What's new

9-1s do exist in this game

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
What difference does it make? Every fighting game has terrible match ups like this. It's just a consequence of having such a diverse cast of characters that (generally) all have very different play styles.

Not saying NRS doesn't need to level up their character balancing (they very much need to do so), but you guys are freaking out over nothing.

Spletty

Grandmaster
Idk if it was a joke or not but how the hell do you go into the negatives (12/-2) or whatever maxter said. Sorry if I sound ignorant.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

Jade vs Kenshi is definately one of the most fucked up MUs in the game. If we're using 9-1s, this MU would be my first suggestion.

Maxter

Noob
It's sheeva lmao
lol it is not sheeva, if it was sheeva, this would be a direct insult to my good friend digimon, sheeva kenshi is not that bad really my darling.

It's okay. They will have no reason to commit suicide when Kabal is available for them as a secondary. Kabal is the cure to the blind one.

As Riu48 once said; "6-4 Kabal".
I know champ, but i'm afraid, some players are so passionate for their characters, that they can't use anyone else for their bad matchups, they just want buffs for their char and nerfs for the characters that kick their arses. These players are deeply engaged with their chars like a kid to their toys, sometimes some of these players make their character look worse really and blame it all "on him or her " sorry can't give a hint, it might be male or female.....
Sometimes they even talk like if they joined together in holy matrimony with these toons.
I'm really concerned man, idk what do to help these people, we need everyone on these forums to help this players on this state of mind for when this character affected on this bad matchup on the 12-(-2) or somethng is revealed.
Do we have any good psychiatrists on these forums with a PHD btw? if there is any please send me a message to my mail and and give me some tips on how to approach these member of the community, i don't wanna feel responsible for whatever happen.
Adios!

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I'm not a tournament expert, but I do like to consider myself (to a knowledgable degree) a learned Sub player since I've played him the longest out of anyone minus Cyrax, and Kenshi VS Sub HAS to be an 8-2. At the least.

Kenshi has literally no reason to go near him. He can hit him from any range with specials.
Sub has no way to close that distance except Slides that result in either A) utter punishment pain if blocked, B) giving Kenshi an excuse to armor out up-close if he's hit with a regular Slide, or C) getting a teeny bit of damage with an EX Slide and putting Kenshi at a distance where he wants to be. And since he can Reflect Freezes, zoning is impossible. And even if he doesn't, he can just as easily hold Block until Sub moves within punishing distance since they do no chip damage.

Ken's too much for Sub. Hands down.

Tolkeen

/wrists
I'm not a tournament expert, but I do like to consider myself (to a knowledgable degree) a learned Sub player since I've played him the longest out of anyone minus Cyrax, and Kenshi VS Sub HAS to be an 8-2. At the least.

Kenshi has literally no reason to go near him. He can hit him from any range with specials.
Sub has no way to close that distance except Slides that result in either A) utter punishment pain if blocked, B) giving Kenshi an excuse to armor out up-close if he's hit with a regular Slide, or C) getting a teeny bit of damage with an EX Slide and putting Kenshi at a distance where he wants to be. And since he can Reflect Freezes, zoning is impossible. And even if he doesn't, he can just as easily hold Block until Sub moves within punishing distance since they do no chip damage.

Ken's too much for Sub. Hands down.
1) your yellow text makes quoting you a fucking eye sore.
2) Get in like kenshi has to get in on Kabal, dash block...or if you prefer, dash duck. Teleflurry is a high, and tks is easy to fuzzy guard. If sliding is the only option you can see, you're doing it wrong.
3) Get him in the corner, and don't be dumb. You know he has armor, you know he's gonna use it. Just bait it, because a meterless kenshi is an easily cornered kenshi.

If this match is 8-2 (at least) then Kabal vs Kenshi is 8-2 also.

Flagg

Noob
I'm quite reknowned for using "bad characters". I do think Kano could be the worst. Him or Sheeva. Jade and Baraka are better than both of them, fact. Stryker probably has potential to be decent as well (surprised I havent used him yet, lol!)

Seriously, play around with Jax in the lab, using up close grab pressure, then switch to Kano, and you'll notice how bad NRS made his normals (along with his now, nerfed knives).

Lulzlou

Noob
shout outs to training mode warriors

I shall gather the Training Mode army and lead them to victory... or to tournaments to see how they actually do.

In all seriousness if you think kabal is easy mode the day after you pick him up, keep playing him. You'll either realize how hard it is to be a top level kabal or get frustrated to the point where you blame the game or character, not yourself.

There could be 9-1s in this game... There probably were in ST, and that game is well-respected. We really should agree on what 6-4, 7-3, etc. means before calling anything 9-1 though. Just my thoughts.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
1) your yellow text makes quoting you a fucking eye sore.
2) Get in like kenshi has to get in on Kabal, dash block...or if you prefer, dash duck. Teleflurry is a high, and tks is easy to fuzzy guard. If sliding is the only option you can see, you're doing it wrong.
3) Get him in the corner, and don't be dumb. You know he has armor, you know he's gonna use it. Just bait it, because a meterless kenshi is an easily cornered kenshi.

If this match is 8-2 (at least) then Kabal vs Kenshi is 8-2 also.
I would never say Kenshi vs Kabal is 8 - 2. I think it's 6 - 4, but I can easily see others' argument that it's 5 - 5. However, I will disagree here and say that Kenshi vs Sub is definitely 7 - 3 or 8 - 2.

Tolkeen

/wrists
I would never say Kenshi vs Kabal is 8 - 2. I think it's 6 - 4, but I can easily see others' argument that it's 5 - 5. However, I will disagree here and say that Kenshi vs Sub is definitely 7 - 3 or 8 - 2.
I'd go as far as 7-3, but Boxy was saying it's either 8-2 or 9-1, and that's just shenanigans.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I'd go as far as 7-3, but Boxy was saying it's either 8-2 or 9-1, and that's just shenanigans.
I want it to be untrue. I really do. But unless we're talking the best Sub ever carved out of ice, I don't see how.
I mean, the matchup numbers and the 7-3/8-2/etc. kind of take it out of context, but to sum it up, out of every lopsided matchup there is in the game, I'd say Sub V Kenshi is easily in the top 5.
And that's not even factoring in the whole stage size variable. On Rooftop Day...GG, Kenshi.
Sub has nothing at his disposal to really strike fear into an on-pojnt, top-tier Kenshi player. Whereas Sub is gonna be eating chip all day while he's being kept out, and punished for any teeny slip-up he makes.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
To give you people an idea, Yun (pre nerf) vs Dhalsim was supposed to be a 9-1.

This is what a 9-1 (or maybe 8-2) looks like.

(The video should start around the 21 minute mark).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=1Vx48kvPssE#t=1286s

Yes, the Yun is Daigo but if you start the video from the beginning you can see how Daigo's supposedly better character Ryu fares against the same Dhalsim.

Is there really any matchup in MK9 which is as one sided as the Yun - Dhalsim matchup? I think not.
lol, this looks more like the character that has 1-9 chance to win is likely to do 10% damage and get 90% instead, than take 1 game and lose 9 instead.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
9-1's for Kabal? That's harsh.
8-2's? Absolutely.
There are characters in this game that simply were not meant to deal with a full-speed Kabal.

Another good optimistic quote: "60% of the time it works every time"
"It's called 'Sex Panther'...it's illegal in nine countries..."