What's new

7 Changes to MK11 - TrueUnderdawg wishlist

I think I'd agree with all of the changes except the uppercut seems slightly unnecessary.

What's everyone's thoughts?

• Combine both wakeup attacks into one, but make more easily punishable
  • Make throw escape only one option.
  • Make uppercuts slower but jumpkick invincible.
  • Make FB stupid punishable, no full screen FB, freeze frame startup (like injustice)
  • Trade breakaway for combobreaker or make armor breakers more balanced.
  • Give everyone a quick mid/low.
  • Make meterburn on block a commitment.

If all those changes would be made, I'd quit the game because you might as well learn a different game.

This is a prime example of somebody who has never bothered to learn the game, gets his ass beat by everyone online and only tries to change what he can't deal with and is too lazy to lab.

Wakeup attacks, especially u2 is already punishable on block, while a lot of u3s are as well and those that aren't are either so negative that you can only duck and block or they're full combo punishable on flawless block by 11 or 12.

The whole game is built around strike/throw so if you're asking for throws to be broken by the same input while having the same slowish startup (for a 2d game), you're only asking for timeouts every fucking game.

Uppercuts should stay the same speed they're now AND be jump attack invincible a couple of frames in. Making them slower just takes away the d2 krushing blow you so much deserve after letting go of blocking when somebody is right in your face staggering you.

Fatal Blow should just have less pushback. Every single one is punishable af.

Not everyone needs or should have fast lows/mids. Stop trying to make every character play the same. Give almost everybody decent frame advantage on pokes to hit-confirm them though, unless they're 9f mid or heavy zoning characters.

I don't even know what meterburn on block being a commitment is supposed to mean. It already is. Aside from D'Vorah's tentacle thingy and Johnny's overhead special, all of them are unsafe or flawless blockable.

Lmao at making jump kicks invincible. That's just what we need. What a clown.
He wants d2 to be air attack invincible so you can basically anti air no matter the jump kick/punch hitbox and height they're pressed at.

There's jump kicks in this game that are not anti airable by most characters like Kung Lao's, Baraka's or Shang Tsung's if they're pressed early. Most character's s1 and d2 get stuffed flat out and the only counterplay is to actually guess when they do it and neutral duck, or flawless block. If you guess wrong though you might eat a combo due to the jump kick into grounded special option select, and if they press late they're in your face with frame advantage.

Pygmy_Potato

BF4+FF+BLK
Not to continue the dogpile but these suggestions if accurately described in those bulletin posts are wack.

I have my gripes, but stuff like combining everyone’s U2&U3s is just... huh? Unrealistic and misguided as they serve very diff purposes...

Also, big sigh at asking to strip mk of Chip death and their throw system. Like fireballs not colliding — it’s just not going to happen in an mk game.

If a mod wants to close or delete feel free. Didn't expect it to raise people's ire.

@Juggs @Eldriken
Sorry if it came on as if I was attacking you, wasn't my intention.

I think it just touches on a frustration the community has as a whole that the biggest FG content creators who get the most views for MK related kontent don't actually have a firm grasp of the game's meta.

In particular other FGs don't have this issue which makes it worse. I can get really entertaining Tekken and Guilty Gear content from very thoughtful players. But if I want MK content my choice is either watching long unedited Honeybee* sets or TrueUnderDawg complaining about projectile spam.

Sorry if it came on as if I was attacking you, wasn't my intention.

I think it just touches on a frustration the community has as a whole that the biggest FG content creators who get the most views for MK related kontent don't actually have a firm grasp of the game's meta.

In particular other FGs don't have this issue which makes it worse. I can get really entertaining Tekken and Guilty Gear content from very thoughtful players. But if I want MK content my choice is either watching long unedited Honeybee* sets or TrueUnderDawg complaining about projectile spam.
No no, it's perfectly alright. I wasn't aware trueunderdawg was kind of a sore spot. Honestly this was the one of the first things i came across of his.

I wasn't asking mods to close because i felt people were attacking me by any means, it just became clear that this wasn't going to be a fruitful topic lol.

It's all good. :)

Szkarad

( • )( • )ԅ(≖⌣≖ԅ)
90% of the video is stupid... especially "Give everyone a quick mid/low. "
Only thing I'd agree with him is that throws are really strong, but only nerf they should IMO get is that no kharakter should have KB on both throws. And maybe they should have more forgiving tech window