What's new

A brother says, "I WANT THIS BROTHER BACK!" to a previous Champ

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Every Mortal Kombat or Injustice title has had its Champs. Recently, meaning the last few years, it's been SonicFox. Before Sonic reigned, there were a few names in particular that we heard often. During the time of Mortal Kombat 9, both REO and CD Jr were it. Not anymore.

I believe this has been felt through the community for some time and last night, I saw a post that lit those feelings up to their most raw form. Below, is a post by @Maxter , who was a Legendary Cyrax player during Mortal Kombat 9. Maxter is of the "Crazy Dominican Brothers" or "CD Bros", along with @CRAZY DOMINICAN and @CD jr .

bb1.png
Source: Maxter's Facebook

CD Jr is pictured above as he won Killer Instinct at EVO. CD Jr once defined characters like Jax and Rain.

It's time we start seeing CD Jr stomp the ground again... but will it happen?

Last edited:

Vithar

Evil but Honest!
I remember in MKX , i was watching Reo's Stream 1 day and asked him ''Why do you play Jason?''.
He answered me - Because he is fun.

At this stage of the game Jason was the bottom of the bottom and Reo was in YOMI , the strongest MKX Team at this time.
A serious person that is considered professional would never pick ''x'' for fun , but pick ''y'' because its TOP.
I don't know whats wrong with this guy , he was the most respected person for me in MK9 and huge inspiration for every Kabal player.
Since IGAU - he is becoming ''BRADY Version2'' step by step.

About CDJR , after his accomplishments in MK9 and KI , he started to act like a GOD.
Such people fall fast and they never rise again.

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
I remember in MKX , i was watching Reo's Stream 1 day and asked him ''Why do you play Jason?''.
He answered me - Because he is fun.

At this stage of the game Jason was the bottom of the bottom and Reo was in YOMI , the strongest MKX Team at this time.
A serious person that is considered professional would never pick ''x'' for fun , but pick ''y'' because its TOP.
I don't know whats wrong with this guy , he was the most respected person for me in MK9 and huge inspiration for every Kabal player.
Since IGAU - he is becoming ''BRADY Version2'' step by step.

About CDJR , after his accomplishments in MK9 and KI , he started to act like a GOD.
Such people fall fast and they never rise again.
He was still placing with jason though..

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Felt like this was a low key blow on reo....that picture is talking about cd jr only ....why u gotta mention reo tf
No. When CD Jr was reigning, REO was too so why wouldn't I mention him? If I didn't mention him you'd say, "DAMN, no mention of REO??? WTF".

I've always been a huge REO fan, still am.

Anyway, I was hoping CD would start surfacing again at Combo Breaker.. :(

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
I miss Maximo on stream, always entertaining to watch. Like the time he pulled out stryker during one of the top 8's in MK9

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
When you ''work'' and get paid for it - you don't just do it for the ''fun'' and to ''place'' , you do it to win by any means or just get replaced.
Oh im sorry, i didn't know you knew the details of yomi or a sponsorship or how it worked. Lets all listen and follow your advice because thats totally all that matters in a sponsorship.

Vithar

Evil but Honest!
Oh im sorry, i didn't know you knew the details of yomi or a sponsorship or how it worked. Lets all listen and follow your advice because thats totally all that matters in a sponsorship.
I've been sponsored in multiple games since the Starcraft era dude , i know how things work and i can smell when someone is bullsh*ting and when someone is doing his job.

Phased

Noob
When you ''work'' and get paid for it - you don't just do it for the ''fun'' and to ''place'' , you do it to win by any means or just get replaced.

it doesn't work like that. it's a video game, and if you aren't having fun playing a character you also won't do as well. if michael jordan hated basketball he wound be good at it.

and certain top characters may not fit you. mk9 there were a million kabals. none of them were winning aside from reo.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
By that logic then anyone but Sonicfox wouldn't be sponsored.

Side note: Sponsorships have almost nothing to do with winning. They have to do with getting high profile players who are well known and get a following. Winning is only one way to do that. That's why you see commentators or streamers getting sponsored past solid tournament players. Don't talk about something you know nothing about.