What's new

Combo Video - Cyrax 73% Not Guaranteed Reset Combo for Cyrax (IS Guaranteed Again Now!)

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
here's current up to date, 73% off a JiK with an inescapable reset in the middle, for 1 bar

tech works again now that we use a different reset

everything in the spoiler is old stuff that didnt quite work like we originally thought, but left the working up anyway
When I was labbing out best Smoke combo's I discovered his JiK was his highest damage opener... figured something similar might be possible with Cyrax, but it was even better than I expected.

There is a reset, but this combo uses @scarsunseen 's guaranteed reset tech, where the net hits them high enough that they cannot jump out, or backdash (corner anyway but its whatever) or anything, and the only way out is by successfully making the 1f block link or nailing a VERY tight window with double armor or invul. You can read more bout that here https://testyourmight.com/threads/2-bar-inescapable-55-reset.60326/

EDIT: was unaware that diagonal jumping had better frames than neutral jumping. Reset not guaranteed

Obviously JiK your opponent in the corner isn't the most practical opener, and it's even less practical for Cyrax than it is for Smoke due to the nature of the characters knockdown and tools... But meh it's game winning damage, and can be easily looped into another double bomb set-up, so worth posting about

35%+34% = 69%

that reset conversion combo ender is super impractical and really hard, but that was only way I could find to squeeze out that last 1% after all that scaling, I wanted to see that it is possible. There is a crapton of ways to get 33% without too much drama at all, so in reality this is more like 68% combo, but yeah

and you can sacrifice 2% damage from that to loop EASILY into another HTB

If you are having trouble with the execution
and if you want to make these combo's even easier
you can drop the 114 after the JK and replace with S3 to guarantee that you get nice high net (can be kinda tricky off 114, I didn't get it perfect even in the vid) at the cost of 3% damage
and you can forget the close ground bomb into 21 off the reset conversion and just go straight into close air bomb uppercut for real easy execution on the HTB set-up and that just costs you another 2%

but yeah thats just the options, realistically it's not too hard to get 66% into double bomb set-up into flawless victory at all if you land a JiK

also please excuse the laggy recording i dont know wtf is going on with shadowplay i need new tech

EDIT: juggle into net MIGHT not be high enough to quite guarantee the reset, use S3 instead of 114 if you want to make sure you got a high enough net

Last edited:

God Confirm

I know you said that this beats jumping, but is the opponent set to jump in these videos? Looks like it's hitting pretty late after they land.
thats my timing on it like I said, its tricky, and I only really learned this today so haven't practiced. You can get it higher than I did in the vid and I'm pretty sure if you hit them high enough you can do it perfectly, but if its an issue, you can just swap 114 for S3 to guarantee get them high enough in the net like crazy high, at the cost of 3% damage tho

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
thats my timing on it like I said, its tricky, and I only really learned this today so haven't practiced. You can get it higher than I did in the vid and I'm pretty sure if you hit them high enough you can do it perfectly, but if its an issue, you can just swap 114 for S3 to guarantee get them high enough in the net like crazy high, at the cost of 3% damage tho
So does that mean they are set to jump or they aren't? :p

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
Ill test once I've finished some errands.

Great find ill give this a go!
That's not what I'm saying though, I'm literally just asking if the opponent is set to jump in these videos because it looks like they hit the floor early enough to jump out, I'm looking for clarification. :)

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
That's not what I'm saying though, I'm literally just asking if the opponent is set to jump in these videos because it looks like they hit the floor early enough to jump out, I'm looking for clarification. :)
Setting to jump is faulty, one must set to diagonal jump.
Neutral jump takes too many frames. Back-jump would probably get caught by the hitbox, so I'd assume forward jump?

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
Setting to jump is faulty, one must set to diagonal jump.
Neutral jump takes too many frames. Back-jump would probably get caught by the hitbox, so I'd assume forward jump?
Yes, diagonal jump, that's the only jump people use to get out of Cyrax so I just say jump.

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
they are not set to jump
Sorry if I seem picky, but with the title of the thread being "guaranteed reset combo" I hoped that's what would have been displayed in the videos. Is there a way you can record this with opponents being set to jump and this still working?

I feel like with the sheer volume of Cyrax training mode videos that go around it's super important to players that are interested in picking this character up that we clear up and simplify what they see!

