told I have to back up my statements as well as dig through the forum looking for proof

Then when I ask again after having back it up this up with proof, and it's "stop shouting the loudest". Good god lol.

If you guys just don't have an answer for it it's cool, just say that, don't accuse me of random shit like wanting the match up numbers changed or not being able to back up my statements, I don't have a statement or want anything changed, this started with me I'm asking a freakin question lol

And we told you at every point that a rep would come back to you if they are a member here and/or have the time or for you to give some reasoning behind your dispute.
LOL don't lie.Somewhere near the end of all this, about an hour ago, I get told for the very first time, by Bacon that hes gonna do a write up soon, and he's not even the damn rep for either of the characters in question. And yet still that's all I wanted, a bit of insight into the match up numbers you guys are stating. And he got a friendly response from me, it's as easy at that. Not ONCE before this point have you said you would answer this question, every response has been "tell us why we're wrong and we'll run it back to them so they can argue against it". Feel free to screenshot me and prove me wrong.

I'm not saying the numbers are wrong. I'm asking for some insight, to hopefully get someone elses perspective because I don't play this game enough to even know who stands where anymore. I first saw the numbers and assumed you guys must know something new about the match up, hence the question. What is it you are asking me to prove? I'm not saying you're wrong for christ sakes, you guys might just be right. I was looking to learn.

Now you've finally provided some modicum info we'll be sure to relay it to the cold and flash reps.
Well that's nice to hear but you've somehow completely misunderstood everything I said, because at no point did I weigh in at all on the match up or provide any stance, I simply asked a question, and the only information I provided was links to other people's statements. But feel free to relay whatever you want, because at this point I want to see it through and see exactly what it takes to actually get an answer to a simple straightforward question about your tier list: why do you guys think this match up is as such?

The fact that it turned into this, is why I say that this thread is ass. And it absolutely is. Is that me being hostile? Or is it a direct response to the ridiculous handling of a question to explain a statement made you guys.

Last edited:
This thread is straight asscheeks
LOL. My dude, that is because of you. All this meta-discussion about how terrible this thread is revolves around you and your lack of patience.

We're trying our best to accommodate you, but you're making it very difficult. We've told you time and time again that we would get back to you with what you were asking for. Pardon us for losing our patience when you repeatedly ask the same question that we've already addressed.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Here is a few sources of people having the opinion on this match up. What I'm gonna be able to do for you right now on mobile is firstly pointing out that even Cold players in this thread are saying its wrong. I'll also give you a couple of high level sources on top of that

HappyPow saying Cold is one of Flash's only 3-7's
https://testyourmight.com/threads/flash-facts-matchup-discussion.64675/#post-2304496

Sonic showing how one sided this match up is vs HoneyBee's flash (from a week ago)

And here's a screenshot of Espio and TJ, two well respected players on here and both contributors to this very tier list, also questioning the logic of these numbers, to put it gently, from the other week when I mentioned on discord I couldn't even get an answer to why

Is that enough to get you to stop making excuses and just you know, explain your statements, or do I literally have to take a consensus?

To restate, again, for the thousandth time, I'm not saying you're wrong - simply asking for an explanation, it's possible you guys are entirely correct and that I might learn something new about their MU. This post just that PROOF you demanded that this is a commonly held opinion, which really is besides the point. It's fine to disagree. I was just curious why. The fact that I had to go to this length just to justify asking an explanation for a match up at all shows how trash this shit is lmao
Lmao this response is hilarious!!!!! Good shit my dude

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

God Confirm

LOL. My dude, that is because of you. All this meta-discussion about how terrible this thread is revolves around you and your lack of patience.

We're trying our best to accommodate you, but you're making it very difficult. We've told you time and time again that we would get back to you with what you were asking for. Pardon us for losing our patience when you repeatedly ask the same question that we've already addressed.

No, you didn't. You told me the opposite. At every single turn I was told I had to provide some breakdown or some argument to why your statement was wrong, just to get an answer. Time and time again. Each time I outright said I'm not trying to disagreeing and I don't have an argument and I don't even play enough to know. Each time I was met with increasing hostility and sarcasm. Even though I didn't say it was wrong.

Here's the screenshots of it so that you can stop lying.
https://i.imgur.com/UROZT3G.png

its goes on even further I cbf to keep screenshotting.

Now, here's a screenshot of what happened the one time someone actually did say they were going to answer the question

https://i.imgur.com/hW4LtKW.png

Look how easy that is.

