What's new

A buff idea for Fearless Kitana.

It's obvious that this variation of Kitana needs something. General changes will only buff Highborne and overshadow her other two variations. I think the best way to help her here is to give her ways to make her stray hits matter more.

So I suggest making her Fan-nado have an amp that works similar to Subzero's amped iceball. It could start up and move faster across the screen. But it doesn't need to crush projectiles.

This would allow b231 to have a presence mid screen and open up better juggles for her after her krushing blows.

Thoughts on this?

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Honestly, Kitana is just a mess of a design. If anything, her normals are what needs adjusted moreso than her specials. However, no matter what you do, this will indirectly buff Highborn.

Which is a shame, really, given that her “best” variation is boring as sin and doesn’t even allow for much in the way of combos or access to any Krushing Blows besides the uppercut.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Honestly, Kitana is just a mess of a design. If anything, her normals are what needs adjusted moreso than her specials. However, no matter what you do, this will indirectly buff Highborn.

Which is a shame, really, given that her “best” variation is boring as sin and doesn’t even allow for much in the way of combos or access to any Krushing Blows besides the uppercut.
b+1,4,2 is a solid krushing blow. Sai stab is situational but has its uses.

The Kitana community is spoiled and ungrateful. She already received major buffs in the last patch. I am not defending the variation system in any way, shape, or form, but the vast majority of characters have a distinguishable variation. Kitana is no different.

As far as "boring" is concerned, have you seen all the buff threads? Lots of Kitana players want faster mid strings and krushing blows on both throws. Very original ideas.

The fact is that Kitana is designed as a zoning and footsies character. She is similar to Cetrion and Johnny Cage in the sense that she lacks fast mid strings and krushing blows on throws so she heavily relies on special moves. Ignoring some massive yet unlikely buffs to the special moves in Fan-Fare and Fearless, Highborn has and always will have the best special moves by design because this variation combines zoning with anti-zoning and pressure.