What's new

6th Character Towers are out now!

Which konsumables do you guys use to beat lvl 5 fireworks? You kill 4 foes and than in the last the fireworks kill you....

Are the supposed new skins tied to it? Well, at least we got the Jinsei augments if nothing else, I just don't get the reasoning of getting it in the last tower, which is likely as far as I'll go with the character offline.

Raider

Noob
Are the supposed new skins tied to it? Well, at least we got the Jinsei augments if nothing else, I just don't get the reasoning of getting it in the last tower, which is likely as far as I'll go with the character offline.
There are zero skins/gear in those towers at least for few characters that i finished already.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Thought alot of the "???" Gear added in the aftermath patch would be unlocked in 6th towers but guess they for future random towers that haven't come out yet that can't unlock them now,

or the kyrpt expansion talked about because of datamined files, I dunno

I don't give a shit about the augments but one nice thing about the 6th tower is if you don't have all of your characters gear and kosmetics, you can clean house with just a few runs on Brutal. I just picked up Kano a little while ago and I was missing a bunch of gear and kosmetics that I didn't really want to grind for. Pretty much got everything I was missing with just a few runs through on Brutal and now the only thing I'm missing are the ??? pieces and Race Against Time skins "Nice bit o' tucker"

kantboy-2

Ripper
If you re-activated the character towers after clearing them before the 6th towers went up then you get a server error EVERY TIME you try to clear the first 6th one.

Just a heads up.

Hard to say what NRS's content roll out gameplan is, but I'm all for a consistent trickle.

If you can believe anything you read, it'll be nice to see more gauntlet towers, test your might/luck, possible krypt expansion etc..

New characters are all well and good but it gets boring quickly if there is little content to use them in.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
So no new gear??

I have multiple unlocked skins that say " Found in Towers of Time" and repeatedly do towers on Brutal Mode with that character and NEVER get the skin, smh. This is frustrating.

SparkySanders

Unga bunga dude
So no new gear??

I have multiple unlocked skins that say " Found in Towers of Time" and repeatedly do towers on Brutal Mode with that character and NEVER get the skin, smh. This is frustrating.
I got a new staff for the old boy raiden last night when I did the 6th tower for him. But that was it amongst lord kirtzic’s beloved augments. I was pretty disappointed.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
The message from Derek is clear and sum up their mindset: "Hey we did something there. Go check it out! It is an order! We need to tell investor that you play that shit. Fuck fun"
The amount of effort and resources they've poured into the Towers over actual competitive balance and enjoyment is astounding once you see how quickly the grind gets stale.

I still don't understand why they can't make a Tournament-style Towers option, without all the fucking stupid modifiers for people who want to learn and grind the game the way it's intended to be played offline. But no, not only do you have no say in wanting to learn the real game instead of tolerating the way it is now, you also have to put up with it in order to grind for all the gear you want, instead of everything being able to unlock if, say, you only ever intend to play Ranked or Competitive.

Further proof this is a casual game that happens to have some competitive settings, which I wish they'd told us it was going to be in the first place.

jmt

Noob
Still not sure how to use augments. There is one option which is “sell”. Shit is sooo bad.