What's new

50/50 Mix-Ups & Pressure Concepts

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Solid mix ups you presented here.. They look better than Manta's mix ups and he has a better teleport so he's probably a better kounter-zoner too..

Reactions: REO

REO

Undead
Raiden definitely seems to have better mix-ups than Manta so far but Manta's great chip damage and footsies are kinda the reason why.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
I'm a bit iffy on the F3 mixups because of how telegraphed the animation is and that fuzzying F3 or F3xxMB teleport shenanigans may not be too difficult (teleport has 16 startup and the second hit of F3 seems to be noticeably less than that, not counting the extra frames you have to add once you do something after MB teleport).

The 112B3 / 112 MB teleport mixup looks quite good (though MB DB2 may be better as REO as a reply to my comment) as does 3B3 or 3xxMB Teleport, those two I'm quite sold on. MB orb shenanigans also look quite nice, especially if you factor in that 112B3 will probably combo in the corner. 112, B1 may also be a mixup in the same sense that 21D3 and 21xxF3 bounce cancel is a mixup, which means you could pop in a B13 in the corner to safely launch them into the orb.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Raiden definitely seems to have better mix-ups than Manta so far but Manta's great chip damage and footsies are kinda the reason why.
How are u finding canceling the teleport in this game off strings/normals? (On block)

With 112 have to do DU suuuuuper late in string if want to come out.
With single hit normals its very hit and miss for me at the moment, like with 3-teleport find I have to input DU on the frames the 3 is connecting on block and little to no buffer before the contact happens.
Trait strings on the other hand much easier, all the hits creating a "fake" buffer window maybe?

It doesn't buffer the same way his other specials do if just dial in it, or even other DU moves, (like do d1u with scarecrow then do d1u with radien,scarecrows tele will come out where raiden won't useless I do dd1u)

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Wow those are some really crazy Mix-ups, with these Raiden can be a huge threat for sure. Kudos to you @REO .