Sorry, but this revisionist history doesn't work when everything is just a click and scroll away.

I'll very patiently wait for a response from Bacon, it's really not that big a deal, it was an interest of mine. The way you guys are getting at me for asking though is honestly fuckin absurd, especially since someone has already said they would answer it.

Last edited:

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
No worries dude, just looking for an explanation of the perspective =) I understand they are going to change in future, was simply curious why it was at 5-5 right now though is all
Ok so there was an honesty mistake regarding this number. The 5-5 was simply a place holder number that was added after the cold nerfs in order to reflect the matchup becoming easier for flash. The new number will most likely be 6-4 cold and here is a write up from one of our flash represenitaves

CC essentially controls the flash entirely with his mb puddle. Granted, if the Cold player puts the puddle down and immediately charges hit trait, flash can RMS charge at the cold and get a knockdown; however, if the Cold player moves forward just a bit, Flash can't do anything. The whole MU revolves around Cold putting down a puddle. Once colds trait reaches lvl 2, he gains even more control since Flash can't do much except to respect the trait. The only way flash wins in this MU is when the flash gets a hit before the cold puts down a puddle. Once flash gets a hit, he can go to many different setups and go nuts. The only thing Cold can do when knocked down is do his ridiculous wake up, but it's nothing that a mb forward 3 can't handle. Conclusively, if flash gets in, he's in an advantage. If cold gets a bar, flash just loses

God Confirm

Ok so there was an honesty mistake regarding this number. The 5-5 was simply a place holder number that was added after the cold nerfs in order to reflect the matchup becoming easier for flash. The new number will most likely be 6-4 cold and here is a write up from one of our flash represenitaves

CC essentially controls the flash entirely with his mb puddle. Granted, if the Cold player puts the puddle down and immediately charges hit trait, flash can RMS charge at the cold and get a knockdown; however, if the Cold player moves forward just a bit, Flash can't do anything. The whole MU revolves around Cold putting down a puddle. Once colds trait reaches lvl 2, he gains even more control since Flash can't do much except to respect the trait. The only way flash wins in this MU is when the flash gets a hit before the cold puts down a puddle. Once flash gets a hit, he can go to many different setups and go nuts. The only thing Cold can do when knocked down is do his ridiculous wake up, but it's nothing that a mb forward 3 can't handle. Conclusively, if flash gets in, he's in an advantage. If cold gets a bar, flash just loses
thanks dude, that... actually makes a lot of sense.

I found that the best way to deal with the iceblock was just accept that its staying there, and use the time to do things like spam RMS cancels for cheeky meterbuild while backdashing to reset trait countdowns. It's obviously a very unfavorable situation but at least it requires, meter and flash is so strong up close and can go right through his wake up too with f3 mixups that I can see that evening it out a bit. I'm not going to claim to play this game enough to have a strong opinion, I can see this as quite possibly being accurate, I'm not even against the idea of it being 5-5 especially the more i think about it

thanks for the easy and straight forward reply.

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy

I'm not sure about this. I played cold alot pre-nerf and flash players found ways around his puddle, it never "shut them down" and they would call it 5-5. But, thanks for all that info, it does help. I'll relay it to the cold/flash reps for discussion

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
I find this bureaucracy of "relaying the info to character reps" super weird. Obviously people have real life priorities so they can't be checking an online forum about a video game 24/7, but I'd expect some sort of presence from the actual reps answering questions (I know some are, but most are not), or at least saying they will when they have time. Imo this is what's causing a lot of the problems in this thread, and the degree of removal/ambiguity makes all the discussions you guys say you've had in the discord seem less legit. Confirm can be abrasive but he has a point, kinda feels like you guys don't want us to know how the sausage gets made.

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
I find this bureaucracy of "relaying the info to character reps" super weird. Obviously people have real life priorities so they can't be checking an online forum about a video game 24/7, but I'd expect some sort of presence from the actual reps answering questions (I know some are, but most are not), or at least saying they will when they have time. Imo this is what's causing a lot of the problems in this thread, and the degree of removal/ambiguity makes all the discussions you guys say you've had in the discord seem less legit. Confirm can be abrasive but he has a point, kinda feels like you guys don't want us to know how the sausage gets made.
Some reps aren't on tym, some aren't on twitter. Everyone lives in different time zones so not all of us are present at the same time but a good majority of us is usually there, sometimes backtracking needs to be done in multiple channels and EVEN then we have to confirm the validity of the reps statements.

