What's new

50/50 on throw

50/50 on throw?

• Total voters

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
To clear up any confusion that may still be here about the krushing blow mechanic and throw techs

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Its the same poke game im mkx except now characters dont seem to have “good”strings for people to wanna respect plus frames. This seems intentional. Off my experience Im worried from playing scorpion who is unsafe on double digit startup mids( unless you use misery blade loadout) that this could be a reflection of the cast. Nobody wants to commit so hard just to have pressure that isnt d1.

If they keep the same mashing-encouraged meta, which is brought on especially by the tech system, then you’d just have to play characters with good mids I guess lul. Because honestly they probably will keep the throw system exactly how it is.

Nerf D2s on block I suppose but it doesnt change the meta much. People do all kinds of shit on hit that would avoid highs from hold up and mash other pokes etc
I was hit with a lot of mashed uppercuts, it is annoying that they aren't more negative. Still we dont really know where the frames will be in the final game. It would be nice to keep the system as is but with better ways to blow up mashing as you mentioned.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
I was hit with a lot of mashed uppercuts, it is annoying that they aren't more negative. Still we dont really know where the frames will be in the final game. It would be nice to keep the system as is but with better ways to blow up mashing as you mentioned.
I dont expect every character to have hitconfirmable mids which is why Im waiting for release to really complain about it. It just seems like most mids so far are yolo neutral tools instead of pressure tools

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I'm fine with throws having two separate tech commands for forward throw and side switch throw. It's another level if mind games and in the corner you basically know which to tech.

But isn't there multiple way to evade throw? You can duck them, on top of it you get a chance after getting caught to tech it. So it's not like it's unavoidable

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
I remember almost losing to a Baraka that did nothing but shoot sparks, d2, and throw. It was the dumbest thing ever lol. And I wasn't even jumping in either, the d2 just kept low profiling/interrupting my strings.

But yeah, 2 throws, a d2, you're looking at 42% of your health gone. God knows how much if one of them krushing blows :confused:
This is a whole other issue. D2 is so strong in MK11. In this build anyway.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
God why so much complaining about throws

1. tech window is HUGE in mk11 compared to other games. I can reliably tech throws all the time
  2. Throw techs are not really 50/50's. If you are near the corner, is dude going to try to throw you into the corner? Probably a lot greater than 50% chance. If they are cornered, are they going to try to throw you in the corner and switch sides? That's probably closer to 100% chance. You have to assess the situation, its not going to be a coinflip.

Geoffmeister

PS4/EU Ermac main
Play Tekken too and I daresay I prefer the MK11 throw system.
In Tekken it can go, at worst 2-way with the same animation, 3 different ways to tech but they are reactable (HARD AS BALLS). Techable while 'blocking' and will whiff on crouch(block).
In MK11, it's 2 ways, with the calculated guess of side-switching, you can't be mashing (despite what I read here) vs a throw as throws will reliably stuff moves now.. RELIABLY. The recovery is long, allowing for really manageable whiff-punishes, tech-time-window is super generous. And then there's more calculated guessing when KB-throws become a threat.

I think what gets people is that you have to make a read on a throw and commit to ducking until after the throw happened... not pre-emptively stuffing the throw. In which case you pressed a button at the wrong time. And... that's fair imo. Characters with staggerable mids have it real easy.. but I'll take 7 throw-guesses over 3 low/overhead guesses (mkx).

Actually kudos. I have a deep hatred for throws and I don't in this game. (even with stupid throw-loop characters)

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I don't think that a tym poll will make them change their minds but I really think that 50/50s in most shape or form are a bad mechanic.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Putting the bullshit 50/50 tech system throws have aside, I still have an hard time understanding why throws have more range than the d2s made to punish them.

And on top of that they are highs that beat low profiling better than actual mids do. I have no idea what NRS is doing.

Radam

Noob
My issue with the throws seems to be if you are also pressing the d pad in any direction and try to escape a throw it doesn't register. It's so annoying.

What do you guys think about this? I wish they would change it so that no matter what if you press the right button at the right time you escape the throw regardless if you are pressing a direction on the d pad or not.

If NRS wants to make a game that the better player wins, throws should not be a 50/50.

"But what about the Krushing Blow?"

Just make the Krushing Blow come out if you do not TECH the throw.

This will make shimmy amazing... think about the mind games. The fear of not teching a throw and getting baited by a shimmy or getting hit by a throw with a krushing blow into 30%

What do you guys think about It?
The better player can still win if they out mind game you

For example if my opponent is in the korner and I want to throw, I'll throw away from the korner, because most people are expecting me to want to keep them in the korner

My issue with the throws seems to be if you are also pressing the d pad in any direction and try to escape a throw it doesn't register. It's so annoying.

What do you guys think about this? I wish they would change it so that no matter what if you press the right button at the right time you escape the throw regardless if you are pressing a direction on the d pad or not.
You dont need to press a direction to escape- i think 1 and 3 tech the away throw and 2 and 4 tech the forward throw(I dont remember off the top of my head)

Radam

Noob
No that is not what I am saying. I know you don't HAVE to press a direction. I'm saying that if you are pressing in a direction and you press the right button to escape a throw it doesn't register and it sucks.

For an example you might be walking backwards when someone grabs you or ducking when someone grabs you, even if you press the right button to escape it doesn't work.

It seems you have to be standing neutral to escape throws. I could be wrong but it seems that way to me and is the only way I've been able to escape throws consistently.

No that is not what I am saying. I know you don't HAVE to press a direction. I'm saying that if you are pressing in a direction and you press the right button to escape a throw it doesn't register and it sucks.
Oh, I see- yes that's dumb it should just not register it

God why so much complaining about throws

1. tech window is HUGE in mk11 compared to other games. I can reliably tech throws all the time
  2. Throw techs are not really 50/50's. If you are near the corner, is dude going to try to throw you into the corner? Probably a lot greater than 50% chance. If they are cornered, are they going to try to throw you in the corner and switch sides? That's probably closer to 100% chance. You have to assess the situation, its not going to be a coinflip.
My reactions for teching throws are terrible, and if this game has the widest window then I'm screwed

XxTheGoblinX

Le_Supreme_
You guys are crazy , if you nerf throws your going to weaken the majority of characters on the roster. So many characters rely on throws in there gameplan, the top tier wont be that much affected and the rest will get so much weaker. You also dont even have to tech a throw just duck and give em a KB uppercut for 40%! I think thats fair