What's new

Strategy - Summoner 5 bats with one bar of meter - The Potential of The Tile Vortex

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
Hey guys! I've been working on some setups using @The_Tile Vortex to keep looping 50/50s and fun to blockables. Here's a video I made to illustrate how many bats you can get with just one bar of meter. Before you blow me up, yes i know theres some 50/50 situations in the video that can be blocked but i have assumed the opponent guessed wrong for illustration purposes. Your bat does keep the mixup 100% safe however. Enjoy!

@legion666
@Israfel
@michaelangelo
@gibster13

E

Eldriken

New tech being found everyday! Please don't let this game die next year.
While it was probably a mistake, just in case: You don't have to report your own messages if you double post. But like I said, it was probably a mistake. =P All taken care of. :D

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Hey guys! I've been working on some setups using @The_Tile Vortex to keep looping 50/50s and fun to blockables. Here's a video I made to illustrate how many bats you can get with just one bar of meter. Before you blow me up, yes i know theres some 50/50 situations in the video that can be blocked but i have assumed the opponent guessed wrong for illustration purposes. Your bat does keep the mixup 100% safe however. Enjoy!

@legion666
@Israfel
@michaelangelo
@gibster13
Can we get a video on how to deal with it?

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Pro tip, the very first overhead you can armour. Other than that you gotta git gud
Even so Quan can read that and send bat early to break your armor. :DOGE

No point cancelling into normal skull midscreen though imo, it's much better to cancel into rune cause it's safer/more plus on block depending on when you send the bat and there's no gap unlike skull.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
its things like this that make me scared for a patch.

I'm labbing cyrax (1 week old) and I found an extremely easy HTB reset after 30% from any hit confirm and 33% for 1 bar and safe OH/LOW. This launches/armor breaks (slides and lao) and stops back dashes and can be followed up with 22% or 31% with a bar.

This is totally unoptimised, i'm terrible with cyrax so i'm sure theres plenty room for improvement. I've seen the set-ups currently but they are harder timing and longer combos for not much more payoff.

To make my point clearer. Yes cyrax has terrible reversal options and a somewhat lacking neutral, but if he does 52% or off a 111 net punish and spend 1 bar for 61% in total after reset; is it scary to give him better reversal armor or a true mid?

Whats shown here could EASILY happen in a tournament situation. What if quan gets boofed :eek:.

p.s so glad the tile couldn't use this on me :p

omooba

fear the moobs
Been looking for a thread I can use to complain about quan. Thank you senpai
So basically the only difference between pre patch summoner quan and current summoner quan is less dmg. Still loops htb still jails of hitconfirmable 50/50's in the corner. Still has probably the best zoning in the game. Still my go to sand bag everytime I see Mr aquaman online lol

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
Been looking for a thread I can use to complain about quan. Thank you senpai
So basically the only difference between pre patch summoner quan and current summoner quan is less dmg. Still loops htb still jails of hitconfirmable 50/50's in the corner. Still has probably the best zoning in the game. Still my go to sand bag everytime I see Mr aquaman online lol
Quan IS the most downplayed character in MK. Sorcerer has some of the most dumb corner stuff since Demo

Clam down chowder shouldn't you be somewhere complaining about Jade?

Pro tip, the very first overhead you can armour. Other than that you gotta git gud
I think both times you go for the overhead in this video it can be backdashed/armoured. Funny thing is it isn't maximum damage you can get and both overhead and low can be made guaranteed. For example after you do B324,NJP,rc,2xxtrance, bat summon you can stick in a d3 (or even a s4 but it is way harder) before the trance hitstun expires, and it will actually do more damage in total. But yes the HTBs are only guaranteed when Ex Trance is used.
But on the other hand guys @STB Shujinkydink @The_Tile - let's not post more optimal/broken stuff until the patch drops)

There is a shitstorm coming...

JDM

Noob
Dink, shhhh ;)

Seriously though I've got some nasty setups recorded on my xbox that I need to upload. I've been saying it for a while now, he still has the best set play in the game bar Bo and maybe Jacqui imo.
upload em. I'm thinking of picking quan back up. I miss that summoner keepaway