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy
That's not true at all. We can't force reps to sign up here/post, this isn't a business, and none of the reps who are posting on this thread are qualified to talk about cold/flash.

God Confirm

That's not true at all. We can't force reps to sign up here/post, this isn't a business, and none of the reps who are posting on this thread are qualified to talk about cold/flash.
Personally I fully get that they don't come on here and understand having to wait. What I find weird is that people can't request information on a match up from people giving the numbers without needing to give a write up of their own. especially when you'd think the point of having "rep" is that they only have to answer questions about their own character and not the entire game. The other wierd thing is lying about it and trying to pretend that you've run all this stuff to the character reps when you didn't. It's really bizarre

Last edited:

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Some reps aren't on tym, some aren't on twitter. Everyone lives in different time zones so not all of us are present at the same time but a good majority of us is usually there, sometimes backtracking needs to be done in multiple channels and EVEN then we have to confirm the validity of the reps statements.
That may be the reality, and nothing can be done outside of "forcing" people to make a TYM account. But it does effect discourse, whether you like it or not, particularly if TYM is supposed to be the main way for people outside the reps to give their input.

If these reps who are not a part of TYM care about the work they put into this list, what's stopping them from making a throw-away account just to talk about the list? I would think they'd be dedicated and interested in their character enough to take part. Without the active conversation/clarity, this list just ends up in the same vein as ESG Jagged's weekly bonkers tier list in MKX.

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
That may be the reality, and nothing can be done outside of "forcing" people to make a TYM account. But it does effect discourse, whether you like it or not, particularly if TYM is supposed to be the main way for people outside the reps to give their input.

If these reps who are not a part of TYM care about the work they put into this list, what's stopping them from making a throw-away account just to talk about the list? I would think they'd be dedicated and interested in their character enough to take part. Without the active conversation/clarity, this list just ends up in the same vein as ESG Jagged's weekly bonkers tier list in MKX.
We try to be as accurate and efficient as we can by relaying the information for that very reason. Some people just don't want to be on TYM and they can't be blamed for it. We even pulled reps from people who no longer even bother checking this very website and they do provide input surprisingly.

I personally wish something can be done about it, but times have caught up with this place with not very many of us here left who are trying to provide for this place. This was all done on discord because it was done in real time, we posted it on tym for those very posters as well as anyone capable of providing insight on areas where we OURSELVES admit we can be wrong.

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy
Personally I fully get that don't come on here. What I find weird is that people can't request information on a match up from people giving the numbers without needing to give a write up of their own. especially when you'd think the point of having "rep" is that they only have to answer questions about their own character and not the entire game. The other wierd thing is lying about it and trying to pretend that you've run all this stuff to the character reps when you didn't. It's really bizarre
It certainly does help to get a response when someone posts a concrete evaluation of the MU, it's something the reps can take seriously rather than saying "such and such thinks your MU number is wrong, can you please write up your thought process"

As for the "not posting part" I've been diligent enough to post everyone's concerns about the MU when they've provided reasoning, and they have been acted upon everytime. I'm trying my best to fill the gap between TYM and discord...

God Confirm

It certainly does help to get a response when someone posts a concrete evaluation of the MU, it's something the reps can take seriously rather than saying "such and such thinks your MU number is wrong, can you please write up your thought process"

As for the "not posting part" I've been diligent enough to post everyone's concerns about the MU when they've provided reasoning, and they have been acted upon everytime. I'm trying my best to fill the gap between TYM and discord...
2 questions, Why would you tell them I said it was wrong at all when I said a thousand times that I dont disagree and that it's probably right and that I wouldn't know if it was right or wrong, I'm just interested in your reasoning for the match up numbers so I can get some insight into a different perspective? And second question If they can't do that why even contribute to a tier list? Like literally what's the point? Just evaporates credibility and makes it seem like the numbers were just pulled out of a hat, isn't the purpose of this list for you to share your opinion? I don't get it.

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy
2 questions, Why would you tell them I said it was wrong at all when I said a thousand times that I dont think it's wrong and that it's probably right and I'm just interested in your reasoning for the match up numbers so I can get some insight into a different perspective? And second question If they can't do that why even contribute to a tier list? Like literally what's the point? Just evaporates credibility and makes it seem like the numbers were just pulled out of a hat, isn't the purpose of these threads to start discussion? I don't get it.
Of course no one would say this person is saying such and such about the MU but they are wrong. I'm of course referring to the inner dialogue people may have.