What's new

A brother says, "I WANT THIS BROTHER BACK!" to a previous Champ

Vithar

Evil but Honest!
By that logic then anyone but Sonicfox wouldn't be sponsored.

Side note: Sponsorships have almost nothing to do with winning. They have to do with getting high profile players who are well known and get a following. Winning is only one way to do that. That's why you see commentators or streamers getting sponsored past solid tournament players. Don't talk about something you know nothing about.
You are the one having no clue.

Shaka

Tier Whore.
If cdjr wasn't ugly af maybe the gays would be interested

But trying to fight people who question your homophobic beliefs is pretty homophobic
Grow a thicker skin, I'm hispanic everywhere I go people see me as a criminal and a rapist... I just learn to deal with it.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Are you trolling or something or did he really say something homophobic against you?

Because if you're trolling it's shit tier trolling to use a subject like that for amusement.
Nope not trolling. He thinks two guys together is fucked up, I told him that kind of stuff is disrespectful to me, and he got in my face and tried to fight me for disrespecting his beliefs to be a homophobe

So till he apologizes I'm gonna call him out or sock him if he does it again

Tweedy

Noob
Obviously Reo and CDjr used to win tournaments, but it's different now. EVO's used to be played for entry fees in this community, now there's 10k, 20k and 50k pot bonuses, with potentially 200k-300k mega events at the end of them. Not as easy as it used to be.

Reo is far from washed up tho, considering that.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I would give anything to see the CD brothers and New York back on top.

I'll be here in the lab on Pelham Bay if you boys ever want some new fire to burn down the city with.

#NewYorkWillRiseAgain

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
After MK9 Cdjr moved on to KI and dominated that community for a long time before Rico moved up. He did nothing, but bash IJ1 and MKX a lot of the time. My belief is that he simply doesn't like the direction NRS is going so he isn't as passionate about these games. I say that because its how I feel personally. I've become less and less interested with each NRS release since MK9.

The guy has shown he knows how to win in multiple games.....if he cares about said game.

jmt

Noob
After MK9 Cdjr moved on to KI and dominated that community for a long time before Rico moved up. He did nothing, but bash IJ1 and MKX a lot of the time. My belief is that he simply doesn't like the direction NRS is going so he isn't as passionate about these games. I say that because its how I feel personally. I've become less and less interested with each NRS release since MK9.

The guy has shown he knows how to win in multiple games.....if he cares about said game.
I love where NRS games are going. MKX and inj2 are way better than mk9 and inj1.

Skedar70

Noob
From what I have seen on streams I honestly don't like CDjr. Hes kind of a douchy guy and his current game doesn't back him up. A little of an excuse maker. He said sonic fox wouldn't win combo breaker and that is why sonic mentioned him in his win speech.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
Different eras have different stars. I dont know if cdjr has the same passion for this game as MK9 and KI. My guess is no.

It is always cool to see some past stars pop up and do well though. Slips with Scorpion in MK9 (hell, and Deathstroke) was awesome to watch - I still remember his classic set with Dizzy, one of my favorite in all of MK9. And JOP who placed 3rd (I believe) at the first MK9 Evo with Cage... I had thought he was long since retired from competition.

Without true passion, there is nothing to bring out the fire in a past champion though. Particularly with cdjr, and KI, he showed that he can be the best on the planet. I dont really think he has anything to prove anymore unless he seriously enjoys a game.