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Yes, diagonal jump, that's the only jump people use to get out of Cyrax so I just say jump.
Ah I see. Usually when people say "jump" I assume they mean "jump", but I suppose the logic makes sense. My apologies for misunderstanding.
That being said, though, isn't there a safe option to abuse people looking to jump out that just resets back into the set-up? Rather interesting if the set-up leads into a 33/33/33 guessing game of sorts.

God Confirm

Sorry if I seem picky, but with the title of the thread being "guaranteed reset combo" I hoped that's what would have been displayed in the videos. Is there a way you can record this with opponents being set to jump and this still working?

I feel like with the sheer volume of Cyrax training mode videos that go around it's super important to players that are interested in picking this character up that we clear up and simplify what they see!
well, i did include an explanation that the reset combo i used is hard as shit, and seriously impractical, i dont even think it works on some females, i just wanted to show the damage that was POSSIBLE off the reset cause this is mostly swag anyway, was hard enough doin it at all i wasnt gonna reset the combo until i got a perfect juggle height and nailed the reset timing.

i also included a LINK to scar's thread where that specific tech was discovered and discussed, 6 months old

or if this is about this combo specifically and ppl feel the juggle isn't getting high enough for them to execute the inescapable reset, use S3 instead of 114 and it DEFINITELY gets high enough extremely easily, i even mentioned this in the OP. Im not tryna spoonfeed anybody i found this combo yesterday and ppl asked me to post a video of it, i now know what yall know, ppl

i think you are focusing on the wrong thing, the reset in particular that I'm using is not new stuff and not at all what this thread is about. it's really just the sweet high damage off a JiK that I posted this thread for, the video was just a bonus little visual of one of many ways of doin it

Ah I see. Usually when people say "jump" I assume they mean "jump", but I suppose the logic makes sense. My apologies for misunderstanding.
That being said, though, isn't there a safe option to abuse people looking to jump out that just resets back into the set-up? Rather interesting if the set-up leads into a 33/33/33 guessing game of sorts.
there is plenty, but even then its not necessary to change, because if you execute correctly jumping out does nothing

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
Yup, there are a few easy options if an opponent just wants to jump out all game.

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
i think you are focusing on the wrong thing, the reset in particular that I'm using is not new stuff and not at all what this thread is about. it's really just the sweet high damage off a JiK that I posted this thread for, the video was just a bonus little visual of one of many ways of doin it
That's probably it, I'm focusing on the actual reset itself whereas this is about the damage. NVM :)

God Confirm

That's probably it, I'm focusing on the actual reset itself whereas this is about the damage. NVM :)
i labbed it ages ago, I know if you get them high enough with the net, there is a recovery period once they hit the ground that u can time your bomb to hit on (and your overhead just before) and no jump out will stuff it

it was pretty tight tho

but its a shitload easier with throw i think. ill put up some throw conversions, and that original video you requested of this combo catching a jump out, sometime tomorrow bro

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
Yea, what Mustard said. You definitely have to set your opponent to auto jump forward or backwards when testing the HTB combos. (Also test against backdashes like Kano, Shinnok, and Triborg. Triborg gets out of Cyrax's HTB setups with backdash due to elevated hitbox..) You could also do the setup in the video with an NJP instead of B1 to help prevent your opponent from jumping out.

Last edited:

God Confirm

Yea, what Mustard said. You definitely have to set your opponent to auto jump forward or backwards when testing the HTB combos. (Also test against backdashes like Kano, Shinnok, and Triborg. Triborg gets out of Cyrax's HTB setups with backdash due to elevated hitbox..) You could also do the setup in the video with an NJP instead of B1 to help prevent your opponent from jumping out.
fo sure, il lget on it

God Confirm

i tested now with diagonal jump, didnt know that was faster. You can definitely get out by jumping. My B. Not guaranteed at all. Dope damage meterless but that's where it ends.

@CrazyFingers you mind locking or deleting this? It's extremely misleading and full of misinformation (from me)

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
i tested now with diagonal jump, didnt know that was faster. You can definitely get out by jumping. My B. Not guaranteed at all. Dope damage meterless but that's where it ends.

@CrazyFingers you mind locking or deleting this? It's extremely misleading and full of misinformation (from me)
If you time it perfectly, they can NOT jump out of it and it IS guaranteed.