What's new

A challenge to the UMK3 players of TYM

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
I just did 8:56 using a new tactic I discovered (with Lao), but I'm confident I can get significantly faster because I had some bad luck, Reptile went invisible (forever) and I did terrible vs Motaro.
Can Kung Lao use the same teleport tactic then?

Would love to see a video!

nwo

Noob
Can Kung Lao use the same teleport tactic then?

Would love to see a video!
The teleport really only works vs Motaro.

I can upload my 8:56 video, but its so freakin sloppy since I just dramatically changed tactics tonight. After watching the video I think I could easily knock off another 30 seconds maybe even an entire minute, in the near future.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Oh man you've made me wanna try and get the quickest time I possibly can but once I hit those 2 opponents in one fight it easily takes me forever to finish it off lmao.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
As for Kahn, he is definitely a run killer, I think there's a 1 in 3 chance he'll open with the upward tackle, instantly leading to his demise in that round because of the uppercut, spear his wake up, wait a little, uppercut, repeat until dead loop. Also, alot of H.Smoke juggles are doable on Kahn too, so maybe something can be done with those?
Always always walk back at the beginning of the round vs Kahn... if he does upward charge, you crouch and he whiffs... if he does forward charge, it whiffs and you combo him... if he does a fireball, duck it.

EDIT: You can also do a ground combo on him and walk back and if he does a charge, it will whiff and you get another combo. As long as he keeps charging, you keep kicking his ass for free.

Last edited:

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Oh man you've made me wanna try and get the quickest time I possibly can but once I hit those 2 opponents in one fight it easily takes me forever to finish it off lmao.

PND_Ketchup

Always always walk back at the beginning of the round vs Kahn... if he does upward charge, you crouch and he whiffs... if he does forward charge, it whiffs and you combo him... if he does a fireball, duck it.
Basically, all his shit can be wiff punished by Spear.

Just gotta be ready to get DEM REACTIONS ON

nwo

Noob
Ok here's my VERY sloppy Kung Lao 8:56 playthrough. What I learned tonight is, instead of going for the infinite vs every character every round. It's faster to just land a spin, begin the infinite HP, Dive Kick then stop let and the opponent fall, jump straight up in the air and the AI should crouch. Then do Lao's huge drop in auto-combo with an HK starter.

This time can be improved upon greatly I assure you. Can Lao match Robo Smoke? Probably not, but it MAY be possible to beat 8:00.

PND_Ketchup

Ok here's my VERY sloppy Kung Lao 8:56 playthrough. What I learned tonight is, instead of going for the infinite vs every character every round. It's faster to just land a spin, begin the infinite HP, Dive Kick then stop let and the opponent fall, jump straight up in the air and the AI should crouch. Then do Lao's huge drop in auto-combo with an HK starter.

This time can be improved upon greatly I assure you. Can Lao match Robo Smoke? Probably not, but it MAY be possible to beat 8:00.

Added! :)

PND_Ketchup

You should swing by Arcade Legacy on Thursdays! We have people playing just about every fighting game you can think of there.
There's a Zod player at arcade legacy that sent Mustard loads of hilarious ragemail online.

It was like, the funniest thing ever. he was being racist about us being from the UK, but saying stuff like "Family guy was right about you" LOL

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Great idea. I'm free to recording nerves though and I don't really have any good recording equipment anyway, so I might have to pussy out on this one. :(

Can you use R.Smoke & H.Smoke?
And is there an end date for this or is it ongoing?

I my try to get down.
You mean switching to H.Smoke in the middle of the run? I don't see why not. Hell, how about someone going for a hella masochistic Shang attempt? :16Bit

PND_Ketchup

He played a hack though, that's not UMK3.
That's UMK3:Zeus Edition, the tower is not standardized.
But yeah, Ketchups is lower anyway.
I submitted it anyway.

But yeah, I have both the hacked version and the regualar version on my PC, so I made sure to use the one that hadn't been tampered with for my run. I reckon we should set that as the format to do attempts for IMO.