What's new

6th Character Towers are out now!

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
Still not sure how to use augments. There is one option which is “sell”. Shit is sooo bad.
You can also check out this link which explains the updated augments and what the Jinsei Augments can do.
https://mortalkombatgamessupport.wbgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/360048718333-Mortal-Kombat-11-Aftermath-05-26-Patch-Augment-Changes

So no new gear??

I have multiple unlocked skins that say " Found in Towers of Time" and repeatedly do towers on Brutal Mode with that character and NEVER get the skin, smh. This is frustrating.
Have you checked out this link? it may help you.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16sMPddLy3bQOq0py6hkQ66mw-kdIl1V283jf1BYNDkA/edit#gid=959377522

It tells you which tower/krypt event etc skins/gear is able to be made, and also what items can be made in the forge etc and what is needed to make them. I just checked it and seems to be updated frequently.

Also, consider this a PSA; it's nearing the 10 day mark for the current KL so if you want one of the skins you have to complete 10 KL daily sets even if you lose, so you prolly should play everyday from today on if you haven't played it yet.

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
Nice info thanks man
no prob.

I also wanted to confirm that these augments are really helpful on the ko-op team raid tower especially. Also, I received a taunt and several gear pieces on the Jade tower. I too agree that towers can get boring or reductive but if you don't have certain gear pieces or taunts it can at least allow you to not have the same taunts while playing online over and over. So if you have gobs of coins, hearts, and souls then your life is now!

Reactions: jmt

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Are all of the 6'th Tower wheels the same?
Because Noob's is just three heavily modified fights that count as a Tower each, and a handicap match and endurance match that do the same, and I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

What a shenanigan.

You could've fit all of it into one Tower, NRS.
Instead, you decide to break it into pieces and spread out all the new Jinsei loot under it, with even more modifiers and pain in the ass stipulations that further encourage letting the AI rock and not even trying to play through the mess. Because who cares if people are sick of all the gear and grinding revolving around these stale ass Towers or the disaster that is Kombat League? You're gonna make the game YOU want to make, and you won't let anyone tell you otherwise, not even your fans or players who are clamoring for lame shit like this to stop.

One step forward, three steps back.

Art Lean

Noob
Which konsumables do you guys use to beat lvl 5 fireworks? You kill 4 foes and than in the last the fireworks kill you....
Large shard of life + Special Forces radio = “easy money”. You don’t even need to fight, just constantly carpet bomb them and then heal most of your health back. All the augments you’ll ever need can be yours just by flicking the right thumb stick up and down with that simple konsumable combination.

The amount of effort and resources they've poured into the Towers over actual competitive balance and enjoyment is astounding once you see how quickly the grind gets stale.

I still don't understand why they can't make a Tournament-style Towers option, without all the fucking stupid modifiers for people who want to learn and grind the game the way it's intended to be played offline. But no, not only do you have no say in wanting to learn the real game instead of tolerating the way it is now, you also have to put up with it in order to grind for all the gear you want, instead of everything being able to unlock if, say, you only ever intend to play Ranked or Competitive.

Further proof this is a casual game that happens to have some competitive settings, which I wish they'd told us it was going to be in the first place.
The ideia is basically, knowing that a big portion of people love this game (addicted too), they use a tactic that kind of "obliges" you to play whatever they want if you want cosmetics.
They tell the investors you are engaged, you waste you precious time there doing nothing, WB wins. Fuck you. Thats it.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
The ideia is basically, knowing that a big portion of people love this game (addicted too), they use a tactic that kind of "obliges" you to play whatever they want if you want cosmetics.
They tell the investors you are engaged, you waste you precious time there doing nothing, WB wins. Fuck you. Thats it.
That's exactly how I feel about Kombat League not having a filter to deny shitty connections. Chances are more people are going to grit their teeth and at least try to play through it before they give up.

This. A couple of decent generic augments and a jinsei augment or two from earlier in the platform in your build, then add a consumable or two and the fights are comically easy.

Gaxkang

Banned
For Robocop I got a couple Jinsei's that increase the range of his air charge and his flamethrower...it's something at least. :p

As for normal augments for him...i think i've only gotten ones that increase money, heart gains...which i don't need. Nothing else for him. :eek:

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Once you beat all the character towers and equip a character with some heavy-damage augments, you can easily grind half your chosen character's gear and cosmetics within a couple of days.

You can play his 6th towers once per day, as well as the lower left towers which are the heavy-boss fight where you ally yourself with other players (they also give you gear and cosmetics after you beat each one).

Heck, at this point I can solo-tag the middle tower with heavily augmented characters and win 85% of the time.

So all in all, with just 7-8 matches you can get about 8 skins and 8 gear pieces per day.