What's new

A Character With A "Ground Pound" is Likely in The Game

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
10 seconds into this video:

https://www.eventhubs.com/images/2019/feb/14/jade-07/

The conversation had was:

16bit: She also has an air glaive that goes straight down. And that's a double one. You could use this to fake out jump ins, to jump back and if they whiff a normal you do it. It's -

Derek: - to stay in the air longer

16bit: Yea exactly, to go over ground pounds or whatever.

To me, this kind of implies that you'd want to stay in the air longer to jump over a move that you shouldn't be on the ground for or you'll get hit, like unblockable ground pounds from MK9 and MKX.

From what we've seen so far, I don't recall any characters having anything even close animation-wise to a ground pound move. Geras has a few moves where he hits the ground, but nothing that'd make sense in the context 16bit says this.

Obviously Jax comes to mind, which I'd go crazy about, but does anyone else have any other ideas on who it might be that 16bit might be referring to when he mentions this?

What's really strange... is that if you go through the leak list and combine it with all the characters most likely to get in.... none of the characters on this list really have traditional "GROUND POUND" moves:

Roster according to popular opinion at the moment:

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
I don't know about Jax. But, if Jacqui's in and he isn't, then she could definitely have a ground pound. But I wouldn't look too deep into it just yet.

There's also Shao Kahn who slams his hammer down I think (would that be considered a ground pound?)
I think Shao Kahn would be way more likely to have a ground pound in the traditional sense.

Thinking back, Jacqui did have a ground pound in MKX in a variation, but it was a low for her from the air, not an unblockable in the traditional MK way.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
Thinking back, Jacqui did have a ground pound in MKX in a variation, but it was a low for her from the air, not an unblockable in the traditional MK way.
That's true, but stuff like that could always change/evolve so I guess we'll just have to wait and see. If Jax isn't in I feel like it would make sense to give some of his moves to her. I wouldn't mind that.

Though, to be truthful, this might just be me hoping to not see Jax because I always found him kind of...bleh. I was never really drawn to him, and I'm hoping a highly redesigned Jacqui will be a solid replacement in a way.

They could give her his ground pound and projectile, and make her mech gloves a bit bulkier and dope looking. I wouldn't be mad at that personally.

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
Doesn't confirm anyone new imo. Anyone with a hover move could also get a ground pound out of that. We saw new moves for Baraka today, so maybe Geras also has one, would be fitting.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
I belive Dab's leak (the one with Jax and Shang) got debunked, as it seems the guy wasn't actually banned and he just couldn't go. I might be wrong though.

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
Yeah, lots of characters have ground pounds. Doesn't War God Kotal have one off one of his low swords? (shameful I don't know that, but I only ever play Blood and Sun God).

I expect we'll see more of them thanks to gear moves too. I wouldn't use the existence of ground pounds as a indicator one particular character or another is in the game.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Well ground pound type moves in MK games can usually be dealt with on reaction in a variety of ways can't they? Using air glaives to get around them wouldn't really be a big deal for that.

Inb4 this is who/what they mean though