What's new

Match Footage 6-year-old Chilean boy is the new god of UMK3

Hi guys!

It's called MAX and it's only 6 years old.

He lives with his uncle in the city of Calama in Chile and they train a lot in the # UMK3 arcade. I promise you that in a few years you will see him win a tournament.

I hope that nostalgia does its thing ...

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
This gives me flashbacks to 1998-1999 when my uncle taught me how to play UMK3 on a cabinets in Toronto from arcades, smoky bars, movie theatres & a Chuck E Cheese as it was his version of babysitting my brother & I.

He asked me who I wanted to learn, I picked Stryker so he taught me how to play & taught me high level play that started my journey of being an fighting game player & started my love for fighting games.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
6 years old!?? When I saw you post this on Twitter, I knew he was a young kid but I guess I glossed over his actual age. That’s legitimately incredible!

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
For context of how nuts this is...

It's already an extremely difficult combo to do for adults who can reach the buttons with their fingers, which makes a big deal when being able to press the buttons quickly. Imagine your hands barely being that much bigger than the buttons fully spread, to the point where you have to move your entire hand for every button press.

That's what makes this the most impressive for me.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
For context of how nuts this is...

It's already an extremely difficult combo to do for adults who can reach the buttons with their fingers, which makes a big deal when being able to press the buttons quickly. Imagine your hands barely being that much bigger than the buttons fully spread, to the point where you have to move your entire hand for every button press.

That's what makes this the most impressive for me.
Yup, it LOOKS like an easy combo, but it’s actually insanely difficult. Most people that see this probably don’t realize just how hard this is to execute, especially with how simple and repetitive it looks.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I literally just saw this on twitter a moment ago and now I see it here. This is INSANE. Having that kind of execution at 6 is just....I don't even know what to say. People who have never played UMK3 don't realize how difficult this combo is to do.

I honestly thought this video was faked in some way until I watched his inputs on the stick/buttons and saw he was doing it legit. Incredible stuff!