What's new

A challenge to the UMK3 players of TYM

Fromundaman

I write too much.
There's a Zod player at arcade legacy that sent Mustard loads of hilarious ragemail online.

It was like, the funniest thing ever. he was being racist about us being from the UK, but saying stuff like "Family guy was right about you" LOL
Oh god.... Is it sad that I know exactly who you're talking about? I forget his online tag but he goes by MPII offline.

He tends to speak/type before thinking and be a bit quick to anger (Which leads to me doing a lot of damage control so that all of the FGC for every game doesn't end up hating our scene). Hell he's the one who spiked the controller he was borrowing from me into the ground when our Local Raven player beat him (And I was working the stream station and missed it! GAH!).

It's kind of funny that he was being racist to you guys though; I'm pretty much the only one who puts up with him at AL and I'm also European. You would think that would temper the racism...

But yeah... Please don't judge our scene based on him... Please? The rest of us are pretty cool people (Although I admit we may be Salt Central Station here.).

EDIT:

I would but I can't get out there until around 9:00 or 9:15 normally because I have my kids.
Understandable. I know the Injustice and Marvel crowds are usually still around at that time but can't say for anyone else.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Oh god.... Is it sad that I know exactly who you're talking about? I forget his online tag but he goes by MPII offline.

He tends to speak/type before thinking and be a bit quick to anger (Which leads to me doing a lot of damage control so that all of the FGC for every game doesn't end up hating our scene). Hell he's the one who spiked the controller he was borrowing from me into the ground when our Local Raven player beat him (And I was working the stream station and missed it! GAH!).

It's kind of funny that he was being racist to you guys though; I'm pretty much the only one who puts up with him at AL and I'm also European. You would think that would temper the racism...

But yeah... Please don't judge our scene based on him... Please? The rest of us are pretty cool people (Although I admit we may be Salt Central Station here.).

EDIT:

Understandable. I know the Injustice and Marvel crowds are usually still around at that time but can't say for anyone else.
I'm a NRS player in the UK, I know better than to judge a whole scene based on one person!

No worries, if his local scene get annoyed by him too, it makes me feel a lot better :DOGE

nwo

Noob
6:56 from selecting Smoke to the last hit on Shao
That's funny. It's like when you get babied / friendshipped, how you can dump coins in to skip to the character selection screen faster, and pretend it never happened LOL.

Reactions: ZAQ

PND_Ketchup

I have my time as the one to beat for Arcade, but if you'd rather I keep that category as Cabinet only, then just let me know.

Only have it there because I didn't use Toasty Skip in the original time I had.

nwo

Noob
I have a Kung Lao 8:15 with no coin trick, while still making a handful of errors. I might post it, as my final speed run. I'm now certain Lao can beat 8:00 though.

PND_Ketchup

I have a Kung Lao 8:15 with no coin trick, while still making a handful of errors. I might post it, as my final speed run. I'm now certain Lao can beat 8:00 though.
Throw it my way and I'll update it for ya :)

DWednesday

Undisputed #1 ScrubBot Worldwide.
*DWednesday jumps in to add his 2 cents*

Okay, serious strat time, folks...

90 seconds left on the in game clock is possible at the end of a round (as seen in @PND_Ketchup's most recent video (first match, first round, vs. Scorpion) using aaJK, TPU, JK, Air throw, then the jump back AI exploit, TPU, JK, Air throw.)
However, this is only likely to happen vs. the 1st (and maybe the 2nd) opponent on the tower, due to the AI's reactions becoming more "alert" after this.

After this, 88 seconds left on the clock is your "optimized" time (unless someone can get something better :D) using the jump back AI exploit, TPU, burst aaHP, JK, Air throw twice over.

The endurance matches have the same strats as the normal matches, however due to the way the in-game timer resets, it's possible to take out the 2nd (and 3rd) opponent of the team with 89 seconds left on the clock.

I have 0 things to add for the bosses at the moment considering I'm pretty useless against them :D

Misc things: TOASTY SKIP EVERYTHING POSSIBLE, ALWAYS, MASH DAT COIN BUTTON!!

Also, I think running in with standing HK,or jumping in with a JK, after the killing Air throw, may or may not be faster that running in with a knee. However, I haven't tested this, and to be fair, will only be saving fractions of seconds if it is anyway.

And that's it.
Thanks if you managed to make it to end.

Anyone got any thoughts/improvements? I do hope so.

DWednesday, peacing out.
Xx

Last edited:

PND_Ketchup

*DWednesday jumps in to add his 2 cents*

Okay, serious strat time, folks...

90 seconds left on the in game clock is possible at the end of a round (as seen in @PND_Ketchup's most recent video (first match, first round, vs. Scorpion) using aaJK, TPU, JK, Air throw, then the jump back AI exploit, TPU, JK, Air throw.)
However, this is only likely to happen vs. the 1st (and maybe the 2nd) opponent on the tower, due to the AI's reactions becoming more "alert" after this.

After this, 88 seconds left on the clock is your "optimized" time (unless someone can get something better :D) using the jump back AI exploit, TPU, burst aaHP, JK, Air throw twice over.

The endurance matches have the same strats as the normal matches, however due to the way the in-game timer resets, it's possible to take out the 2nd (and 3rd) opponent of the team with 89 seconds left on the clock.

I have 0 things to add for the bosses at the moment considering I'm pretty useless against them :D

Misc things: TOASTY SKIP EVERYTHING POSSIBLE, ALWAYS, MASH DAT COIN BUTTON!!

Also, I think running in with standing HK,or jumping in with a JK, after the killing Air throw, may or may not be faster that running in with a knee. However, I haven't tested this, and to be fair, will only be saving fractions of seconds if it is anyway.

And that's it.
Thanks if you managed to make it to end.

Anyone got any thoughts/improvements? I do hope so.

DWednesday, peacing out.
Xx
Starting with JK TU into HP JK air throw is your perfect match really, two cycles and it's the fastest way you'll finish a game. It's great when that happens!

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
Sorry I just saw this! This is what I used to get the new WR with Robo Smoke.

Turns out, hk,hk will do the same job as what we see in your video. Great find!
We used to do it all the time back in the arcade days, you can do it with a lot of different characters. In some cases there are some pretty funny follow ups jeje

PND_Ketchup

We used to do it all the time back in the arcade days, you can do it with a lot of different characters. In some cases there are some pretty funny follow ups jeje
I lived in a tiny town with no arcade machines in sight, never had the chance to play UMK3 the original way ;.;

ded

Elder God
kung lao can beat the game for like 5 or 6 mins i believe. just knock the foe down, jump straight up so the opponent jumps to you, and perform the no dp inf.

nwo

Noob
kung lao can beat the game for like 5 or 6 mins i believe. just knock the foe down, jump straight up so the opponent jumps to you, and perform the no dp inf.
If you do the coin skip maybe, I know he can beat 8 minutes without the coin skip. I was able to do 8:17 which can be beat.

At first I was doing his spin infinite vs every character then I found that his huge auto combo is more efficient.

nwo

Noob
I might be with this new UMK3 Speed Run World Record 7:12-7:14 that I got on MAME a little while ago. I got the record without using that stupid "Toasty Skip Coin Slot Strategy" too. That strategy shouldn't count on Twin Galaxies record site for MK3 or UMK3. Here's the vid:
I chose not to use the coin skip method also. I think it's safe to say that Robo Smoke is the fastest, but I'm confident that Lao can dip below the 8:00 mark as well.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I might be with this new UMK3 Speed Run World Record 7:12-7:14 that I got on MAME a little while ago. I got the record without using that stupid "Toasty Skip Coin Slot Strategy" too. That strategy shouldn't count on Twin Galaxies record site for MK3 or UMK3. Here's the vid:
What is wrong with the coin skip method? Every speed run utilizes what the game allows, and glitches are usually crucial in getting world record speeds in most speed runs. Regardless, you should post in this thread: http://testyourmight.com/threads/a-challenge-to-the-umk3-players-of-tym.45967/